Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM

426 posts, read 558,982 times

Advertisements

thats why u dont drink at company functions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Sure drunk people lie all the time. Generally as transparent attempts to manipulate, IME.

As for drunk people saying they love everyone, I think it's a mix. Sometimes that is really what they are feeling, other times it's manipulation: 'I love you so much... won't you give me your porsche?'

But why would he lie about cheating on her? Was he trying to manipulate her into something? Like what?

I suppose maybe if he was trying to tell her how he was so sexy and all the girls want him and she should thank her lucky stars she is with him... in which case that kinda backfired :/.
Yeah exactly!

The only thing I can think of as a possibility that he didn't cheat is that he was joking around/trying to get a rise out of her but in his super drunken stupor it fell completely flat and came off as a serious moment when he was just saying something stupid to get a rise out of her.

It depends on the tone I guess. Was he getting emotional when he apologized?

Still, I've seen many drunken, blacked out people and I've heard them say some stupid crap but I've never heard one make up a lie about cheating.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:04 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandhurting View Post
I feel sick to my stomach. His friends and cousin took my bf to my house and explained how he is totally wasted (apparently he drank too much to the point of blacking out). Anyway later on, in his overly drunken state of mind, he told me about cheating a couple months ago and kept saying ''Yes, I cheated on you, I wanted to tell you, I'm sorry''.

The following day, he looked surprised upon waking up in my house and didn't know what was wrong with me. I told him ''Don't you remember what you told me last night'' and he replied ''No, what happened, what I'm I doing here''?

I explained it all to him and he denies ever cheating on me. If this happened to you, would you believe that? What he told me while drunk seemed real to me.
Assuming he wasn't confusing you for an ex in his drunken state.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
She meant nothing.

She wasn't even pretty..I thought she was but I was drink.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:21 PM

377 posts, read 533,102 times
Ok even if the guy was drunk and told a lie, do you really want to stay with someone that lame? That is socially impaired behavior, and I'd only stay, to hear the next lame story he tells when he is drunk. Men and women will tell their darkest and deepest secrets when impaired, hate to agree with many here, and say, he probably did what he said. If he didn't he is a top ten idiot of the town....so who would you like to call your boyfriend? The cheater, or the idiot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships