Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:45 AM

25 posts, read 31,276 times

Advertisements

I been married for only a few years and reaching new levels of sexual experimentation to make things more fun. As things have been getting more exciting I worry about what level to take things before it gets weird and could even ruin a wonderful relationship. What level have you went, and what were the implications.

I am sure married people who are married for longer than 5, 10, 15 years go through this or their marriage will become one long boring sex life of weekly missionary sex after the world news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
If you're both into it, it's not weird. If one person insists and the other resists, then you're creating problems. Do you mean kinks and fetishes level?

Variety, IMO, is more important than pushing limits into uncharted territory. Perhaps you need more radical experimentation to keep you interested, but I don't think that's generally true. I think it's entirely possible to never try anything much outside your comfort zone, yet still mix it up with the things you know and like already - time, place, initiator, positions, etc., can be enough. After 13 years we've learned and tried some new things, but they are mostly extensions or variants of what we already discovered we liked. The variety is endless, has never become boring or routine, even with daily "repetition".

Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
I agree. If whatever you try is something your partner is also willing to try with you, no big deal. Just talk it out. Work together.

My wife and I really have not been into fetish kind of things. The variety and spice to keep things fresh is more in location, time of day, and to some extent spontenaity. Doing things to keep it out of getting stuck in the rut of the same routine.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
This reminds me of the show where she called him at work talking naughty about a French maid outfit...

When he came home she opened the door to him and he was wearing the maid outfit as was she. Surprised, he said, "Oh, you were going to wear th...ok."

Lol!!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
I think the idea that sexual things are arranged in a 'ladder' of increasing excitement, with the most exciting things being closest to the uncomfortably weird things is bizarre. Where did you get this idea?

The way it works IRL, in my experience, is that you try a bunch of things. Some of them you both like a lot, and those you do again as frequently as you feel like. Some one likes more than the other, and those are saved for special occasions. Some neither one likes that much, so you maybe don't try them again until some years later. Some seem weird, and then you have a good time laughing over them, and switch to something else.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
When the edible underwear makes your butt lime green.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I recommend flirting with each other and creating some sexual tension.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
As long as you're both happy with how it's going, I don't see the problem. I'd say though, if you're really kinking it up, that you should probably make sure to have some plain-vanilla sex a certain percentage of the time, just to keep that in your repertoire and maintain your enjoyment of it. Sure, it might not be absolutely mind-blowing, but it's still pretty damn awesome

Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
As long as you're both happy with how it's going, I don't see the problem. I'd say though, if you're really kinking it up, that you should probably make sure to have some plain-vanilla sex a certain percentage of the time, just to keep that in your repertoire and maintain your enjoyment of it. Sure, it might not be absolutely mind-blowing, but it's still pretty damn awesome
Plain vanilla sex? ....with sprinkles??

Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 PM

249 posts, read 312,632 times
Damn...reading this really makes me hate being freaking single!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships