Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 10:59 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,817,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not sure which is worse.... probably the "big throbbing donkey" one..... LOL.....
Bahahaha.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,577,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Sturgis. Wish I could get the heck out of town this week!
Reminds me of the High Point furniture market; while not anywhere near as wild just as annoying. They crowd the restaurants, streets while restaurants jack up their prices. We wouldn't go into town while the market was here.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:05 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,087,369 times
Throbbing animal parts....yeah I could do without that visual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Reminds me of the High Point furniture market; while not anywhere near as wild just as annoying. They crowd the restaurants, streets while restaurants jack up their prices. We wouldn't go into town while the market was here.
ohhhhh yeah those crazy furniture shoppers!! I bet they get out of control!

Old 08-05-2013, 08:35 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,563,642 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't go near the place but the bikers take over the whole area (we are a good 30+ miles away). There is no concert up there that is worth dealing with the aggravation. I recently saw a comment on Facebook calling people who rent their homes out to bikers greedy. Hey, if they can make a nice chunk of cash off of this, more power to 'em!

Old 08-05-2013, 08:35 AM

769 posts, read 977,757 times
I swear my weekends are so jammed and this one is the first one that I actually had fun.

Friday - Sat by the pool and drank with girlfriends. In theory it was wonderful. Bad thing..I hadn't eaten all day SO the wine consumed made me rather ill at 3 am. I am not drinking wine for a while becuase seeing it later one was not that thrilling. I think it was the beer that I had that messed me up over the wine. I had lounge chair spins.

Saturday - Sat by the pool and toasted myself. Hard to get tan when you wear 80 sunblock but I am so white that I glow. Went out to dinner and the Reggae Festival. I didn't drink..actually watched the drunk college kids and laughed.

Sunday - no pool. Went and spent some time with the horse and got to know some of the other boarder's. Got provided some serious entertainment. They are catching the wild boars and feral pigs since the mess up the farm land. There is going to be a pig roast in september. They would allow people to come hunt on the property but are afraid of them shooting each other. Red necks, guns, and beer. Great mix! Also got my new tv and cursed like a sailor hooking it up. For an IT person I totally suck at doing anything electroic.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 AM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
I swear my weekends are so jammed and this one is the first one that I actually had fun.

Friday - Sat by the pool and drank with girlfriends. In theory it was wonderful. Bad thing..I hadn't eaten all day SO the wine consumed made me rather ill at 3 am. I am not drinking wine for a while becuase seeing it later one was not that thrilling. I think it was the beer that I had that messed me up over the wine. I had lounge chair spins.

Saturday - Sat by the pool and toasted myself. Hard to get tan when you wear 80 sunblock but I am so white that I glow. Went out to dinner and the Reggae Festival. I didn't drink..actually watched the drunk college kids and laughed.

Sunday - no pool. Went and spent some time with the horse and got to know some of the other boarder's. Got provided some serious entertainment. They are catching the wild boars and feral pigs since the mess up the farm land. There is going to be a pig roast in september. They would allow people to come hunt on the property but are afraid of them shooting each other. Red necks, guns, and beer. Great mix! Also got my new tv and cursed like a sailor hooking it up. For an IT person I totally suck at doing anything electroic.
I'm not in IT per se, but I do a lot of programming and networking and other "techie" type things for my job and I gotta say, when on my down time, I don't want to solve "techie" problems. I'm sort of IT support for the family, but as of late, just don't want to deal with stuff in my off time.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM

769 posts, read 977,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not in IT per se, but I do a lot of programming and networking and other "techie" type things for my job and I gotta say, when on my down time, I don't want to solve "techie" problems. I'm sort of IT support for the family, but as of late, just don't want to deal with stuff in my off time.
Nothing frustrates me more than trying to set up electronics. It still isn't working right but need to call ComCast..which means I will end up talking to a call center in India and curse more.

I have to figure out what to do with the old tv. There is nothing wrong with it, just got something a little smarter that has wifi and I can hook my laptop up to it. I have to order a new cord for it and may just donate it to a non-profit around here.

I still have so much to unpack but it is getting there. I need to buy some shelfing to put stuff. I have PLENTY of closet space (finally).

Old 08-05-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Throbbing animal parts....yeah I could do without that visual.

ohhhhh yeah those crazy furniture shoppers!! I bet they get out of control!
You should see it, two weeks out of the year the city rolls out it's best and really puts on a show for these pricks.The other 50 weeks they tell their own people to go f*** themselves. The worst part is the restaurants jacking up their prices, some even have "market" menus. It's not like the restaurants hurt the other 50 weeks unlike the hotels in that city. They say the market is so huge and does so much for the economy yet we don't notice it at all where we live now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Yeah, I don't go near the place but the bikers take over the whole area (we are a good 30+ miles away). There is no concert up there that is worth dealing with the aggravation. I recently saw a comment on Facebook calling people who rent their homes out to bikers greedy. Hey, if they can make a nice chunk of cash off of this, more power to 'em!
I knew quite a few who rent their houses out for the market, they can make a nice chunk especially if the people stay the duration.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
Nothing frustrates me more than trying to set up electronics. It still isn't working right but need to call ComCast..which means I will end up talking to a call center in India and curse more.

I have to figure out what to do with the old tv. There is nothing wrong with it, just got something a little smarter that has wifi and I can hook my laptop up to it. I have to order a new cord for it and may just donate it to a non-profit around here.

I still have so much to unpack but it is getting there. I need to buy some shelfing to put stuff. I have PLENTY of closet space (finally).
Anymore everthing is color coordinated, baffles me how one could get it wrong.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,087,369 times
Quote:
Anymore everthing is color coordinated, baffles me how one could get it wrong.
yellow in yellow
red in red
white in white

It gets confusing when there are lots of components and no colors.
When my smartboard ****s the bed I only know so much in the way of trouble shooting...then I call IT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships