Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM

31,051 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
You probably need to date on bisexual girls then..
And most of them are not ok with bi-sexual men either

Old 05-14-2013, 11:39 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.
There is no question that in the minds of many people, male and female, male bisexuality violates some unspoken Law of Manhood that female bisexuality doesn't. A lot of prejudice still exists against bisexual men, even among seemingly "progressive" women.

That said, bisexuals have largely failed to challenge the prejudice against them by refusing to come out. Unlike gays and lesbians, who have to come out in order to live normal lives, bisexuals have the option of passing themselves off as straight to the outside world, and many choose to remain closeted.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
The answers in this thread are a reason why bisexual men lie. If you're gonna cheat with someone else, woman or man, you're not going to tell someone 'just to let you know, I may cheat on you'. Being true to your partner is the same whether you're bi or straight, so I don't see why your sexuality would be a problem if you're exclusive and don't have an STD. I think the real reason is that a lot of women still don't accept bi guys as real, or they think they're more promiscuous. How many women rejected men who have had anal sex with other women in the past?

I personally am not bi so it doesn't affect me, and I respect that 'preference'. But bi women do won't date bi men are mainly just hypocrites, unless they have a really good reason. I wouldn't want to date a bi women who wouldn't date a bi man.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:48 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Because some women just don't want to date bi guys. And not to be offensive but we all know really why they don't .

Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.
Usually the people who claim to be the most open minded(I.e. liberals) are usually the biggest hypocrites, biggest racist there are. Just read some of the comments on here, oh we love gays/bi people blah, blah, blah, but then they turn around and state their disdain for bi men.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:26 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I am a bisexual man, but when it comes to dating women I no longer mention anything about it
Good move.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good move.
Why should he have to tell them?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
I am a bisexual man, but when it comes to dating women I no longer mention anything about it

nor should you

Old 05-15-2013, 07:13 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
No decent intelligent woman would consider dating a so-called "bi-sexual" male. In my opinion you might just be a common hedonist who can get pleasure from either sex. Some males have no problem getting oral sex or sex from a woman OR a male. Usually so-called bi-sexual males are self serving pleasure seekers. You probably have nothing of substance to offer a serious woman.

If I were a woman and was dating a so-called bi-sexual...it would be disturbing to know that the penis entering my body had the night before been in an anus. Why would a woman with a healthy brain tolerate such a person. I suggest that you make up your mind on what sex you want to be with. I doubt that you are gay...But I am sure you were introduced to gay sex as a young person and it "felt good"...If you want a serious future with a female..you had better give up males...You can't have your cake and eat it too/

Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
There is no secure future in dating a bi-sexual female either. Serious people demand love and total loyalty. My son was checking out a dating site for young people...a lot of the woman thought it would be cool and attractive to describe themselves as bi-sexual. In fact we saw the former girlfriend of a friend who was not bi-sexual who advertised herself as such. My son had one comment on the so-called bi-sexual female....."It hard enough in this competitive world to ward off male interlopers- why would I want to double my anxiety and insecurity with having to ward of female intruders into the relationship?"

There is this new attitude and fashion trend that bi-sexuality is cool and sophisticated...There is really no future in such a life style if you are looking for a future with a mate. If you partake in this modernity - you might have a great and wild party and sex life but you will end up an old loser in the end.

Smart people are looking forward to a future- not just the next future orgasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships