Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times

Advertisements

Years ago I dated a woman who drove a late model Corvette, while I drove a crappy Saturn. I didn't mind, especially since she let me drive her car when we went out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 02:14 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
In my opinion which only matters to me is that it shows the most important things in your life are money, status and the cost of the material possessions you have which can equal "HIGH Maintenance" when it comes to relationships in general.

I should have said that it can appear that "SOME" can be high maintenance when it comes to their clothing, vehicles, homes and other material possessions but not ALL are actually like that in reality.
I could see that...but what's funny is my husband drove a BMW 5-Series when we started dating (the second time)...and he's very laid back & very much not trendy or status-conscious. He is a "car guy" though so to speak, so that's his one vice.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
I don't need to work on that, I know I am. I work out 5x a week. I take care of myself and how I look.
Then you should be beating guys off with a baseball bat. And if you aren't? Move to Phoenix AZ where single men outnumber single women 2 to 1.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Phoenix AZ where single men outnumber single women 2 to 1.
Do you have a source for that statistic?

Old 05-13-2013, 02:32 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,834 times
Drive the car you want and dont worry about what the men in your life think. Just dont ever ask them to make the payments.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Anyone who judges someone by the model of car they drive is not worth the second date IMO.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:36 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Excuse me. How does self-esteem play into this? I'm a guy who places more of an emphasis on value than branding. That is all I'm saying. A girl who felt she needed to buy a BMW or Mercedes as opposed to a similarily equipped non-luxury car would not be one that I would get along with. If anything, I'm doing her a favor because we would not match anyway.
You also go on to say 8 of 10 people you encounter who drive these type cars are jerks and that you are frugal, not by choice.
FYI: Nearly every auto maker is building models to compete with these cars. If the OP wants to reward herself of her hard work with a high-line luxury car than so be it. Same goes if she wants a home or several homes in exclusive communities. She shouldn't be shamed into down grading her taste because of people with self-esteem issues.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,762,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Do you have a source for that statistic?
I live in Phoenix, az, and he is right. Almost every woman I see is in a relationship. Its not fun to be a single male here in phoenix. The competition is just as tough for single men to find a single woman than it is for an unemployed person to find a job.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:13 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You also go on to say 8 of 10 people you encounter who drive these type cars are jerks and that you are frugal, not by choice.
FYI: Nearly every auto maker is building models to compete with these cars. If the OP wants to reward herself of her hard work with a high-line luxury car than so be it. Same goes if she wants a home or several homes in exclusive communities. She shouldn't be shamed into down grading her taste because of people with self-esteem issues.
And I should not be shamed for not being attracted to someone who buys a Mercedes or BMW. I don't give a what type of car she wants to buy, just respect that some guys ain't gonna be with that. That is all I'm saying. How is her situation any different from girls not liking or being attracted to me because I'm 6'5 with the body of an NFL lineman?

Oh yeah, the jerks comment was a total observation. I work in banking with clients who finance them luxury cars and nearly all of them are jerks to either myself or my co-workers. Nearly all of them have a superiority or entitlement complex.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:16 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Guys and girls may react differently, generally speaking. A guy driving a luxurious expensive hot car might be attractive to women and who wouldn’t want to score with a rich man? A woman driving a car like that may give out the impression that she is married, high-maintenance, won’t waste her time with a guy who doesn’t earn as much as she does, and so on. Sure, there are exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships