Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:18 PM

15,737 posts, read 9,591,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliesnsprinklers View Post
I got upset and kind of like snapped; one of those overheated arguments in the past and I ended up backing him against a wall and shook him a bit and yelled. She saw it and hates me more since then.
Sounds like she has a reason to both dislike you and not to trust you. Domestic violence is not only man against woman, but it can be woman against man or in this case, girl against boy. There is never a reason to lay a hand on another person unless that person is striking you and you are defending yoursrlf.
Quote:
She thinks I'm a bad person that is controlling her son.
Maybe you are. You just said you "kind of like snapped" and "backed" him against a wall where you shook him "a bit" and yelled at him. You sound like someone not in control of themself to be honest.
Quote:
She needs to get a life.
Sounds to me like she has legitimate concerns about the safety of her son.
Quote:
My bf chose me and he's not a minor anymore. But that was last year and she is still not over it.
And here again you sound controlling. I can certainly see why she might have a problem with you. The truth is that while your boyfriend did choose you, to that mother, he is still her son. She loves him and she weants what is best for him. If you also love him and want what is best for him, you will try to change the type of person you are and make ammends with the mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 12:25 PM

15,737 posts, read 9,591,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Second: It is NOT how badly one was hurt, it is the actual PHYSICAL PART of the entire incident. If you cannot control your anger and physically touch someone YOU have LOST CONTROL and YOU need to get help to learn HOW TO CONTROL YOUR ACTIONS.

Third: I do NOT care that you "think" you have been trying to make it up since it happened, in my opinion there is NOTHING you can do to "make it up". Your behavior and actions are NOT ACCEPTABLE on ANY LEVEL and would NOT be tolerated in MY HOME. You are lucky it was NOT ME who saw what you did, your hiney would have been arrested and charged with assault.
Great post! Glad others see the same things that I see in her own posts.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM

19 posts, read 20,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
You escalated an argument into a physical confrontation with her son and LAID HANDS ON HIM in front of his family. I would be doing everything I could to break the two of you up also. It was "his fault" that happened? You sound like a typical abuser.

You're a mother's worst nightmare.
I know that's not how to solve an argument but I couldn't think straight in that moment. I admit the first time was me getting upset over him spending less time with me but the second time he yelled at me so I reacted that way.

This only happened twice and we've been dating for almost 2 years. Abuse would be something that was ongoing and happening too often. An abuser would have to be a really mean tough bully like Chris Brown.

But everything has been ok afterwards. It's hasn't happen again and won't. I know I made a mistake which caused his mother to hate me more but I'm now trying to be the best gf.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I'm not familiar with that post. Did I miss it in this thread? OP, if this is true, know you are responsible for your choices, including weather or not to be intimate with someone.
Yes it's true. It happened twice. She caught me the second time but it hasn't happen since. No, it wasn't to be intimate with him. It was during an argument and I got upset.

This is my first relationship so maybe that's why I overreacted and well he would forget about it fast.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:39 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,596,150 times
Hey if it was my mother she'd find a reason to hate you regardless...
just ignore it, it's you BF that counts right?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,727,110 times
Quote:
I got upset and kind of like snapped; one of those overheated arguments in the past and I ended up backing him against a wall and shook him a bit and yelled.
So you've got a temper huh?? Might be something you need to work on.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Sounds to me like she has legitimate concerns about the safety of her son.
I understand what I did was wrong; that I agree but you're making it sound like I would be considered a threat to him. The truth is he can take care of himself, probably fight two guys at once. When I backed him against the wall and shook him, if he wanted to get out then he could have just pulled me aside and left. He did nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
And here again you sound controlling. I can certainly see why she might have a problem with you. The truth is that while your boyfriend did choose you, to that mother, he is still her son. She loves him and she weants what is best for him. If you also love him and want what is best for him, you will try to change the type of person you are and make ammends with the mother.
I was trying to make amends with her by being nice and buying her a b-day present but that didn't work. What else would you be doing if you were me?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
So you've got a temper huh?? Might be something you need to work on.
True but I'm trying to be better now. Maybe I'm too much of an alpha girl. I'll be honest. I never liked being a follower and tend to have this ''Let's do it my way or I don't care what you think of me'' attitude at time but I'm trying to change.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,903,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Sure it is. People this is a young girl. Stop picking on her! (I don't mean this comment all the others- "he can do better than you." and she can do better than him. We can all "trade up" what is the point of talking like that to the OP?) The mother doesn't seem so mature herself and we can safely say she's chronologically an adult! Just avoid the mother OP and be polite when you have to deal with her. Be better than her. Don't say you're better than her, BE better than her. No bragging. In time it will become obvious.
She got physical. She cornered him. That **** ain't cool. The fact that the op will do this and blames her boyfriend is purely and simply irresponsible. That isn't picking on her. That is being honest. Yes, the bf's mother is clearly in the right. If anyone harms your child you're damn right they will defend and protect. That's what parents do.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:20 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,685,914 times
To the Op...What are your plans for life after high-school?...Have you taken PSAT & the SAT,if so how did you score?Do you have a job lined up for this summer?Do you have or do you plan on getting your driver's license? Why am I concerned about these things?...I'm not but you should be...not whether some guys mother likes you or not...maybe ten years from now when you might be in the financial and emotional place to really have a relationship with a guy...then worry what his mother thinks of you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships