Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 03:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

I purposely created a "Fetish Profile" to see if a woman who finds me attractive would read the profile to see that it's not a dating type of profile. So far none of the women have read my new profile and I'm not sure if they are trying to make like it's not there or responded to me only because of my picture.

So ladies give me your honest opinion do you bother to read the profile if you are attracted to the guy? Or if you do read it and see that it's a profile geared toward intimacy you talk to him anyway to see if he brings it up during your chat with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 03:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Did these 'women' invite you to visit their cam sites?

I don't look at the pics unless I find the profile attractive. I usually read profile first (the whole thing), then answers to OKC questions. Then, if those are both great, I take a look at the pics.

Often I forget to look at the pics before I write to the guy.

This is what we women mean when we say attraction is less visually oriented for us.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Did these 'women' invite you to visit their cam sites?

I don't look at the pics unless I find the profile attractive. I usually read profile first (the whole thing), then answers to OKC questions. Then, if those are both great, I take a look at the pics.

Often I forget to look at the pics before I write to the guy.

This is what we women mean when we say attraction is less visually oriented for us.

On some sites you have to click on the pic in order to read the profile like POF. On OKC it's impossible not to read the profile because it's right under the pic

Old 05-12-2013, 04:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Actually I tended to look at the profile first to see if we were a fit then looked at his photo.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
I check him out and read the profile. Ask for more pics. Proof that it is him. Usually like humor in the profile.

Ex: Hair color-R.I.P at 40.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:22 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,373,361 times
I always read through a man's profile when considering whether to write. Period.

If the photos appeal to me, but there are dealbreakers (such as what sort of relationship is sought, age range he accepts, etc.) in the profile text,
then I don't write-and am relieved to know, since it wouldn't be worth my while to write to that person anyway.
At least I've saved myself the embarrassment of writing to someone guaranteed not to be a realistic prospect for me.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
I'm on OKC, and I ALWAYS read the profile and even do a brief look at the questions they answered (especially the ones marked 'unacceptable because those are usually the deal breakers) before answering messages and before sending them. Pictures are fairly important, but people can look VERY different IRL than in their pictures.

Looks do play into that, but not as much as one would think. The profile and questions make or break it.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm on OKC, and I ALWAYS read the profile and even do a brief look at the questions they answered (especially the ones marked 'unacceptable because those are usually the deal breakers) before answering messages and before sending them. Pictures are fairly important, but people can look VERY different IRL than in their pictures.

Looks do play into that, but not as much as one would think. The profile and questions make or break it.

It's easier to read the profile on OKC than it is on POF.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:03 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Women have to read the profiles, because there can be clues about the person's character there. Women have to be cautious, because they're always at a physical power disadvantage. Also, what's the point of contacting someone, if you have nothing in common with them? Just to stare at a pretty face? That may be satisfying for men, but not so much for women.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
It's easier to read the profile on OKC than it is on POF.
I had a POF account but never got any real responses, just guys looking for hookups so I got rid of it.

I didn't notice it being any more difficult reading the profile on POF, it was just less concise and I thought people took POF far less seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships