Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM

19 posts, read 20,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
you don't have to be a whiz in math to be college material...there are many careers that don't involve math...
I was thinking of maybe journalism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Mom's like to see their children dating people that have things going for them...such as ambition and goals...if you have those traits most(not all) parents will love you!!
I hope so but it would really suck if I've tried everything and it doesn't work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You have no clue what absue actually is........it is NOT the quantity, it is the quality. ONE TIME IS TOO MANY, it does NOT have to be ongoing OR happen twice a year, or happen daily it can happen ONE TIME and it IS ABUSE, uncontrolled, anger induced, physically striking or touching another in a moment of anger, that is what is abuse.......
True maybe I had no clue what abuse really was. I guess I had always associate it with a bully that's huge and you can't fight him else you get beaten even more. If what I was doing to my bf is abuse then that's new to me. I had no idea. I was thinking it was just my temper that day and nothing else.

When I asked for one of my friends about this, she left me thinking. She asked if I would concern it abuse if it was him shaking or hitting me or if I had be ok with it and pretend it didn't happen. Interesting point. I think I would be creeped out.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I'm willing to bet the OP would not like it if her bf started getting physical or if he would have been a meaner guy that retaliates.
This is almost the same thing one of my friends told me. I think I would probably be too shocked to react and freaked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Where did the OP learn that it was ok to put your hands on your partner in anger?
I don't know. None that I can think about.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You weren't being nice to her with the comment where you said, "I was calling him, not you." (Paraphrased as I'm not going to search back through the thread to find it.) If you are ever to win her trust again, it will take time. It's not a case of being nice to her for a few weeks, a few months or even a year. It's an every day thing even if you have to do it through clenched teeth. It's asking her how she's been, talking about mundane things and just letting her see that you're not a bad kid. (Which, frankly, is still open to debate, if you ask me.)
Wow, it sure if going to take a long while but ok no problem. I hope she does sees I'm changing and really care about her son.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 688 times
Do your parents always complain about the person you're dating? Ready to prove your parents wrong and show them how amazing your other half is? VPEtalent is seeking couples aged 18-22 and the parents that don't see eye to eye with them for a brand new docu-reality show for MTV's international channels. Contact [email]amy.frank@vpetalent.com[/email] with your story to apply.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:49 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
fun fact: she will probably always hate you.

just go on with life and be a decent person to her and her son and accept the fact she may never see who you are at face value.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 AM

39,207 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
fun fact: she will probably always hate you.

just go on with life and be a decent person to her and her son and accept the fact she may never see who you are at face value.
this ^^^^^^

If she hates you, she would be consumed by that hate. It is her problem.
As long as you are a decent person who treats everybody with respect, treats people the way you want to be treated. You would find genuine true love and you will get respect in return.

Don't worry about her, live your own life. Remember the happiness and good people in your life.

Good luck to you op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships