Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,795 times

Advertisements

I'm 5'7". Not super short, but definetly below the male average. I weigh a buck sixty with an athletic build. I do very well with women and have often been told that I am the smallest dude they've been with lol, but there was just something about me. I often hang with women as tall or a little taller than me. Obviously I like shorter women, but tall ones are beautiful too.

The point that I am making here, after my own experiences with women and lots of research, is that height is an overrated attribute in men. I'm not saying it's not attractive, because I know it is. But don't fret my fellow short men. Charisma, charm, attitude, and status / value is what attracts women, not just height. Disagree? Elaborate.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Don't tell this to some of these women who cling to height as being the direct cut off to dating.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Does that charm and charisma include making up some new username to troll forums and talk about how fat women are causing the marriage rate to decline?

If so, I can just imagine what quality of women you're attracting.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Does that charm and charisma include making up some new username to troll forums and talk about how fat women are causing the marriage rate to decline?

If so, I can just imagine what quality of women you're attracting.
Are you fat? Did I offend you? It was a simple question. Please stay on thread.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Don't tell this to some of these women who cling to height as being the direct cut off to dating.
Yep. Until they meet a short guy they just can't figure out, that doesn't fawn all over them, and sparks this attraction they can't resist. It's all talk.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Are you fat? Did I offend you? It was a simple question. Please stay on thread.
I wonder who this really is? To answer your question: most men who complain about being too short are shorter than you are, in my experience.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I wonder who this really is? To answer your question: most men who complain about being too short are shorter than you are, in my experience.
I think that my height, or slightly shorter, may be threshold? Who knows, but it has not been an issue for me, which was my point.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
I think online its much harder for short men because men are put into checklists and women can just say no to a number thats under ideal where in the real world if she meets a guy she clicks and is attracted to she may not be as strict and give a guy a chance she might not have if he was just a number online..

I do think height is a big part of attraction for women you can tell by all these forums around the net where 95% of the women say they prefer tall men.. its not the end all be all but short men have to make up for it in some way because 99% of women will not be that attracted at first site to a guy under say 5'9

Old 04-19-2013, 02:52 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
I'm 5'7". Not super short, but definetly below the male average. I weigh a buck sixty with an athletic build. I do very well with women and have often been told that I am the smallest dude they've been with lol, but there was just something about me. I often hang with women as tall or a little taller than me. Obviously I like shorter women, but tall ones are beautiful too.

The point that I am making here, after my own experiences with women and lots of research, is that height is an overrated attribute in men. I'm not saying it's not attractive, because I know it is. But don't fret my fellow short men. Charisma, charm, attitude, and status / value is what attracts women, not just height. Disagree? Elaborate.

Listen to this!!!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:54 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:

Very true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.