Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:48 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
I simply want her to know that the words/actions of those people do not represent my true character in any way shape or form.

Aside from the fact that someone else' action cannot reflect on your character, did your mother never explain to you that you don't always get what you want?

Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Aside from the fact that someone else' action cannot reflect on your character, did your mother never explain to you that you don't always get what you want?
My mother is sympathetic. A trait many here are lacking.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
My mother is sympathetic. A trait many here are lacking.
So the answer is no. No one is unsympathetic to you. Or... ok few. The truth is that sympathy is not always what is necessary.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
sometimes strength of character is knowing when to quit-
know when to fold them, know when to walk away and know when to run...

Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
I see your point here. Thank you for posting.

As I mentioned before, I have discussed this with my Mom. She suggested that perhaps I wait until the end of the year. This seems the wisest thing to do given the fact, that it could cause a disturbance during the school year.

I will take your advice; I will wait until after graduation to give her the letter. Thank you again for posting.

I would still appreciate suggestions regarding the letter, as I continue to plan it's format.
She could also use it as evidence after high school...how is that going to make a difference? It's stalking evidence, particularly if, after the letter, you get no response and then try to contact her to make sure she got the letter...then try to contact her to find out if she got your message, etc., etc., ad nauseum...which you are bound to do.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:06 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
The truth is that sympathy is not always what is necessary.
Yes, exactly. Sympathy is not what he needs. He needs firm guidance and in all seriousness medication. Speak to your mother about this please, not about the girl, but that you need to see a psychiatrist who can help you with a very serious mental illness that I think you might have. Even for a high school student this is not normal; this is a stalker obsession. I am not trying to be mean, I am actually giving you the very best advise that I can and I will be praying for you. Honey, you need help and you need it fast – you are mentally ill and there is no shame in it, it can be easily fixed with medications.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And you can't simply tell her this in person because?
Not being mean here, just honest: I think he doesn't want to tell her in person because she is so nervous around him that she might scream at him to go away & embarrass him, OR because he would have to hear it face-to-face then, and he does NOT want this to be final.

He wants to use a method of communication that can either be misunderstood or "requires" (in his mind) some sort of follow-up, so that he won't have to stop contacting her yet.

I think this is his method of "legitimately" (in his mind) staying in contact her without her calling the police.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
So the answer is no. No one is unsympathetic to you. Or... ok few. The truth is that sympathy is not always what is necessary.
Yes, and in this case, it would be sympathy for someone displaying stalking behavior. I do not believe that stalking behavior -- which hurts both of them and could grow in intensity and danger -- should EVER be condoned, not even in a gambit to appear sympathetic.

We're going to read about this guy in the paper some day unless he shapes up and faces reality. Some sympathy *toward the girl* is warranted here. Can you imagine what her high school experience has been like with this guy staring at her constantly in a creepy way, scaring her, stalking her for three years, basically, and his friends going up to her again and again to bring his name up yet again just when she thought she could relax and take a breath? She is probably scared out of her wits. Poor girl.

What if this were happening to your child? (The generic "you," not the poster I quoted.)

Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,220 times
Quote:
OP this makes me think. Is there a trusted adult you can talk to about this? A guidance counselor? Someone you respect who, when they tell you that maybe you are touch out of your tree, you might listen?
Many CD posters have suggested that I seek someone to speak with in person. My mother has known about this for some time, and has been most helpful.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
I appreciate the responses so far.

Best,
J
Jay, I think the best idea is to write the letter, but then burn it or tear it up.

This can actually be a very healthy exercise for you

Put everything you need to put into it to pour your feelings out about the situation, then let it all go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships