Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 AM

426 posts, read 559,443 times

Advertisements

he probably is saving up to take it with him when he goes and meets his maker but they dont take coupons just cash at the pearly gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 09:17 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,430,752 times
Numbers 7, 8, 9, 16, 17, 18 and 20 are the only ones that would really annoy me.

Quote:
7. He is up to any events that have free stuff like T-shirt or food. He wants to wait in a long line even though the free food is worthy less than $1.

8. He never buys her a drink, a meal or an event ticket, but he takes it readily when he gets one from her. The only food he is willing to buy her is half of his $7 Subway.

9. He hesitates or unwilling to take out his wallet when buying small stuff of $5 for both of him and her.

10. He has no TV/internet cable at home. He has no any kind of music players.

16. He wears old worn out clothes in public sometimes. Most of his clothes are free.

17. He wishes that she can share the $5 parking fee.

18. He wants her to take her car and let her drive for the other half of the route, 10-20miles.

20. He never donates a cent to anything.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,790,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRXMan View Post
he probably is saving up to take it with him when he goes and meets his maker but they dont take coupons just cash at the pearly gates.
Hold on, I didn't see any cash in my dad's or grandmother's coffin when they went to meet the maker.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:29 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,430,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Wow. Just...wow. Maybe this guy is stuck in a time warp - back in the Little House on the Prairie days, maybe. A cell phone isn't a "luxury" or something to be "frugal" about - it's a necessity. Especially in times of emergency or importance.

No cable? Only eating at restaurants that he has coupons for??

Oh my God.

Run, Forrest. Run................!

A cell phone is hardly a necessity. People have gotten through emergencies for some 40 years or more without them.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,677,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp13579 View Post
No. That is why I am not in a relationship with him. Anyone like that is not attractive at all, whether as a friend, a boy friend or a husband.
Is this someone you actually know?

Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 AM

977 posts, read 1,816,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Numbers 7, 8, 9, 16, 17, 18 and 20 are the only ones that would really annoy me.
That's 7 out of 20, that's pretty bad. Like has been said before, it's not that any of these are so bad in isolation, it's that when you take all 20 as a combination, that's just terrible. I wouldn't want this guy as a friend. When would he ever go out to a ballgame or decent restaurant? When would we go on a trip?

Old 03-10-2013, 10:34 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,221,116 times
OP, is this a person you know in real life and did you make this thread just to make fun of him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
This.

Coming from a NORMAL person, let me tell the rest of you that the way this man acts is NOT normal and if you think it's OK, well maybe you should stop playing World of Warcraft, eat some vegetables, go work out, and go socialize.
What does any of this have to do with this thread?
You people really are unnecessarily rude and abrasive, if you don't like a guy than don't date him. No need to air him out all over C-D. Does everyone need to live the same lifestyle or something?

Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,250,827 times
He is very frugal and will probably have his first million saved before you do. If you are dating him, then move on because it is unfair to date someone and feel this negatively about them. If he is a friend, then get some pointers from him.
And, while you are so busy monitoring him and his lifestyle...Who's monitoring yours?? Most people aren't overly involved in other people's business. Or, OP....is this "guy" really you?

Last edited by JanND; 03-10-2013 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: added text

Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM

832 posts, read 1,419,522 times
Quote:

8. He never buys her a drink, a meal or an event ticket, but he takes it readily when he gets one from her. The only food he is willing to buy her is half of his $7 Subway.

9. He hesitates or unwilling to take out his wallet when buying small stuff of $5 for both of him and her.

11. He does not have cell phone- Well, he has one, a Tracfone, which he ONLY turns on when he is on a date/meeting, and he never texts back (to save 25 cents probably). When he talks on that Tracfone, he never goes longer than 2 minutes.

13. He doesn’t turn on his air conditioner when it is 103 degree. He hides in the basement until it cools down late in the evening.

18. He wants her to take her car and let her drive for the other half of the route, 10-20miles.
All of it together is a problem. Some of them in one are not.

For me, the problematic ones are those I've left. Out of those, I'd probably only tolerate #11 if he's a allergic to "the man" and a technophobe.

I dated/lived with someone who shared the majority of your listed traits. But the ones I've left were particularly troublesome in the relationship. Maybe that's why they're deal breakers for me?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,993,573 times
Quote:
Life can be so boring with a stingy guy like this-

Warn you. It is a long list, in no particular order. Thank you if you go through all of it.

1. He only chooses those restaurants that he has coupons.

2. He always orders the cheapest dishes. Appetizers or disserts are never in his life.

3. He only asks for water as his drink in restaurants.

4. He pours tons of the cheese, olive oil on his dish when they are free in restaurants.

5. He enjoys spending time to register with different restaurants online for free or discounts meals, and then to unsubscribe after the meals.

6. He grabs TWO food packages of leftovers when obviously there are not enough for all the people there. He refills a full cup of drink (fast-food coke) after he finishes his meal and right before he leaves the restaurant.

7. He is up to any events that have free stuff like T-shirt or food. He wants to wait in a long line even though the free food is worthy less than $1.

10. He has no TV/internet cable at home. He has no any kind of music players.

11. He does not have cell phone- Well, he has one, a Tracfone, which he ONLY turns on when he is on a date/meeting, and he never texts back (to save 25 cents probably). When he talks on that Tracfone, he never goes longer than 2 minutes.

12. He doesn’t want to replace his old problematic telephone. His parents retired it and he took over. It was probably made in the 80’s.

13. He doesn’t turn on his air conditioner when it is 103 degree. He hides in the basement until it cools down late in the evening.

14. His old, dirty, broken, second hand car has many problems, and he says he won’t retire it until it falls apart.

15. He put a lot of effort to collect the free fire woods for the winters.

16. He wears old worn out clothes in public sometimes. Most of his clothes are free.

19. He was unhappy because he spent $10 on a newly released movie in theater.

20. He never donates a cent to anything.

I guess this is the end of the list. LOL.

Remember, he earns 100k a year, and he has no one to take care of except himself.

IT IS MISERABLE when all these things happen on one same guy!
This is sick, not frugal. Dump him.

He sounds like my uncle who died at age 80, as did his wife, and neither ever enjoyed life. He obsessed about every penny despite having many times the safety net even experts recommend. They were unable to bury it with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships