Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 PM

20 posts, read 27,529 times

Advertisements

I need some advice regarding a girl I've been seeing for a couple of months now...

First things first. I'm 26; she's 36. We work at the same company.

We started dating a few months ago and shortly after decided to be exclusive. It was beyond amazing at first. I was so excited that I felt like I barely needed sleep.

Anyways, once we decided to be exclusive, things changed. She didn't seem to make nearly as much of an effort to hang out as much over time. To a certain extent I get this because she had been busy with trying to find a new place to live. She has also been really stressed.

However, we would never get upset at each other, but this changed after she decided not to renew her lease (rent went up $100) and then realized that she should have renewed it (couldn't find a better deal than what she would have had even with the rent increase).

The worst thing is, ever since the living situation problems, she snaps at me so easily and gets mad. I've tried to be patient because I know she's stressed but she really hurt my feelings a few times and was out of line.

I feel like we barely hang out now, aren't intimate nearly as much, etc. Also, my parents have wanted to meet her but she doesn't want to "involve" parents. My parents think I'm embarrassed of her. She'd said she'd rather wait and see if it gets that far or something like that.

What do you guys think? Would you wait and see if it gets better? End it? Just start looking to date others? I was feeling really close to her so it's just kind of disappointing now.

Sorry for such a long post. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
She's not very pleasant anymore and she's throwing up roadblocks. Sounds like trouble.

She could just be reacting to stress, but it still isn't fun to live with.

Have you said anything to her about how you feel? That should be the first step.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Could be her stress, but also could be "another character has entered the picture" imo.

Hope you get closure to this soon.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Finding a new place can be really stressful and everyone handles stress differently. My husband and I can both get pretty snappy with each other when we are stressed or really tired. We usually just deal with it as best we can - and call each other on it when we've had enough.

That being said - we aren't you and we don't know her - so we really can't say if this is all because of stress or if there are some real problems brewing. Try talking to her about how you are feeling. That's really my advice for every relationship problem.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
You should bring this to you GF. If you're afraid to talk to her, it's not a good relationship to be in.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 PM

20 posts, read 27,529 times
Wmsn,

I've tried to talk to her about how I feel a few times, but it usually just seems to irk her even more. I usually just drop things because she'll keep laying into me about them. Or she just brushes it off.

Thanks for your advice/input guys.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350man View Post
Wmsn,

I've tried to talk to her about how I feel a few times, but it usually just seems to irk her even more. I usually just drop things because she'll keep laying into me about them. Or she just brushes it off.

Thanks for your advice/input guys.
Doesn't sound like she cares too much about you from this perspective.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
It kind of sounds like you are looking for approval for ending things. It's your life - you need to do what is right for you. If you don't feel like this relationship is right for you anymore - you don't need validation from anyone.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Doesn't sound like she cares too much about you from this perspective.
She cares for someone else now - just a hunch and hope I'm mistaken.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
She might be contemplating on the age difference. Sounds like she is using the other as an excuse to distance you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships