Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 PM

342 posts, read 438,150 times

Advertisements

There are a couple of advantages to date/have relationship with a women in her late 40s early 50s: many of us still look great and much younger. AND...We have grown children! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 01:50 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Very interesting stats collected by OKC.

"2/3 of male messages go to the top 1/3 of women", so if you're a cute or "average"-looking woman, the men responding to you are going to be in the bottom 1/3rd of men (i.e., the "ugliest").

I wonder if this is why men complain so much about not finding dates? If this data is correct, it seems the majority of them are going after women who are "out of their league" and not even trying for "cute" or "average" women.

The article also discusses how men and women respond and send messages based on perceived attractiveness.

Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends
It's the internet - reality goes out the window. It takes almost no nerve at all to send a message to the hottest looking thing on plenty of whales or OK-u-bid. In real life only a small fraction of those men would have the guts to approach her.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:40 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Very interesting stats collected by OKC.

"2/3 of male messages go to the top 1/3 of women", so if you're a cute or "average"-looking woman, the men responding to you are going to be in the bottom 1/3rd of men (i.e., the "ugliest").

I wonder if this is why men complain so much about not finding dates? If this data is correct, it seems the majority of them are going after women who are "out of their league" and not even trying for "cute" or "average" women.

The article also discusses how men and women respond and send messages based on perceived attractiveness.

Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

Funny, I would have rated her in looks/attractiveness above the two women in the photos rated among the top.

I don't like the expression on the face of the young woman on the upper-right corner, either.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:50 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
[1]Sadly older women are deemed ugly as they age which is a shame. I have no doubt it's one of the reasons I failed with online dating because I am seeking a man like me, but the men like me are seeking younger pretty women.[2] Meanwhile the guys mostly contacting me were the ones most women don't want.
Point #1 suggests subjectivity, cultural indoctrination, superficial values, and injustice, correct?

Point #2 suggests objectivity, truth, and the wisdom of women and society, correct?

Perhaps contra to feminist rhetoric and current cultural rhetoric where every girl born is a princess and beautiful and no male out of "her league," perhaps as women age there are men "out of their league"? Is that possible?

Or is it possible no one is out of anyone's league?

I don't note women find men attractive if one or more other women like said man. I mentioned this before, about a woman that paid zero attention to me until she saw a very attractive woman getting in my car, then all of a sudden she was eyeballing me.

I do think like this article suggests that looks are one of the most important things. Money too. Social status too.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:20 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Oh, is that what's happening? lol I always get messages from men who I don't really find attractive, but I don't find the majority of men on the site in my area to be attractive either.

I just came across a guy who I did find attractive a few minutes ago, but I was too chicken to send him a message so I just sent him a 4-star rating instead so he'll be notified that I'm interested and will hopefully just send a message to me.

I hate online dating.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:35 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
My experience with online dating is women are looking for a guy that owns a bank. Money will make women overlook lots of things they would usually reject.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:49 PM

217 posts, read 307,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
My experience with online dating is women are looking for a guy that owns a bank. Money will make women overlook lots of things they would usually reject.
You could've just said "My experience with dating .." and you'd be right.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:54 PM

348 posts, read 550,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Point #1 suggests subjectivity, cultural indoctrination, superficial values, and injustice, correct?

Point #2 suggests objectivity, truth, and the wisdom of women and society, correct?

Perhaps contra to feminist rhetoric and current cultural rhetoric where every girl born is a princess and beautiful and no male out of "her league," perhaps as women age there are men "out of their league"? Is that possible?

I don't note women find men attractive if one or more other women like said man. I mentioned this before, about a woman that paid zero attention to me until she saw a very attractive woman getting in my car, then all of a sudden she was eyeballing me.

I do think like this article suggests that looks are one of the most important things. Money too. Social status too.
Great post, particularly the bolded part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Oh, is that what's happening? lol I always get messages from men who I don't really find attractive, but I don't find the majority of men on the site in my area to be attractive either.

I just came across a guy who I did find attractive a few minutes ago, but I was too chicken to send him a message so I just sent him a 4-star rating instead so he'll be notified that I'm interested and will hopefully just send a message to me.

I hate online dating.
Yours was a good move. I had limited experience in online dating, but I do like it better when a woman gives me a signal that she's interested, and then I make the first move.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post

Of course there are both men and women out of the opposite sex's league (same sex too but am concentrating on opposite sex since I am not gay)but the reality is too many men seem to think they can be fat, ugly and poor and still get someone hot and young. Oh sure a man who is handsome or wealthy will be able to attract much better quality women than a man not like that but often lesser quality men think they deserve what the better quality men does. I'm sure women do this as well but the majority of women I know want a man like them in respect to pay, looks etc.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:33 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Attractive women are EVERYWHERE. They are a dime a dozen. Good hardworking marriage minded men are not. A man's value increases with age. A woman's looks will decrease. No such thing as a woman being "OUT OF HIS LEAGUE". Wish more guys would grow some balls and quit kissing asses of every decent looking woman they see. Maybe some of these ladies would start to wake up and realize that their looks don't qualify them for "best woman" status.
Hell yes! This is what ive been saying for the longest time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships