Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM

49 posts, read 43,683 times

Advertisements

She has a car it's just under her mom's name. But she does use it 24/7. And with her living situation her house has a back room that would be a good space for her and the baby she says so she may still live at home for the time being but who knows. Her mom and his mom are egging on that they want them to have a kid too.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,327 times
Well, good luck to her. She's gonna need it! I think "wanting to have sex without a condom" is a dumb reason, because there are consequences. Now she risks raising a child alone, and even with him it just doesn't sound stable. I hope for her sake he can step up, and they can find a way afford it. Just because the gov't will give her a hand-out doesn't mean it's going to be easy, or it's going to be enough.

Oh, but their moms want them too, so yeah that really makes it a good thing! *eye roll* as long as they get their cute baby to play with, who cares if it's what's best, right? Sheesh!

Old 06-30-2013, 04:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygals View Post
. And again she thinks her of being 24 is a good time to have a kid.
That's a pretty selfish attitude. Children need a mother and a father and a loving home. She doesn't care about the kid, she just cares about what *she* wants.

If you added their IQs together you probably wouldn't get triple digits.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-30-2013, 04:40 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That's a pretty selfish attitude. Children need a mother and a father and a loving home. She doesn't care about the kid, she just cares about what *she* wants.

If you added their IQs together you probably wouldn't get triple digits.

20yrsinBranson
Amen. Age doesn't matter - maturity levels differ from person to person, at differing age. You can't just say that everyone should have a kid just because a certain birthday rolls around in their life.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:45 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Yeah I understand what all of you are saying. But I know my friend even if I told her don't walk into the wall she won't listen, go ask for advice from her boyfriend or her family and listen to them and not me and then not walk into the wall. Its like wtf we've been friends for how long and you listen to them and not me?

She says this guy loves her and wants to be with her and may marry her but then the marriage won't work because my friend says if you get married then welfare won't help you with money, food stamps, etc. If she says she's a single mom and he's a single dad coming in at different days or months then they both walk away with checks and help from the government she thinks so anyway.

This guy she is seeing again does have a job at this warehouse place or something like it so he's making a little bit of money. While she is working 2 jobs for now but still complains at the pay rate of it being minimum instead of 10 bucks or more.

I just see this to turn out badly in the end. Plus she's already talking about baby showers and she DOES NOT even know if she is pregnant. She thinks that her being 24 going on 25 is a good time to get pregnant etc.
WTF is wrong with your friend and her notion of thinking? She is thinking way to wrong. Your friend sounds like the thousands of women or maybe millions just like those who live in my neck of the woods. If her man is thinking of marrying her and he has a stable job as well as her, why the need to go on welfare to receive benefits? I can also see this turning out badly, if its not a enough money can applying for taf, welfare and food stamps might be your friends last resort. Generally couples like your friend with baby in the mix don't last long especially when it comes to those who receive public assistance. I have seen it all to well and children get caught in a cycle of depravation, that's something you don't want for your friend and her child. Like I said before my best bet is to probably for your friend to move in with the boyfriend and live with his mom for sometime until things weather out and at the same time remain stable as much as possible. Also is your friends boyfriends mom retired or disable, some people live with their parents due to the fact their parents are disable and need some care here and there! Also what region do your friends live in, if its the south it should not be so bad with living and child care cost, but if its the North EaSt like NYC and DC or the North West like SF or Seattle, your friend might be in trouble because these places are expensive to raise kids especially on your own like the majority of female residents who live in these places that do what your friend intends to!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 06-30-2013 at 04:53 PM..

Old 06-30-2013, 05:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
They are aware of birth control and condom use but I guess they wanted to have sex without either for once. A lot of people do have unprotected sex. I don't know or think that she's trying to trap him. And again she thinks her of being 24 is a good time to have a kid.
How is it that we seem to have a whole generation of people in their 20s who think the pill and condoms are the only forms of birth control? Is it some sort of weird sex ed curriculum that I don't know about? I have seen this dozens, maybe hundreds, of times.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:12 PM

She lives in Los Angeles, California in the valley ghetto area haha.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:15 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
P. T. Barnum said it best when he said "There's a sucker born every minute". If your friend does in fact find herself pregnant she hasn't been using her head. Maybe the mama's boy will marry her and maybe he won't, she should have found out before she dropped her panties. As an outsider, all you can really do is hope for the best and offer her your support.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:19 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,546 times
Quote:
Don't a lot of people tho?
Yes there are a great many sad people on this planet. I am so glad I am not one of them.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:21 PM

Again she won't probably get married because she says the welfare won't help a married couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships