Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Don't know if you are joking but....

Many guys will see she is willing to go out with that "average" guy then they may think they shouldn't have a problem going out with her too. IMO. That's all.

I believe there is some truth to this. When people see that certain people (like very good looking people) are approachable, even nice and might not just care about looks themselves (as in dating someone average) that definately registers with people. It makes them think, hmm, if she'd go out with him (and he might be just average) then who is to say that I don't have a chance..

The truth is, we never know til we try. People might think someone is out of there league, but attraction is subjective. You might not look to most people like a good looking person, but all you have to be attractive is to that one particular person...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 10:17 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:

Guys are probably hitting on you and the hints are flying right over your head.
Or even more so, the guys that hit on her are guys she's not attracted to so they don't count.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
No, I do not believe that. Not at all.

Examples:

In the 90's I was in a bar with my gf's (who were all beautiful and being hit on) and then one of the most beautiful women in the world (IMO) walked in - Cindy Crawford. Plenty of the confident guys started hitting on her, until word got around that she was dating Richard Gere..

One of my guy friends once brought a gorgeous date to an event who happened to be that month's Playboy playmate (had a 6 page spread in the magazine) and was up for playmate of the year. I still have no idea how he got that date. When he was getting drinks, the other guys were all over her...

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 04-23-2013 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Added examples

Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Awww.

Actually, men are quite simple.

Beer, sports and tatas.

Now I'm joking. Hahaha.

Having troubles in dating? Guys that I know are quite open to females asking them out. Being blunt is the best way to get a guys attention. Don't beat around the bush with signs and hints. Just walk up and say, "I could see myself dating you if you asked me out."
I am not dating at all right now but I may start soon. Men are still confusing creatures though. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I believe there is some truth to this. When people see that certain people (like very good looking people) are approachable, even nice and might not just care about looks themselves (as in dating someone average) that definately registers with people. It makes them think, hmm, if she'd go out with him (and he might be just average) then who is to say that I don't have a chance..

The truth is, we never know til we try. People might think someone is out of there league, but attraction is subjective. You might not look to most people like a good looking person, but all you have to be attractive is to that one particular person...
Yes, I can see how this is true.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 AM

864 posts, read 1,455,381 times
I have no idea if guys find me "beautiful" (previous boyfriends have, but then again, I would hope so, lol), but I don't get hit on. I do however get stared at, which is VERY unnerving.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:01 AM

297 posts, read 502,853 times
I think beautiful women and hot women get hit on A LOT with or without attitude. I don't think most guys think about is as much as women. They see a hot girl, they try to get close or talk to her.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 AM

530 posts, read 1,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
No, I do not believe that. Not at all.

Examples:

In the 90's I was in a bar with my gf's (who were all beautiful and being hit on) and then one of the most beautiful women in the world (IMO) walked in - Cindy Crawford. Plenty of the confident guys started hitting on her, until word got around that she was dating Richard Gere..

One of my guy friends once brought a gorgeous date to an event who happened to be that month's Playboy playmate (had a 6 page spread in the magazine) and was up for playmate of the year. I still have no idea how he got that date. When he was getting drinks, the other guys were all over her...
Tell me how gorgeous Cindy Crawford looked in person

Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Attractive people, man or woman, get hit on typically if they are attractive enough. And not only that, but women absolutely hit on men all the time. The guys that are attractive enough that is.

That doesn't necessarily mean that if you are not getting attention from interested people that you are not attractive (or even unattractive).
BUT, extremely attractive people get attention frequently. Whether it is at the bar, at the dance club, at the grocery store, at the dog park, at the beach..... you get the idea (everywhere). Especially in urban environments.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:45 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Attractive people, man or woman, get hit on typically if they are attractive enough. And not only that, but women absolutely hit on men all the time. The guys that are attractive enough that is.

That doesn't necessarily mean that if you are not getting attention from interested people that you are not attractive (or even unattractive).
BUT, extremely attractive people get attention frequently. Whether it is at the bar, at the dance club, at the grocery store, at the dog park, at the beach..... you get the idea (everywhere). Especially in urban environments.
That attraction is not always a good thing, especially in said urban areas. Here in SF women always have to have their shields up because of all the homeless people and creepers hitting on them.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:49 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
Tell me how gorgeous Cindy Crawford looked in person
She was unbelievable. Maybe the most beautiful woman I have seen in person. I was in the ladies room with my friends (touching up our makeup) and she came up to the sink and said hello to us. She told my friend she liked her shoes. The thing I remember is that she didn't even glance at herself in the mirror. She had no need to check herself out - she already knew she looked perfect.

There were enough guys in the bar who were confident (ballsy) enough to hit on Cindy Crawford, which is why I do not agree with the premise of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships