Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,560,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
A guy I really liked gave me a ride home.

And that was IT.

Just a ride.

He didn't ask me for my number or anything afterwards.

I'm about to have a breakdown right now.

Maybe he doesn't like my personality.

Redberry Rose, meet WestPhillyDude 75.
WestPhillyDude75, meet Redberry Rose.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 PM

17,326 posts, read 22,081,380 times
Quote:
like what signals do I need to send?

Offer a "roadie" in appreciation for the ride?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 PM

17,326 posts, read 22,081,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
Maybe he's just not that into you.

Maybe he's in a relationship.

Maybe he's shy. (it happens)

Maybe he views you as a simply as a casual friend.

Maybe any of dozens of other reasons.

There is not a man (or woman) on earth worth getting this worked up about. The fact that you are coming across so desperate will definitely chase him away.

Maybe he is gay!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM

521 posts, read 763,205 times
He seemed happy to give me a ride home but I'm thinking somewhere midstream things went wrong. I probably said something REALLY dumb in the car that turned him off. I am not going to be able to sleep tonight. what if I see him tomorrow and he doesn't give me a ride home?? I dont know what to do. Its not everyday I meet a guy that I really really like

Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 PM

469 posts, read 567,291 times
Quote:
He seemed happy to give me a ride home but I'm thinking somewhere midstream things went wrong. I probably said something REALLY dumb in the car that turned him off. I am not going to be able to sleep tonight. what if I see him tomorrow and he doesn't give me a ride home?? I dont know what to do. Its not everyday I meet a guy that I really really like
Ask him to give you a ride home and see if he can come inside? Talk to him. Find out if he's got a girl etc. If not, make some sort of obvious sign to make it seem you're interested. I remember my previous ex grabbed my hand while driving and held it, which gave me an obvious sign

Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 AM

23 posts, read 32,997 times
I am pretty confused. It sounds like you see him often (do you work together) so quite honestly there would have been no reason for him to ask for your phone number since he knows you are going to see each other again. You seem to think that being given a ride obligates a number exchange.
Just relax. It might turn into a natural thing where he starts to give you rides and eventually you guys take it further. Plenty of romances start off low key and a few weeks later the guy ends up asking for a number or a date.
However, the quickest way to discourage him from giving you a ride again would be for him to discover that you assumed this mean he immidiately wanted to jump your pants.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Maybe he was nervous?

OP? Are you serious?

Child.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:27 AM

262 posts, read 607,264 times
Quote:
That is a kiss of death.

I've done that before and it didn't work out. It's best that he asks me for MY number. but I have a feeling he wont. I just hate that I have a crush on this guy. It's driving me crazy
lol I can't tell whether or not this is a troll thread.

If you're being serious; how does that make any sense? Something didn't work once, therefore it follows that it must never work.

As a women you don't really have to be forward, since guys are usually the ones that stick their necks on the line and ask you out. However, if you're dead set on one particular guy, and that guy happens not to be forward, well then you'll have to take the risk....either that, or move on.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,452,629 times
Quote:
I hope he runs like hell if this is truly who you are.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8train View Post
lol I can't tell whether or not this is a troll thread.

If you're being serious; how does that make any sense? Something didn't work once, therefore it follows that it must never work.

As a women you don't really have to be forward, since guys are usually the ones that stick their necks on the line and ask you out. However, if you're dead set on one particular guy, and that guy happens not to be forward, well then you'll have to take the risk....either that, or move on.
I think all of her threads are troll threads. Goating us along while giggling behind her keyboard. I can't believe someone can really function like this.

OP you should bring up your intimacy issues with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships