Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 AM

246 posts, read 388,072 times

Advertisements

OP, it's great that you're feeling good and I wish you the best. But I caution you on this girl. If she had feelings for you then why did she quit the relationship in the first place. She needs to answer that and if she's defensive then you should move on. Put the onus on her and don't give in. She needs to prove to you she's committed. Just some advice.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrblacksmith View Post
No. saying it is a defense mechanism for elder people like you
who have a stereotype on age. No matter what i said
i knew you would still think i'm immature because i'm young that's why you
asked the question in the first place. To throw me in this box 'Oh he doesn't know much yet'

But my age doesn't matter.
That doesn't define me.

OMGosh, we do NOT have a "sterotype on age"......we have actually been there, done that and remember what it is like to be an IMMATURE 22 year old human who "thinks" they have all the answers......

Old 06-13-2013, 09:40 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,289,289 times
Sometimes, putting yourself out there and giving it your all is all that you can do. I just did the same thing you did. Completely turned my life around and started being the person I always needed to be. It didn't work in my favor to get back my most recent ex, but it's not going to stop from the being the person I enjoy being much more now. My most recent ex was really a great person, but I wasn't in the right frame of mind to really appreciate that. Once we spent some time apart, I realized just how great that she was.

I'm pretty certain she's with someone else now, since that was what she felt she was heading to the last time we talked two weeks ago. It's the way the cookie crumbles at times.

Now, that things are going your way OP, just keep building on that. Even if you and your ex never become anything more than friends or even just FB friends, she was put in your life to teach you something very valuable. Even though it took a negative situation with her, to turn it into a positive situation for you, you will always have something to cherish her by. It's what I have had to do with my ex, and it's made things a lot easier. For me, it has nothing to do with being cocky, but embracing the fact of being humble and appreciative of what someone did for me, whether what led up to that outcome was positive or negative.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 AM

79 posts, read 446,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
This is amazing. All these posters wondering how you turned your life around in a month and half when really, it doesn't matter. Wondering if you hate her or if she really wants to see you again (oh, she does) They have no idea what they're talking about. Here's what happened.

I'm guessing when you broke up (she left I assume), you were weak, whiney, mumbling and showed no confidence. She lost attraction for you and left.

You may have begun improving yourself, which is great, but what really matters is how you handled this meeting. You were laid back, giving off an I don't care attitude, which was a complete flipped script for her as I am POSITIVE she expected you to be an emotional wreck just begging for her to be with you. You showed confidence, you showed control, and most of all, you did not let your feelings spill all over the place like some BS chick flick.

Her mind must have been doing back flips. How could this weak, emotional boy that begged for me not to leave sit here with so much confidence and not even mention that he still cares?????

Keep the attitude, get the chick back. Act like whiney little betaherb, and she's gone again faster than you could believe.
Awesome Great Post ! Your totally right. Thats exactly how are situation was so I know it went well.
& That's all that matters ! Everyone is so pessimistic on here it's kind of entertaining lol

Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OMGosh, we do NOT have a "sterotype on age"......we have actually been there, done that and remember what it is like to be an IMMATURE 22 year old human who "thinks" they have all the answers......
I don't have all the answers.
But it seems like you don't want anyone to have the answers
You want a poster to feel sorry for thereself so you can break them down even more
and show them what else their doing wrong.

I don't care what any of you other posters have to say honestly lol
That's why i asked for no advice.
I just came on here to vent.

I know i'm in a good place
Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-13-2013 at 01:14 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,771,128 times
WOW! I am glad that it works out from your end!
I hope this will end well!
I am glad that you are in a better place in life!
And I am glad that she showed interest in you.
This is just like A Hollywood movie, but I guess it really happens in real life! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingWomanMyAge View Post
OP, it's great that you're feeling good and I wish you the best. But I caution you on this girl. If she had feelings for you then why did she quit the relationship in the first place. She needs to answer that and if she's defensive then you should move on. Put the onus on her and don't give in. She needs to prove to you she's committed. Just some advice.
I'm not answering anymore of these question.
Because i never asked for advice.

She already told me why she quit i already know
Why the hell would i bring it up again ?
Thats creating unecessary drama.
That's not the route to go if you want to start fresh

Old 06-13-2013, 10:49 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,352,034 times
Quote:
Awesome Great Post ! Your totally right. Thats exactly how are situation was so I know it went well.
& That's all that matters ! Everyone is so pessimistic on here it's kind of entertaining lol
Exactly. Act like a man (confidence, leadership, decisiveness, non needy behavior, being attractive to the opposite sex not just your girl) and you keep her interest level and attraction to you high.

Act like a insecure teenager, confessing your love every 2 minutes, and buying her flowers after an argument even when she's wrong and she loses respect for you and slowly but surely, her attraction for you and she will leave. It doesn't make her a bad person, it's nature. Women don't respect and are not attracted to weak.

Just stay strong, don't put your emotions on the table 24/7 (once in awhile is OK, better if she does first, try the 3 to 1 rule) avoid showing jealousy at all costs and be confident and you'll keep this chick.

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,771,128 times
Quote:
Possibly, but i feel deep in my gut that
it's more than that.

We had a conversation
a couple weeks ago
& i told her i cant be her friend
Either she would have all of me or none of me.
She said she understood and if i couldnt handle it its ok.
I told her instead of being "friends" why dont you let me show you a new side of me
She said Ok and every since its been up hill

So i think she knows i'm not having that "friend" stuff

However, if she does try to play me
and hit my with the friend thing and back out
or move on to someone else.

I'll be okay with that
because atleast i gave it my all you know ?

But i dont think that will happen lol
And when that happens; remember that it is her loss not yours! You can give her your love, you have your act together and most importantly you are WILLING to CHANGE! It's her loss not yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
It shouldn't take a breakup to motivate you into bettering yourself and seeking success. The days of making it big as just a musician have passed. You will need to brand yourself.
Thank's Jimmy Iovine.

I love how everyone is so adement about what they think is right
You cant be motivated from a break up
You cant love your ex
You cant be happy
Somethings not right
I dont like this
Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-13-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships