Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,523,832 times

Advertisements

The real problem is this thread hasn't been locked yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 AM

338 posts, read 741,785 times
I guess I won't grow anymore.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 AM

469 posts, read 567,074 times
A majority of my friends like taller guys for some reason they like looking up my perfect man is 5'9 (I'm 5'3") tan skin, green eyes , black hair , athletic build. My sisters man is 6 foot (she's 4'11") strawberry blonde, pale skin, brown eyes, big build. My oldest daughters "next ex boyfriend" has Black hair , darkest brown eyes, super tan, 5'6", ( she's 5'9 and loves hills), slim build. My youngest daughter likes larger build geeky guys. My point is we are all related and brought up in the same fashion yet our choices of mates vary. Not everyone is the same and sure you'll run into women that won't date you because of all reasons including your height. My motto is " do the best you can with what you've got." Example if you drive a 1980 Honda Accord give the old thing a nice paint job, some rims, a awesome sound system, a turbo motor, and make sure the interior is in good shape, just because it's not everyones dream car doesn't mean it can't be kept up to attract attention.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,124 times
As a tall person, I've never had any women tell me they want a relationship with me because I am tall. I'd say height is of no importance. Personality matters more.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 AM

80 posts, read 219,002 times
Being brutally honest about it....women like tall men. It's def. not a deal breaker or anything and since there is nothing you can do about it I wouldn't worry about it and just play up your positives. But for the love of god do not be one of those short guys that has a huge attitude like they're overcompensating. Big turn off.

There're gonna be women like me who are tallish (5'8") and because we grew up with tall men in the family that's the norm for us. The men in my fam. are all between 6'2" and 6'5". It's hard for me not to be disappointed with a guy who's under 6'. But like I said, it's not everything. play up the positives about yourself. Don't underestimate personality. I've dated men that are a bit short for my taste because of other assets that they had.

You might keep growing though. I'm 26 and just grew half an inch. Just worry about the things you can control though or your life will be one major headache.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:06 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,164,328 times
Date Asians.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:10 PM

39,257 posts, read 27,661,377 times
i am 5'7" myself and all my male family members are tall. I definitely prefer tall men. It is what it is.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 PM

338 posts, read 741,785 times
Again, I ask, I heard some guys can continue growing until 22-24.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM

378 posts, read 1,207,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
But I'm pretty sure I'm shorter than 90% of people my age.

I might as well kill myself, because I'll never get married or a girlfriend.
That attitude sure as heck won't get you one. My BF is about my height, which is 5'4", he might even be a bit shorter. Doesn't bother me a bit... I love his personality and looks, and he works out and is really strong and built. I'm one of the weird women that doesn't like tall guys, its not too common but I hate someone towering over me... goes back to a bad childhood I guess! Never dated anyone taller that 5'11 and most were quite a bit shorter. Height is one thing you can't do anything about; just make the most of what you have.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
But women like tall guys because he can protect her/their children from harm.
Women like tall men, but not because of their height but because of the way they feel around tall men. Safe, secure and protected for the most part. If a shorter man knows how to make women feel the same way around him, he will have as much success as taller guys. One thing I DO know for a fact that women avoid like a plague, is short guys who blame their height for lack of success in dating and let it impact their lives and their level of self-confidence and self-esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships