Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:08 AM

148 posts, read 132,202 times

Advertisements

I'm a freshmen in college (living on campus). and so far I'm enjoying myself. I'm fairly social, have alot of people who would call me charismatic, and have a nice circle of friends. However, I don't feel the need to talk to every girl I see, so i tend to observe and keep quiet. It not that I can't talk to people. I just choose not to often enough. Any advice for a kid in the week of school? A good amount of kids here are sexually frustrated, and I don't wanna be one of them.

If need be, I can provide pictures of myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 03:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
So you just want to get laid? That's all you actually asked about.

Chances are slim that you will just bump into a girl and magically have sex with her. So logic dictates that you will have to put some effort into it.

Sure, some girl MIGHT be drawn to the moody guy over there "observing" everyone. But you'll do better and probably feel better about it if you start by being interested in girls for who they are as people and what kind of fun you can have together rather than merely as a way to avoid being "sexually frustrated."

Post a pic if you want, but dude, you're in college. The odds are never going to be more in your favor than they are now.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:54 AM

67 posts, read 70,322 times
For some reason kids always think college is the place when you can finally get laid every day while drinking to your heart's content. It doesn't work that way...

Honestly if you're already always in the corner thinking about how you can get laid, that's "sexually frustrated". Just join some clubs, do other stuff and enjoy life, go to parties and bars if that's your thing, women will come eventually.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 AM

[quote=Wmsn4Life;40991413]

Quote:
So you just want to get laid? That's all you actually asked about.

Chances are slim that you will just bump into a girl and magically have sex with her. So logic dictates that you will have to put some effort into it.
Have you read the app Yip *** feed at your local college campus? Tons of people on this campus, guys and girls, are looking for either sex or a boyfriend. I only said I don't want to be one of them ("sexually frustrated"). That implies I'm looking for sex, but definitely doesn't imply that I only want that. General advice is desired, specifically in relation to girls and dating, as you can tell. Please don't assume anything anymore than what is implied in the post. It just makes it a waste of both our times when I have to correct your assumption.

Quote:
Post a pic if you want, but dude, you're in college. The odds are never going to be more in your favor than they are now.
I heard this changes in your thirties, but I'm not complaining! I'm going to enjoy myself.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:16 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,247 times
Talk to girls in your dorm, at a party, before and after class. This isn't rocket science.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post

Have you read the app Yip *** feed at your local college campus? Tons of people on this campus, guys and girls, are looking for either sex or a boyfriend. I only said I don't want to be one of them ("sexually frustrated"). That implies I'm looking for sex, but definitely doesn't imply that I only want that. General advice is desired, specifically in relation to girls and dating, as you can tell. Please don't assume anything anymore than what is implied in the post. It just makes it a waste of both our times when I have to correct your assumption.

I heard this changes in your thirties, but I'm not complaining! I'm going to enjoy myself.

Then make a complete post the first time so we don't have to infer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Talk to girls in your dorm, at a party, before and after class. This isn't rocket science.
Exactly.

I gave you general advice, OP. Put effort into interacting with women.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimori View Post
For some reason kids always think college is the place when you can finally get laid every day while drinking to your heart's content. It doesn't work that way...
I believe that what you think kids think. Please find in the OP where I stated this exact line. I'll wait.

Quote:
Honestly if you're already always in the corner thinking about how you can get laid, that's "sexually frustrated".
Except I never said that what I do. Don't make assumptions. I observe people, to see how they talk, react and have fun with each other, or hear what they say. It is one thing way I enjoy myself. I'm not even in a corner all the time, and i'm never thinking about how every encounter can turn sexual.

Quote:
Just join some clubs, do other stuff and enjoy life, go to parties and bars if that's your thing, women will come eventually.
So I should just wait? I'm fine with that.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:33 AM

[quote=Wmsn4Life;40993459][quote=smart-dumb-kid;40993200]

Quote:
Then make a complete post the first time so we don't have to infer.
You pretty much reached. W/E. It would've been better to ask clarifying questions.

Quote:
Exactly.

I gave you general advice. Put effort into interacting with women.
Never said I don't, and you kinda didn't. You went of an assumption and based your advice around that. You addressed the assumption problem, but not mine.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:34 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Once class is over girls rush to their cars or leave quickly. They don't want to be talked too.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
This is for some people, depending on who they are, but that is besides the point. I'll talk to more people, but it may be uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships