Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Who is "he"? You're making up some guy who doesn't exist in the lives of plenty of women.
Exactly. This dude definitely doesn't exist in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post

I don't know, it actually seems easier for guys. If a guy takes care of himself, looks decent, is smart, isn't lazy, knows how to talk to women, it seems like they can just go out and find someone. And this might sound old fashioned, but even in today's world, the dating game is still up to the man. A guy can approach a woman he's interested in, if she turns him down, he finds someone else he's interested in. But for a girl, she first has to find someone she's interested in, then she has to find a way to get him to be interested back in her enough to ask her out. I mean, yeah, she can ask him out initially, but then the guy usually gets lazy and lets her do everything and takes her for granted and end up being the ahole people post about on the internet.
Sorry, but I disagree with this 100%.

I mean, in this statement alone, you've proven why it's much harder for us guys to get women. WE have to be the ones to talk to women. WE have to deal with the rejection. WE'RE the ones who have to do all the work while women just have to pick and choose. The ball is totally in your court. It only seems easiest for "alpha" males (read tall, dark and handsome types).

I'll give you my situation: I'm a short, black guy, about to be 30, living in NYC (mind you, the highest population in the country). I don't even follow that shallow crap that a woman can't be fat as I like bigger types myself. I also don't look for the highly attractive ones...just ones with a down-to-earth personality. I do want to be attracted to the woman, but that doesn't take much i.e. a nice smile is enough to attract me. Why does it still seem so impossible for me to get ANYWHERE with women? I (at least I think I do) dress nicely when I go out, I'm talkative and very outgoing (love being out in nature and going to bars). Never really get any responses on dating sites (I'm on 2 and my messages actually have substance to them) and I'm even in a Meetup group where there is an abundance of women, yet I still get nowhere.

Dating easier for men .

BTW, I ADMIT I'm bitter, so there's no reason for anyone to bring it up.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post

I mean, in this statement alone, you've proven why it's much harder for us guys to get women. WE have to be the ones to talk to women. WE have to deal with the rejection. WE'RE the ones who have to do all the work while women just have to pick and choose. The ball is totally in your court. It only seems easiest for "alpha" males (read tall, dark and handsome types).

I'll give you my situation: I'm a short, black guy, about to be 30, living in NYC (mind you, the highest population in the country). I don't even follow that shallow crap that a woman can't be fat as I like bigger types myself. I also don't look for the highly attractive ones...just ones with a down-to-earth personality. I do want to be attracted to the woman, but that doesn't take much i.e. a nice smile is enough to attract me. Why does it still seem so impossible for me to get ANYWHERE with women? I (at least I think I do) dress nicely when I go out, I'm talkative and very outgoing (love being out in nature and going to bars). Never really get any responses on dating sites (I'm on 2 and my messages actually have substance to them) and I'm even in a Meetup group where there is an abundance of women, yet I still get nowhere.

Dating easier for men .

Dating is a lot easier for a guy. All we have to do is find a pretty girl, not be a total loser, and say "Want to eat something sometime?". How hard is that?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,806,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Who is "he"? You're making up some guy who doesn't exist in the lives of plenty of women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Exactly. This dude definitely doesn't exist in my life.
Right, and Bob Ross painted pictures of the crucifixion.

You two are shining examples of how being "strong" equates to being "blunt," "direct" and "bold." Which equates to, "I am woman, I will be heard." In other words, the problem with many American women today.

Then again, y'all live in the urban Northeast, so I'm not shocked (not that we don't have our share here in California).

As a slight aside:

Adam Carolla, the comedian, once said it best: treat a woman like a cat. Females are feline in their behaviors, if you really think about it. Except I have something to add to that: Women, like cats, are easily creeped out, anyway, but today they're also spoiled with silk beds and Fancy Feast, figuratively speaking. Unless a man is Channing Tatum or a sugar daddy, then they're "the dream."

Yours truly,
A guy at least smart enough to see through bull

Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
A guy at least smart enough to see through bull

Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Dating is a lot easier for a guy. All we have to do is find a pretty girl, not be a total loser, and say "Want to eat something sometime?". How hard is that?
I fail to see where that's easier for us. She has to accept the date first, right? Also, I've stated that looks aren't all that important to me, yet I'm even having trouble getting an average to below average woman. It's frustrating.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,713,543 times
-From a guys POV just be straight and honest. Don't flirt with a guy then later down the road say you have a b.f already. In fact don't flirt with a guy unless you're truly single.
-Try and make your hints pretty noticeable, sometimes guy don't pick up on them.
-Don't assume because he is ignoring you he doesn't like you and forget about it.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 AM

947 posts, read 1,187,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post

Dating easier for men .

Well, there you have it.

If you're approaching anybody, isn't the ball in your court first when you pick the women you're talking to? That's picking and choosing as well. After all, you're in a city with millions and millions of people to choose from.

A rejection is far better than being stuck in a dysfunctional relationship.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM

13,658 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Women need to be less impulsively judgmental of men who approach them. At the same time, women need to place themselves in situations where they’re more likely to be approached by quality men.

Men need to be bolder about who to approach, and less judgmental about superficial qualities that entice the approach. At the same time, they need to place themselves in situations where they’re more likely to be around quality women who merit the approach.

The problem for both genders is how to increase the number of situations where other singles are available and approachable. This is where our society has failed. We don’t offer enough opportunites for serious-minded singles to mingle. This is why we end up with casual hook-ups, sugar-daddies, manipulations and prevarications.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
umm, why not let women approach you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships