Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 AM

100 posts, read 155,509 times

Advertisements

Thank you guys for the words of encouragement. It really means a lot. In the state of texas only one person can own the house, and she wanted it and her dad was our real estate guy so I just signed it over into her name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 07:44 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
What do you miss: Her cheating? I would check into an ACA or ACOA group. (Google is your friend)

Old 06-23-2013, 09:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan59 View Post
Im 27 Years old, just been Divorced only a month w/ no children... She got the house and I moved into an apartment and I am soo lonely and just hurting. I have friends telling me she's already close with another man and I just don't know how to process this.. basically we both married each other at 23, and we were just immature and she kept cheating on me and we worked opposite hours and it just got worse and worse... she filed and I signed them but I didn't really want too... part of me did and didn't. I begged her to not go to court... but obviously she did.

I t was a long 4 years... and im just wondering how a woman can just basically up and divorce someone just because " we aren't compatiable" or she needs to "find herself" I admit I there were things I could have done to be a better husband, but here I am at 27 years old with no kids.. and an ok job. I want a family and that is so important to me, I just want to be in love and have children. can anyone relate?
I am so sorry that you have to go through this. But look at it this way, if her feelings had changed, it is probably the best to just let her go.

I have a friend who just ended his 5 years of marriage. There was no infidelity, no financial problems. He doesn't know what went wrong. His feeling just wasn't there anymore. I guess it happens. It is pretty scary to me too knowing people's feeling can just change like that.

I personally believer marriage is a challenge. My parents have been married for over 30 years, my brother has been married for several years too. I have no ideas how they did it to be honest.

I understand you are hurting, but you need to realize just because she was the one initiate the divorce, doesn't mean you are no longer attractive or you are no longer a good husband. Sometimes, change is good.

I have no comforting words to say, nor do I have sound advice. Just wish you some good luck. Maybe find somebody to talk to, your feeling needs to be validated in order to move forward.

Take care.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:41 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Thank you guys for the words of encouragement. It really means a lot. In the state of texas only one person can own the house, and she wanted it and her dad was our real estate guy so I just signed it over into her name.
wow.

If I were you, I'd talk to an attorney about financial arrangements. You have your rights, you know?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
wow.

If I were you, I'd talk to an attorney about financial arrangements. You have your rights, you know?
You assume there was equity in the home. If there was I highly doubt he would have signed it over without taking his share.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:05 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Feeling the effects of Divorce...

Quote:
Im 27 Years old, just been Divorced only a month w/ no children... She got the house and I moved into an apartment and I am soo lonely and just hurting. I have friends telling me she's already close with another man and I just don't know how to process this.. basically we both married each other at 23, and we were just immature and she kept cheating on me and we worked opposite hours and it just got worse and worse... she filed and I signed them but I didn't really want too... part of me did and didn't. I begged her to not go to court... but obviously she did.

I t was a long 4 years... and im just wondering how a woman can just basically up and divorce someone just because " we aren't compatiable" or she needs to "find herself" I admit I there were things I could have done to be a better husband, but here I am at 27 years old with no kids.. and an ok job. I want a family and that is so important to me, I just want to be in love and have children. can anyone relate?
I can relate! I'm reasonably sure I can't make you see that you are actually lucky. I've been where you are, however, I wasn't 27, I was in my 40's and had over 20 years invested. It took me two years to realize she did me a huge favor. Like you, my wife was a cheater, but I didn't know it until the guilt got to be too much for her and she told me. The best part of your situation is no kids are involved. Are you happy with where you live? Have you thought of moving to a state where things and life styles are much different than what you are used to? All you have to worry about is a job, and they are available for the right person. As I've told other people who are going through a divorce, time is a great healer. How long it takes you to get over it depends on you, if you dwell on it and continue to wonder what you did wrong it will take longer than if you are able to put it out of your mind and move on. Listening to friends tell you what your ex is doing is no help. Having new surroundings can and will help.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
The divorce was start of the best thing that ever happened. It started the process that got me to where I am today. Happy, productive, all around life is good even with the headaches. As far as your ex and what she's doing, it is best to avoid and let what will be, be.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:53 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

Well, your state of mind is not in a good spot. Just be aware of that as you go forward. 27 is still a young man and still have a ways in front of you.

Don't feel like a loser and don't feel like it's too late for a wife and kids. It's not....

Hang in there, it will get better as time goes on. I know it sounds like a hack cliché, but it really is true.

Find some hobbies, try and get out there, look up some meetup groups to try new things.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:53 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
Quote:
Yeah, I also transferred all my savings that I saved over the years to a random person just because they wanted it. And her father was a banker. I only spent years of cossack life to earn it, so it's not a big deal, I'll earn the money again. Sure.

I really can't think of this as a serious story. It is so unconvincing. You say couples can't own a house mutually? You'd sell it and split the money then, you wouldn't believe how many couples are FORCED to sell the house after a divorce for various reasons. They often get very little because the house is still DECADES AWAY from being paid off. It often has so-called "negative equity".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships