Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM

296 posts, read 571,781 times

Advertisements

Every women's profile makes a big deal about how she needs to be travelling "off the beaten path" to somewhere exotic like SE Asia or the Himalayas, before stopping off at Mount Everest. I only see this quirky attitude on online dating sites and have yet to meet a woman in real life who was CRAZY about travel (many enjoy it, usually during holidays or vacation, but the consensus on these dating sites is that you better love to travel and can afford to or get out of my way!).

Is the ability to travel the new social currency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 02:04 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
I love to travel. I offer to pay for both myself and my man. In fact I just booked a trip-all expenses paid by me-since he's broke.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Every women's profile makes a big deal about how she needs to be travelling "off the beaten path" to somewhere exotic like SE Asia or the Himalayas, before stopping off at Mount Everest. I only see this quirky attitude on online dating sites and have yet to meet a woman in real life who was CRAZY about travel (many enjoy it, usually during holidays or vacation, but the consensus on these dating sites is that you better love to travel and can afford to or get out of my way!).

Is the ability to travel the new social currency?
Yes ...but men online do it too.
I like traveling though but I don't get to do it as much as people on dating sites do (wish I could tho). I'm not cool like them.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
To make them sound interesting?

My first question to those who list it would be "Where have you traveled to?"

If they've actually BEEN off the beaten path, then it's genuine.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM

296 posts, read 571,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
To make them sound interesting?

My first question to those who list it would be "Where have you traveled to?"

If they've actually BEEN off the beaten path, then it's genuine.
It's gotten to the point where I will contact someone excitedly if I see that they write that they hate travelling just because it's so refreshingly different haha.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
It's gotten to the point where I will contact someone excitedly if I see that they write that they hate travelling just because it's so refreshingly different haha.
They could just be fantasizing, you know?

Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Well, if you hate traveling too, that makes sense.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times
I mention traveling, because I enjoy doing it. Since I've been single long-term, I haven't been much of anywhere lately. When I was in my relationship I went to Chicago, Vegas, Richmond, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, and St. Louis. I'm probably even missing a few places. I had a blast doing all that traveling. It's harder for guys to rope together a trip compared to girls who can just jump in a car and take a road trip.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM

577 posts, read 992,885 times
Women (and Men) like to travel to have new experiences, see new things, and get out of town for a bit. Putting down that they like to travel and see the world doesn't mean they take off for far horizons every other week. Jobs and family life tend to keep that from happening. It's just an easy thing to put on a profile. Hey who doesn't like to go on a vacation every now and then.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I mention traveling, because I enjoy doing it. Since I've been single long-term, I haven't been much of anywhere lately. When I was in my relationship I went to Chicago, Vegas, Richmond, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, and St. Louis. I'm probably even missing a few places. I had a blast doing all that traveling. It's harder for guys to rope together a trip compared to girls who can just jump in a car and take a road trip.
I'm a girl and can't rope together a trip either. All of my girlfriends are tied down to jobs, SO's and family and can't get away. It kind of sucks and I haven't learned to travel well alone yet. I'm afraid I'll get lonely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships