Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,424 times

Advertisements

My ex fiancé broke things off back in 2004. According to her and her family, I was not a suitor and was not "economically viable." Issues of infidelity on her part and the fact she wanted it all (house, cars, vacations, etc.) is what lead to the break up. I was with her for 5 years - I had thought I knew this person, or at least I thought I did. The enormous pain and humiliations she caused my family was unforgivable and too lengthy a story and irrelevant in my life now. Needless to say I thank God I did not marry this person. I just moved back home with my parents after a seven year high school chemistry and physics teaching position in Maryland. I moved back home in 2013 in order to get my MBA and am also working to pay part my way through school. I am in my forties, and am single and happy. I have an engineering and high school teaching background.

Well now on to the crux of the story…..I was diving to my storage unit where I keep a few of my belongings, and having driven by it many times over, I noticed my ex’s name on a shingle outside of a business building. I did a double take. Later I went to the computer and looked it up. Indeed it was true. She is a practicing social worker at an office less than three miles from my parent’s home. She has been practicing at that location for at least 6 years. Wait, it gets more interesting. I did some digging around and found out she married a musician who teaches music, she has one kid, and bought a home less than 5 miles in the town where my family and I live!!! She has lived in that home for at least six years too. She has been to my parent’s home numerous times and knows full well where I live and that my family clan lives here in this town - cousins and all. I am so surprised we have not bumped into one another all these years. Aside from late night grocery shopping and long hours of study, I rarely outside of work ever shop in town. A little about her: she comes from a upper middle class family (daddy lawyer, mommy housewife with big inheritance), brother executive (big bucks), entitled princess, never lived outside of a short drive from her parents in Upstate NY. The town I live in is a suburb of Rochester NY. I am shocked to say the least. Why?!!! Why of all places on this earth did she ever have the temerity, gall, and nerve to move so close to where I live? She knows I live here.

Last edited by Cowboy25; 06-25-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Grow up. It's still a free country.

Maybe her husband is from the area or maybe she did it just to pizz you off.

She probably doesn't even remember your name. Forget about her.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Why not? She is not associated with you anymore. She is free to live wherever she wants.
Maybe she likes this area? Maybe her husband likes this area? Maybe it's convenient and close to her work.
Why all that snooping and why do you care?
She don't care about you anymore. She has her life, her family and you are her past.
Go on with your life.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
To reiterate Rakin's sentiment. It's a free country. She can live wherever she wants to live. She hasn't sought you out or done anything in malice so what is the big deal? You even said yourself you've never seen her when you were out and about.

She's over you...you need to move on as well. Stop "researching" her online.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:33 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Wow. Do you really think she is stalking you? She is being very subtle about it, isn't she.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
to make her underground network of cameras on your house easy to monitor and maintain obviously

Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
2 things here Cowboy : You did not marry her and saved yourself a costly and painful divorce with a custody battle if you had a child especially, And the house does not sound like its across the street from you. Out of sight, out of mind. She moved to the same region is all.

Concentrate on your life now. She's been out of the picture a while. Sounds like you will do just fine, As long as you don't analyze this and lose sleep over it.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I'll bet she's like Rose on Two and a Half Men. She probably sleeps under his porch at night.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Jesus H Rochester, who the #### cares what she does or where she lives. Pack your stuff and move to Schenectady. Get over it. Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy25 View Post
My ex fiancé broke things off back in 2004. According to her and her family, I was not a suitor and was not "economically viable." Issues of infidelity on her part and the fact she wanted it all (house, cars, vacations, etc.) is what lead to the break up. I was with her for 5 years - I had thought I knew this person, or at least I thought I did. The enormous pain and humiliations she caused my family was unforgivable and too lengthy a story and irrelevant in my life now. Needless to say I thank God I did not marry this person. I just moved back home with my parents after a seven year high school chemistry and physics teaching position in Maryland. I moved back home in 2013 in order to get my MBA and am also working to pay part my way through school. I am in my forties, and am single and happy. I have an engineering and high school teaching background.

Well now on to the crux of the story…..I was diving to my storage unit where I keep a few of my belongings, and having driven by it many times over, I noticed my ex’s name on a shingle outside of a business building. I did a double take. Later I went to the computer and looked it up. Indeed it was true. She is a practicing social worker at an office less than three miles from my parent’s home. She has been practicing at that location for at least 6 years. Wait, it gets more interesting. I did some digging around and found out she married a musician who teaches music, she has one kid, and bought a home less than 5 miles in the town where my family and I live!!! She has lived in that home for at least six years too. She has been to my parent’s home numerous times and knows full well where I live and that my family clan lives here in this town - cousins and all. I am so surprised we have not bumped into one another all these years. Aside from late night grocery shopping and long hours of study, I rarely outside of work ever shop in town. A little about her: she comes from a upper middle class family (daddy lawyer, mommy housewife with big inheritance), brother executive (big bucks), entitled princess, never lived outside of a short drive from her parents in Upstate NY. The town I live in is a suburb of Rochester NY. I am shocked to say the least. Why?!!! Why of all places on this earth did she ever have the temerity, gall, and nerve to move so close to where I live? She knows I live here.
Ok, I don't get this, do you own the town you live in? Who knows why she lives there, probably it was a situation where she happened to be offered a job there, or maybe that is where she met her hsuband and where his job was. You sound like you think she is stalking you or something. Obviously if you have not seen her all these years she is not searching you out. I don't think this is a big deal at all, I think you are making it out to be something it isn't. She has a new life and she is living it where she wants. Stop wasting your time doing searches on her and get on with your own life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships