Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:16 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times

Advertisements

[quote=tatiana1;30086170]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
....There is no such thing as a bi-sexual. ...quote]

Agreed 1000%!!!!! No such thing. It is a term people use to fool themselves (and others) into thinking that what they are doing/feeling is natural, when we all know it is anything but. bi-sexual people are GAY people, that's it and that's why they end up with gays.
Bisexuality exists if it is meant one has frequent sexual attraction to members of both the male and female sex.

If homosexuality is meant that a person rarely if ever finds a member of the opposite sexually attractive, but often finds they are sexually attracted to members of their same sex, then I think we can say homosexuality exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
LOL

Tell me where did I say "I believe eating across the table from them or kissing their cheek will give you HIV?" Obviously, you believe that, don't you?
I inferred it from your accusation that my stating a person on a 1, 2, or 3 dates with me is not obligated to tell me they have HIV if they have it. And some other statements of yours I think it could be inferred from.

Unless in your mind 1st or 2nd or 3rd dates necessarily mean has to have sex. Then I would infer you to have meant you can't perceive of a grown woman not spreading her legs on the first date, or that you can't perceive of a man not pushing himself on a woman sexually on the first date.

Quote:
I thought you only wrote A-grade college essay, this is the best you can come up with? Putting Words in Other People's Mouths?
You're bringing up something from another thread. But yes... I've composed many college papers and received A's on most of them. Not all of them but most. Bearing in mind expectations and writing styles differ between the courses of English, creative writing, philosophy, and the natural sciences. The latter two I've had difficult times scoring A's on submitted papers. I received a D on a couple. And to my chagrin an F on one. That F came on one submitted science paper that was an essay answering questions from a case resolution template.

Philosophy papers are usually long and drawn out. So, usually my grade is reduced because I haven't provided a far more in depth response to some point. For example, your points in blue posed as questions I'm addressing now would require 5 or 7 more paragraphs maybe. Philosophy likes long paragraphs too. The exact opposite is found in submitting something for journalism. The paragraphs are very short. They're longer in human interest pieces though.

That said... I didn't put words in your mouth. You made claims and accusations and I inferred from them.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:17 PM

560 posts, read 1,549,371 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

Look...like I said before, both of us love normal things, as in normal sex so we don't do any doggie, birdie, cowie or catty style. Just normal sex like normal people. We just happen to both enjoy the simple things in life. That's it, no extremes.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-23-2013 at 03:10 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I don't know about the US, but in Canada, if you fail to inform your partner of an incurable STI that you are aware of, it's a criminal matter. You can be prosecuted for murder. Criminal transmission of HIV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Over here, you can't legally give consent to sex if you are not aware that your partner has a sexually transmitted disease.
In the United States no one sitting across from you at a table in a restaurant is mandate by law to tell you they have HIV or some STD, not even if they arrived to restaurant with you in your car.

I can't even go to some woman's doctor and tell him, "I like her, tell me what if any disease she has, give me her medical records," and reasonably expect that doctor to divulge the information I'm seeking.

One thing that keeps nurses and doctors in hospitals at low risk of contracting HIV and STD's from patients arriving at the hospital is that they automatically presume all body fluids from every person is potentially contaminated. Maybe the word "contaminated" is the wrong word to use but you get my point.

A penis and vagina can be treated the same way. In fact, those in the health care field that deal with HIV and STDs suggest exactly that. Until you become comfortable and confident in the person you are about to have sex with. That you both are trusting of each other. And they admit and say in the health care field that when such comfort, confidence, and trust comes at different times for different people.

The idea that all you need to do is buy a condom and use one is a notion mainly had by those outside the health care field that deals with STD's.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@supines quote No woman--or man--is need feel obligated to tell me they have HIV etc. even if i invite them on a date. that should only be reviled before having sex.

Ya so this is what is wrong with this country, so what your saying is your right to date and have a good time is more important then anothers persons right to choose what risks or what they want to be exposed to in there lives? So why not disclose your H.I.V/ S.T.Ds on or before a first date? Is it a persons hope that by dating that person without disclose just before sex, that they may sway acceptance anf in a since monipulate someone, when maybe they would of told you thay weren't interestted in the first place?
Because it's none of their business.

There is a reason most people with diseases in the USofA--including those with HIV and herpes--are not quarantined. Because most are at low risk of spreading the disease simply by non-sexual, and non-physically intimate socializing.

Quarantined | Define Quarantined at Dictionary.com

Quote:
quar·an·tine

[kwawr-uhn-teen, kwor-, kwawr-uhn-teen, kwor-] Show IPA noun, verb, quar·an·tined, quar·an·tin·ing.
noun

a strict isolation imposed to prevent the spread of disease.

2. a period, originally 40 days, of detention or isolation imposed upon ships, persons, animals, or plants on arrival at a port or place, when suspected of carrying some infectious or contagious disease.

3. a system of measures maintained by governmental authority at ports, frontiers, etc., for preventing the spread of disease.
I think you shouldn't say anything, so, you can let a person better get to know you. Even if they decide they can't be your Significant Other then at least they might not conjure up all sorts of crazy images of you inside their head.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:47 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
In the United States no one sitting across from you at a table in a restaurant is mandate by law to tell you they have HIV or some STD, not even if they arrived to restaurant with you in your car.

I can't even go to some woman's doctor and tell him, "I like her, tell me what if any disease she has, give me her medical records," and reasonably expect that doctor to divulge the information I'm seeking.

One thing that keeps nurses and doctors in hospitals at low risk of contracting HIV and STD's from patients arriving at the hospital is that they automatically presume all body fluids from every person is potentially contaminated. Maybe the word "contaminated" is the wrong word to use but you get my point.

A penis and vagina can be treated the same way. In fact, those in the health care field that deal with HIV and STDs suggest exactly that. Until you become comfortable and confident in the person you are about to have sex with. That you both are trusting of each other. And they admit and say in the health care field that when such comfort, confidence, and trust comes at different times for different people.

The idea that all you need to do is buy a condom and use one is a notion mainly had by those outside the health care field that deals with STD's.
When I read your posts, I was unclear that you meant this information should be shared prior to sex.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I am NOT conditioned to think "the guy sleeping with a guy is not 100% manly to a females standard and ideal of masculinity." This has NOTHING to do with masculinity. It has to do with MY personal revulsion of the thought of ME sleeping with a man who has been with a man. Sorry, it just turns me off. This has nothing to do with being homophobic either. I have plenty of friends who are gay/lesbians. Of course I would expect heterosexual men to be with other women.

There are many people who are into gross and weird fetishes (taken from 33 weird and disturbing sexual fetishes) such as vomiting on one another and having sex, sexual pleasure related to mucus (e.g. the consumption of), erotic pleasure stemming from the licking of someone’s eyeball, etc.

So because I am repulsed by these fetishes, does this mean society has conditioned me to be and feel this way? Are you?
Yeah, I understood it's a turn off for you. But why? is the important question.

It does not turn you off to think he has been with one or more women. It does turn you off to think he has been with one or more men. I'm going to assume here this is not because you're lesbian and like the female body more than the male body.

So, it seems to be that their is a sexual conduct you expect of "real men" and don't put active bisexual and gay men in that paradigm.

That you have gay friends and lesbian friends means little to me. I have plenty of lesbian friends and gay and bisexual relatives I care about. I still think lesbianism and male homosexuality are usually immoral. Interestingly enough, the thought of two men having sex with one another does not repulse me. And truth be told... I like the Greco-Roman statues paying tribute to the fit male physique.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:54 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.
OP I don't blame you. I'd personally keep this under don't ask don't tell, which I find a good policy for anything, provided you have clean STD tests to back it up.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Can society turn a straight guy gay?
I don't think anyone is 100% homosexual or 100% heterosexual. I've gone over this before. And I accept that there have been societies that have by tradition had males having sex with other males. This was common in parts of ancient Greece and at least one Amerindian nation in what is now Latin America, all the way up into the 1950s or '70s, had all male members of the nation or "tribe" taking a male lover as well as a wife.

I'm sure a straight male can be persuaded overtime in one way or another to view one or more males as suitable for sexual partners.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:13 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I don't think anyone is 100% homosexual or 100% heterosexual.

I'm sure a straight male can be persuaded overtime in one way or another to view one or more males as suitable for sexual partners.
Wrong!

"The general consensus amongst experts in medicine, psychiatry and psychology is that sexual orientation is biological in nature and cannot be changed. It remains stable regardless of one's actual sexual behavior: A person with a heterosexual orientation remains "straight" regardless of whether they ever have sex with anyone, and a person who has a homosexual orientation remains "gay" or "lesbian" even if they never have sex in their entire lifetime."

Murray Lipp: Turning the Tables: Do People 'Choose' to Be Straight? Is Being Straight a 'Lifestyle Choice'?

Contrary to foreboding moralist ranting, sexuality is actually partially pre-determined in the womb rather than some insidious learned behavior. No religions, modern arts, media can change or influence that.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
What is doggie style? Look...like I said before, both of us love normal things, as in normal sex so we don't do any doggie, birdie, cowie or catty style. Just normal sex like normal people. We just happen to both enjoy the simple things in life. That's it, no extremes.
You can feel free to open the following link, it is clean, nothing "extreme" and 100% PG13

Don't tell me you and your boyfriend have never done something like this

http://www.slybaldguys.com/images/cosmosex_ladder.jpg

Don't be an agenda pusher, very disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships