Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 01:12 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times

Advertisements

I would assume if you just met a woman and were casually dating without a real committment that you could become involved with a man during that time. Don't you think the woman would want to know if you were sleeping with a man/men? I don't think it is right for a bisexual person (man or woman) to keep that from a new person they are dating. Yes, they may decide they are no longer interested in continuing with you, but that is their choice. If I were bisexual I wouldn't want to be involved with someone that would break up with me if they knew about my sexuality, I would want someone that was open to it.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Getting dumped is getting dumped.

[who cares for who or for what you were dumped?]
I guess comments are comments. Context doesn't matter. That world sounds interesting.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:09 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Here's an odd fact: lets say a woman you had sex with goes to donate blood at the local blood drive. They will not accept her blood if she admits to having slept with a bisexual man in the past few years.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Sounds like someone who is married trying to trick someone into dating with them by being less than honest, or someone with herpes or hiv failing to mention that important detail. It's just about trying to have a relationship that's based on a lie. If some woman doesn't want to date men who have sex with other men, then she isn't really right for you -- why would you have to trick her into a relationship?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:57 AM

516 posts, read 1,617,136 times
The women are probably concerned that you might be a relationship flight risk.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:53 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.
I am sorry that you have to go through this. The "mixed signal" people sent out must be very confusing at time. I can understand people's behaviors cause confusion. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do.

However, your experience and expectation is just another sad example that political correctness has gone too Far. Speaking and acting in a considerate manner to others is expected, but only to a point. After a while, political correctness becomes detrimental. Today, it no longer works with the diversity of our culture but against it.

Political correctness has begun to invade our private lives. I can give you thousands of examples. I've been approached by a lesbian when I was in college. After being rejected by me, she said, "If you truly support gay / lesbian rights and marriages, you should give lesbian woman a chance of dating her. After all, you might be just another homophobic." No, just because I am supportive of gay/lesbian rights, it does not mean I am going to turn myself into a muff diver anytime soon. I simply don't find women to be sexually attractive.

Common courtesy and accommodation are honorable qualities. I also made up my own mind and accept the responsibility to choose for myself. I am not going to date a bisexual man simply because I won't date a bisexual man. and I can care less who feels offended.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:37 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Why would any woman want to be with a bisexual man? Still, it's pretty cowardly to hide this very relevant fact to potential dating partners. I always wondered why you folks are too scared to reveal who you really are.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM

315 posts, read 383,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.
Deciding to deliberately be dishonest by hiding your bisexuality from unsuspecting women you're dating is proof that "being true to oneself' parroted by lgbt community is based on lies, and therefore should never be trusted as genuine. If you chose not to disclose pertinent info about being bisexual based out of fear, then you're a gutless coward. Keep trying to justify hiding "being yourself" in order to avoid rejection all you like, but doing so is indicative of integrity issues. I feel sorry for your next victim unfortunate enough to be involved with you.

Last edited by freespiritbty; 05-12-2013 at 10:44 PM..

Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Bisexual men tend to end up with men, not women, so that right there is going to give some women pause. I'm a staunch supporter of GLBT rights, myself. That doesn't mean I want to date a bi guy. It just means I think he should have the same legal rights as hetero males and not be discriminated against or hated for his sexuality.

Also, I think lying about your sexuality in order to deceive women into dating you is reprehensible. Shame on you.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Bisexual men tend to end up with men, not women
What the heck? I can only think of one bi guy I ever met who ended up with a man. All the rest are with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.