Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,990 times

Advertisements

I fell hard and fast. First time though. I figure its because we've dated before and so it feels like I got my good friend back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Have you ever known someone who got really intense and serious about dating someone in a very short period of time? Or have you ever been that person who started feeling serious emotions after knowing someone just a few days?

Are people who fall hard and fast the type who act like that for every other person they date, or is it a rare occurrence that could happen to anyone? Or, on the flip side, do some people tend to attract really intense people?
In the early stages of a relationship and if it's been a long time for someone anyone can get swept away. it's human nature.

I knew a guy who for a long time did this, His mother used to say "He is in love with love" meaning he craved those feelings very strongly. Him and his love interests used to go too fast and disappointment resulted. he grew out of it, having met and remained with one woman eventually.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 AM

354 posts, read 517,864 times
Quote:
Have you ever known someone who got really intense and serious about dating someone in a very short period of time? Or have you ever been that person who started feeling serious emotions after knowing someone just a few days?

Are people who fall hard and fast the type who act like that for every other person they date, or is it a rare occurrence that could happen to anyone? Or, on the flip side, do some people tend to attract really intense people?
The guy I dated. On our 2nd date. He decided I am suddenly his GF, said we look for house together, since he is currently looking he just moved from other state, and forced me to kiss him on lips. LOL. By the time I went home and he texted me. I said I don't think I want to go out with him anymore.

I was totally shocked by him and creeped out. Oh he also don't want me to have bangs. Coz I mentioned to him I'll get a haircut soon. WOW. The REAL reason I decided to no see him anymore though is he admitted there was a domestic violence on his 2nd marriage, only 2 yrs. I think. The 1st marriage was decades long they divorced coz his wife complains he likes sex too much. Anyway he told me in graphic what happened to 2nd marriage. How he called police often on his wife, physical assaults they made to each other. How he got his wife in jail... ALL of those info on our 2nd date! He is good looking too. Sounds too desperate and history of domestic violence though creep me out. Actually when he told me to not have bangs that indicated to me he is controlling type. And I ain't got time for that.

And then I met my husband. We were only dating for 2 months when we got married. Very happy so far though!

Last edited by msvalentine; 03-11-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 AM

Okay...I'll take this thread as a sign to back off a bit. Lol

Old 03-11-2013, 08:43 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Okay...I'll take this thread as a sign to back off a bit. Lol
Ha, maybe you should. This just keeps happening to me, where I'll only go out with someone a few times before they start acting like they can't stand to be without me. At this point I figure it has to be something about me that either attracts this type or that my personality turns sane people temporarily nuts.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Ha, maybe you should. This just keeps happening to me, where I'll only go out with someone a few times before they start acting like they can't stand to be without me. At this point I figure it has to be something about me that either attracts this type or that my personality turns sane people temporarily nuts.
Oh...yeah that's not me. I'm usually the one telling them to back off a bit. I was thinking from an emotional level with him. But I understand.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
A couple of times I've fallen hard and fast, but know that it's a bad idea to make that known too soon, or behave too intensely. Besides, whatever amazing chemistry and intuition of rightness may exist, only time can confirm that these feelings are substantiated - and more importantly, reciprocated.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Being intense too fast is a serious turn off for me. I reconnected with someone from high school and the first time after we "remet" he asked if I was his girlfriend now. Yikes! That one didn't work out. I've definitely liked someone/felt more intense than they did, but I try not to be too pushy. I see a lot of people on Facebook getting in and out of relationships...they have a new person every few months and they are sooooo in love and making all these future plans and gushing on each other's walls, and then poof...done. I think people who are willing to be serious fast are willing to dump someone fast too. They get IN and OUT of relationships quickly.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,127 times
Ok, I admit, this was me with my last girlfriend. We met online, spoke here and there back and forth for a month, met up, then BAM, making out about 2 hours into the date...for the whole night. Took off from work the next day to be with her and BAM, it (and some other things) happened all over again. I asked her to be my girlfriend that night. She accepted.

Fast forward 1 1/2 months- I tell her I love her. She says it back. I'm HAPPY!

Fast forward to 2 months- She's bored and wants her space (mind you, i only saw her 2 days in the week). I break up with her as I felt that she didn't love me.

Fast forward another week- We get back together, but she tells me that she slept with another guy during our very short breakup. Of course I was pissed, but, like a sap, got back with her anyway.

Went out for 2 more months- Broke up for good when she told me of her feelings for another guy. I had enough of her at that point.

What's the point to this story?
I've learned not to rush into anything that fast again. It takes time to get to know someone. All those feelings were just infatuation. My problem is that I'm usually single, so the thought of ANY WOMAN being interested in me excites me. When you're single about 95% of your entire life, it feels awesome to be wanted. My better judgment went out the window when we had our first kiss.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:

Happened a few times & I think it's the reason I'm taking a break from it all now.
I want to take things slow; when a guy starts putting pressure on me, with getting way too attached way too soon- I run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships