Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 PM

35 posts, read 81,259 times

Advertisements

Yes, I finally woke up to the way I was being treated by my ex-boyfriend. It took awhile though. Him always making excuses and saying things in such a way that he made it seem like it was MY fault for the way I was feeling. Very good manipulator and done in such a way that you don't see it. You come on these forums and ask for advice and get good advice, then you ignore them. You talk to your friends and they tell you the same thing and you ignore them. Still thinking, 'well, maybe it is ME. Maybe I need to TRY harder. Maybe I'm just telling people my side and not his and maybe I'm wrong.'

I read all about divorces and couples breaking up and I'm a worker. I don't give up easily. And when my ex said I can talk to him about anything and then I do and he does NOT want to admit he's wrong. So, talking is pretty much useless. They say communication is key, but when one partner truly believes that he's not doing anything wrong, then what can you do?? Then he turns it around to make it seem like it's YOU. And you keep playing it over in your mind.

Love really is blind. He said he wanted to be with me forever and that he'll take care of me and those words just blew me away. He said he'll never cheat and/or do anything to hurt me. But he didn't realize that there are different ways to hurt a person. Not spending enough time with me and/or not talking to me that much and then he says it's me and he puts his hobbies/family before me and well, I just felt like the lowest. Thinking I'm too clingy or co-dependent or whatever. But finally realizing that it wasn't me at all! I was put last.

I was actually thinking about moving in with him and spending my life with this man. What a disaster that would've been. I realize how inconsiderate and selfish he is.

So people, if you are in a relationship and you think maybe it's YOU, well then maybe it's NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
It is always good to ask yourself if you are the source of the problem. You were not wrong to do that. It is just as important to recognize when you've made every effort possible and when the ball is in your partner's court. It is hard to break away from a relationship because sometimes we just want to take the path of least resistance. But sometimes you're better off in the long run by making a hard decision now. Good for you for recognizing that you had reached this point, and good luck to you as you move on.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:02 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
You both wanted to be "right" instead of "wrong". That approach hardly ever works to anyone's benefit. You were both right and now you're both alone.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
feel good you recognize all this now,,,than 2 yrs from now

Im young, I know,
But even so
I know a thing, or two
I learned, from you
I really learned a lot,
Really learned a lot
Love is like a flame
It burns you when it's hot
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
At least you're done with him OP.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBePretty View Post
Yes, I finally woke up to the way I was being treated by my ex-boyfriend. It took awhile though. Him always making excuses and saying things in such a way that he made it seem like it was MY fault for the way I was feeling. Very good manipulator and done in such a way that you don't see it. You come on these forums and ask for advice and get good advice, then you ignore them. You talk to your friends and they tell you the same thing and you ignore them. Still thinking, 'well, maybe it is ME. Maybe I need to TRY harder. Maybe I'm just telling people my side and not his and maybe I'm wrong.'

I read all about divorces and couples breaking up and I'm a worker. I don't give up easily. And when my ex said I can talk to him about anything and then I do and he does NOT want to admit he's wrong. So, talking is pretty much useless. They say communication is key, but when one partner truly believes that he's not doing anything wrong, then what can you do?? Then he turns it around to make it seem like it's YOU. And you keep playing it over in your mind.

Love really is blind. He said he wanted to be with me forever and that he'll take care of me and those words just blew me away. He said he'll never cheat and/or do anything to hurt me. But he didn't realize that there are different ways to hurt a person. Not spending enough time with me and/or not talking to me that much and then he says it's me and he puts his hobbies/family before me and well, I just felt like the lowest. Thinking I'm too clingy or co-dependent or whatever. But finally realizing that it wasn't me at all! I was put last.

I was actually thinking about moving in with him and spending my life with this man. What a disaster that would've been. I realize how inconsiderate and selfish he is.

So people, if you are in a relationship and you think maybe it's YOU, well then maybe it's NOT.
Excellent post.

You are absolutely right. Many women who chose to stay in a dysfunctional relationship do have codependency issue. You are certainly not the problem. You deserve to be happy, hope you can find somebody so much better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships