Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM

126 posts, read 329,326 times

Advertisements

I'm American, she's Vietnamese. She's been here 3 years. I'm 30, she's 25 but she has the relationship experience of an 18 yr old. We've been dating a year. She says she's bored with the relationship and says she's not sure what she's doing. Before that I've been acting too needy, too available, and very generous in bed so I've been asking for this I suppose. I've also made her really hurt/mad by not wanting to do high trust things like co-sign on a car loan with her which I'm sure everyone else but her would think that is perfectly reasonable to not want to do.

She tried the whole, "I need a break" thing but called me the next night. I didn't answer, it pissed her off, she texted 30 mins later and I eventually responded to that.

Anyway, I need to figure out how to reverse the tide. I need to know all of the bullsh1t things people do to generate attraction/play hard-to-get like waiting till the last minute to answer calls, not answering texts right away, never texting more than twice before a response, all that silly, childish junk. I need a long list. There are also stronger things like being seen with another girl that may help. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Culture clash, American game playing ain't going to cut it.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM

I think it might. A lot of the stuff works universally on everyone. It's worth a shot. I just need more detailed ideas.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM

192 posts, read 381,931 times
well why would you want to stay with her?

there is no possible way you guys will last in the end, she's already showing you right now that she's flawed and that she will do whatever it takes to get what she wants.. breaking up with you etc. to get more power

I suggest you move on, it's a waste of energy

Old 04-08-2013, 02:43 PM

Well I'll move on if the opportunity arises but until it does, if it does, I prefer to work with what I have. What are some detailed ways to be the opposite of needy?

Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
If you insist on proceeding I suggest you go to Vietnam and see if you can locate a land mi..............I mean study the culture.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,251,947 times
She sounds a little immature and needy herself (since she asked you to consign on a loan).

In what ways do you think you are being needy? If she isn't happy about the car thing and you still are paying attention to her she might be annoyed by that and tells you you are needy.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 PM

192 posts, read 381,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John12341234 View Post
Well I'll move on if the opportunity arises but until it does, if it does, I prefer to work with what I have. What are some detailed ways to be the opposite of needy?
the opportunities won't arise tho, because you know you'll have sex waiting for you at home..... if you're going to wait for that hot girl to walk up to you one day and ask you out, you're gonna be waiting for a while my friend

well, the opposite of being needy is quite simple: just ignore her texts, just simply ignore her texts regularly, don't pick up calls... act like you're busy

but the thing is man.. why would you want to invest energy in these stupid games? just try and look for a girl that doesn't feel the need to do stupid **** like that... it's so pointless and you can never ever win

it's like me and my ex, by now we could perfectly be great friends... but because she makes a principle to stick to her pride she refuses to contact me first... and I said to myself "this time I'm not going to cave first" so as a result we never spoke again after the break-up talk... and u know what? maybe that's for the best, cuz life is too damn short to invest energy in people with idiotic pride like that

Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM

I could get into all of that but I don't want to get side-tracked. I just want to know some techniques that build attraction in situations like this.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:57 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Get an older gf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships