Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 09:20 AM

362 posts, read 560,031 times

Advertisements

So me and my BF have been dating now for 6 months. Great guy except for some drama over an ex-girlfriend that's been stalking him. She tried to get him to leave me and take back up with her, and when that didn't work, she called and left some nasty voicemails on my cell phone, in a desperate attempt to break is up.

Me being the super awesome person I am.... Her efforts were unsuccessful. Now, I still have those voicemails, and I am contemplating what, if anything, I should do with them. She is an educator that teaches at the same high school as my BF, and where my daughter attends school. The only way she could have gotten my cell phone number was to access a secure school database, so I'm sure she has violated some professional standards. My BF told me it was my decision whether I should report her behavior to school administrators, and I just haven't been able to make up my mind. In the meantime, so many scenarios of what I could do keep running through my head.

My questions for you is this.
1. What would you do if you planned to stay in the relationship?
2. Is that different from what you would have done if the relationship had ended?

Last edited by FLgirl727; 04-12-2013 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
I wouldn't be so sure that you can assume she did it through school. Change your cell phone number, and then see what happens?

My myself I probably, for the sake of my kid would give consideration if that is the best situation for her to be at a school where your boyfriend and his ex teach, and there is drama.

And honestly, if you have a kid at this school, do you really want to get them involved in the drama of your love life.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:29 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Nothing.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I don't think it is right what this person did.

But have a little mercy, she has a broken heart. She might calm down soon and get over it.

I would keep the voicemails for now. Just in case it gets worse.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
I agree with the prior posts, I don't think you should do anything. It is highly possible she got your cell number from someplace else, especially if you use social media at all. If she really is stalking him, why hasn't he contacted local law enforcement? Or are you using the term "stalker" very loosely?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure that you can assume she did it through school. Change your cell phone number, and then see what happens?

My myself I probably, for the sake of my kid would give consideration if that is the best situation for her to be at a school where your boyfriend and his ex teach, and there is drama.

And honestly, if you have a kid at this school, do you really want to get them involved in the drama of your love life.
Thanks, safety is always a concern of mine, but my daughter will be graduating in 2 months, and she never has any interaction with the teacher. If there was ever any incident involving her.... My reaction would not involve school admin. :-)

Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
I really don't think you should do anything either. Unless this is a common occurrence, I would just delete the VM (or save it, whatever) and move on with your life.

Are you sure your boyfriend is truly distancing himself, aside from unavoidable professional situations? Sometimes one party of the ex relationship is over it, and the other isn't. Maybe his talking to her as a friend could trigger some hope in her. If you trust that this isn't the case, just give it some more time.

It's tricky because you don't know how it could come back to bite him if you reported it to the school. If she is truly "stalking" him or you, you'd need to take that up with the police. She just sounds like a bitter ex. Ignore her and she'll probably eventually fade out, unless she's a real nutcase.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
Thanks, safety is always a concern of mine, but my daughter will be graduating in 2 months, and she never has any interaction with the teacher. If there was ever any incident involving her.... My reaction would not involve school admin. :-)
You sound slightly crazy too. It sounds like your bf has a certain type that he really likes.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I agree with the prior posts, I don't think you should do anything. It is highly possible she got your cell number from someplace else, especially if you use social media at all. If she really is stalking him, why hasn't he contacted local law enforcement? Or are you using the term "stalker" very loosely?
She texts him, sends emails, and calls him. He already changed his number but she of course got the new one the school database. She shows up at his apartment, and when at my place, she drives by and yells nasty things to him. The way I see it, he is more the target than me or my daughter. Which is another reason that arming educators might not be the best idea.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You sound slightly crazy too. It sounds like your bf has a certain type that he really likes.
If crazy means preventing harm to myself and family, then guilty as charged. Don't forget, Florida is a Stand your ground state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships