Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:26 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Here we go again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I worked in a Steakhouse in college and I always left smelling like smoke and fried food. Yuck. But I don't think that really impacted getting hit on or not hit on.
I worked at McDonald's when I was in my twenties and the smell of fast food would often linger on me for days! It was horrible!

Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I worked at McDonald's when I was in my twenties and the smell of fast food would often linger on me for days! It was horrible!

yummmm sup baby

Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
yummmm sup baby
LOL. Huh?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
LOL. Huh?
Burgler is one of the more suave and sophisticated ladies men on these forums.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,980 times
I think there is some truth to the initial question.

When I go out to the bar or club, if I see a group of attractive women or atleast one in a group they are often left alone unless they know other people. In fact, highly attractive women for some reason seem more likley to be single than others. However, I'm not really so much surprised since in a bar or other public environment there seems to be more staring and less approaching.

For some reason, women who are deemed less attractive or unfit by a good percentage of men seem to be hit on by men that a 9 or 10, or even an 8 for that matter would not touch with a 6 ft. pole.

Trust me, many women almost never get hit on. Often the only ones doing the "hitting" or "flirting" are the bums and creeps that give a bad stigma to every other respectable guy.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM

836 posts, read 1,119,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCelestina View Post
I've known a lot of "beautiful women" who haven't gotten hit on, and some of the guys who were friends of friends just thought they were already with someone. You know, the whole "she's got to be somebody's baby" thing. Didn't help that a friend was wearing a ring on her ring finger either, though more of a fashion statement than anything. Some women (like myself) just do not want that attention, but if a woman wants some of that sort of attention, playful flirting from afar will tell men that they are available and more approachable. I've heard that being turned down by beautiful women hurts a lot more than by, um, less beautiful women.

Uh? It's gotta really hurt to be rejected by a bugly girl because you ain't good enough to even get that

A pretty girl? Well men would be prepared for a no from her. "Just checkin"

Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Of course beautiful women get hit on.

But honestly? I think slightly-above-average women get hit on more. My theory is that some noticeable imperfection in an otherwise stunning woman makes her more approachable to men, like she seems more human, down-to-earth, unpretentious, etc. Not that such women automatically are that way--there are some who are full of themselves, just like there are gorgeous women who are shy or unpretentious--but that imperfection makes them seem that way.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
A recycling yard?! pfft!

Be around my feet on a bad day and you'll go crawling back to the recycling factory.

(My feet can get horrible)

But either way, a recycling yard is brutal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've smelled some gnarly feet in my day. Fortunately, my feet aren't that bad.

There was also the surrounding factories, a meat factory (J.T.M) that made meat products that are really popular, but were very hit-and-miss in terms of how they smelled, the sewage plant that was right across the street, and a turkey farm as our neighbors!

On certain days, these smells would magically come together to make one of the raunchiest, most unique odors I've ever smelled, which also combined with the smells of the yard!

Oh, dear.

I once worked in a cosmetics factory. You'd think that would mean coming out smelling like perfume, but it often meant smelling like wax (lipstick), peanuts (for some reason fresh mascara smells like Goobers candy), or rubbing alcohol (alcohol in fragrances). Depending on what we were packaging that day, I'd also sparkle more than Edward Cullen because of all the loose shimmer, eye shadow powder, and bronzer in the air. Nothing like blowing your nose and seeing a rainbow on the tissue. Maybe it's not putrid, but it is overpowering.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:05 PM

From what I've seen, it seems as though the somewhat-beautiful women tend to get hit on more than the absolute beautiful women, perhaps because the latter is perceived as being in this 'untouchable' category by most average men, so they don't even bother. Average women like myself tend to get hit on more than the two groups I just mentioned because (I think) we seem more down-to-earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships