Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But race/ethnicity wasn't relevant to your OP.

My troll-o-meter is pointing towards the yellow zone with this thread
Mine too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
One of my friends is married to a man who is 30 years older than her. He looks a lot younger and is quite energetic. They've been married for 10 years now and are like best friends. The age gap bothers her sometimes though, but that's mostly because she feels like she's missed out on something.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrolatina26 View Post
OK, I been single for 4 years, I been focused on my daughter, parents, myself, and work...I'm very busy with my life, taking care of things that I should. I forgotten about dating, going out, hang out etc., I'm just busy I met the guy cause he's my client nd we always were very comfortable around each other, he jokes a lot, he remembers everything I tell him, and one thing I really love about him is that he's so close to his family, I love that. He's smart, classy, open minded, San outspoken. I always preferred older guys, because I am an old soul, we both enjoy massages, travelling, cultures, music specially opera, we like to cook dinner while we listen to music, we enjoy nature, we are very compassionate, sexual chemistry is amazing, I feel like I'm falling for him & I'm scared of what will happen. Reasons why? When people see a younger girl with an older guy everybody will assume is money, or because I'm am looking for a father figure but is not the case, I just weird I wasn't interested in dating I met him, and couldn't stop thinking about him, I'm so liking him, I kissed him first nd I never behaved this way...isn't money I know cause I get always admired by wealthy men nd money isn't my goal, also I have a great father , great family relationship on the reasons is because my maturity level...I'm confused please tell me what is that, I'm so confused, I cut stop talking to him....
He's 64?!

Idk.... That is pretty old for you.

Normally I would think...who cares what others think. Well, I still think that but he may not be around that long and you may just get your heart broken.

Then again... He could live to be 100! Who knows.

I am at a loss here. I don't think ethnic background should be in the equation.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 PM

15 posts, read 14,499 times
What's yellow zone mean? Sorry not from here

Old 05-05-2013, 08:40 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
All I can say is that while there are plenty of successful relationships with a large age difference, I am extremely wary of the long-term issues. I would date - and have dated - much younger women (almost as large an age difference as OP), but would not consider a long-term relationship because of those issues. It doesn't seem fair to her that she'd be - eventually, very probably - stuck with taking care of someone with health issues, etc., where a relationship of equals starts falling apart. And it wouldn't be fair to me to be dumped because of it. Too much potential for a lose-lose scenario, and not enough for win-win, IMO.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
"I'm 30 beautiful afrolatina , dating a 64 gorgeous Caucasian man"

Conceited much?

Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
What's yellow zone mean? Sorry not from here
Yellow = caution.

You're new here and started a post which is a bit controversial. Sometimes people come here and start a topic with their first post and they are never to be heard from again. Sometimes fake stories are posted. I have called out a few but I do not think you are one of them. Thanks for posting for what looks to me to be a genuine public profile. That tells me a lot.

My take is since this man is no longer a client you should be free to pursue whatever you want. It's a fact that most relationships do not last, and that goes the same if you were going out with someone your own age.

That said I say go for it. He could give you the best years of your life should you all happen to get past dating. Give it a shot. If the age difference proves a difficult issue for you all to overcome you don't have to stay together, and it may not get past just dating. Life is short so do what makes you happy.

Welcome to the board and I hope to hear more from you.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:42 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
OK, I been single for 4 years, I been focused on my daughter, parents, myself, and work...I'm very busy with my life, taking care of things that I should. I forgotten about dating, going out, hang out etc., I'm just busy I met the guy cause he's my client nd we always were very comfortable around each other, he jokes a lot, he remembers everything I tell him, and one thing I really love about him is that he's so close to his family, I love that. He's smart, classy, open minded, San outspoken. I always preferred older guys, because I am an old soul, we both enjoy massages, travelling, cultures, music specially opera, we like to cook dinner while we listen to music, we enjoy nature, we are very compassionate, sexual chemistry is amazing, I feel like I'm falling for him & I'm scared of what will happen. Reasons why? When people see a younger girl with an older guy everybody will assume is money, or because I'm am looking for a father figure but is not the case, I just weird I wasn't interested in dating I met him, and couldn't stop thinking about him, I'm so liking him, I kissed him first nd I never behaved this way...isn't money I know cause I get always admired by wealthy men nd money isn't my goal, also I have a great father , great family relationship on the reasons is because my maturity level...I'm confused please tell me what is that, I'm so confused, I cut stop talking to him....
Nice!

Old 05-05-2013, 09:48 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Yellow = caution.

Welcome to the board and I hope to hear more from you.
John, we all do.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:56 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
John, we all do.
I actually edited that because reading some of these responses I do not think "all" is true. At first I said that too. Then I took it back.

She sounds like a nice lady to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships