Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 12:56 PM

482 posts, read 799,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
OP, it probably has to do with insecurity that you could go fully gay at any point in the relationship or the thought that you kissed and slept with other men.

I can see their point of view, especially if you lean towards males and change your mind down the road.

Women don't want their guy to end up gay and be dumped for another man! Huge blow to their ego and reputation.

It is, and it's scary. OP, why not just date men? I mean, men, and shemales are better suited for bisexual men since they have everything you will need. Why be with a real woman?

Old 06-16-2013, 01:32 PM

332 posts, read 868,555 times
To me it would be relevant. I always ask upfront if they had or have any intimate feelings or fantasies with guys. They have been pretty honest about it though but to most of these bisexual guys it's about sex only Mod cut: language; not PG-13. be it man or woman so to me that is a big turn off and wouldn't date someone that slutty. Being dumped for a guy well no one has a gaydar so I think women have to be very observant otherwise it would come as a traumatic shock to them that there boyfriend was secretly gay all along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Getting dumped is getting dumped.ne
[who cares for who or for what you were dumped?]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-23-2013 at 02:57 PM..

Old 06-16-2013, 01:38 PM

332 posts, read 868,555 times
They think you are promiscous and judge you no different than they would a bisexual woman. If you keep it from them and they find out in this small world that you are bi later on in your relationship it will deeply hurt them and will break any honesty and trust you have with that person. You have to find maybe a person who understands such as a bisexual woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,479 times
Quote:
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.
I am very open minded. However, I still wouldn't date a bisexual man (once I found out he was bisexual). I just wouldn't be able to get past the thought of him having sex with another man. It just creeps me out. I want the man I am dating and having sex with to be into women...ONLY!!! Please don't get offended. I am sure there has got to be other women who have no problem with it. But I am not one of them.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:18 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
I'm bisexual. I dated more men than women, probably because guys asked me out and very rarely asked me out. I have dated a bisexual man. The idea of two hot men having sex is a turn on for me, so a bisexual man was a non-issue for me.

If/when the topic comes up, let your dates know that you are bisexual. I would imagine bisexual women are an easier sell. Some straight men have a problem with bisexual women. Some lesbians won't date bisexual women. It's not worth getting too worried about in my opinion. People are attracted to what they are attracted to and it's best to just accept it and move on.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:36 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Do you do this with guys, too?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
I would keep this to myself.

Plus, chances are, the woman you are dating is revealing very little to you about her sexual past.

You may not want to wait years to say anything, if you want to say anything at all, but I would at least wait a good while.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 AM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post

Plus, chances are, the woman you are dating is revealing very little to you about her sexual past.
This is true. The only woman that I know that wereI open to their sexual past have been close friends, not girlfriends.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:45 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post

You may not want to wait years to say anything, if you want to say anything at all, but I would at least wait a good while.
What is the purpose of waiting then?

You don't think the woman has the right to know her potential boyfriend's sexual orientation?

If she accepts it, it doesn't matter he tells her the first day or not. If she cannot accepts it, at least she can respect him for being honest and upfront.

He who has nothing to hide hides nothing.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:53 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Oh dear.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.