Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:51 PM

18 posts, read 15,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Let's go ahead and reprogram your brain right now. Which is more important to you...Having deep conversations with girls which never lead anywhere romantically or having a fling/gf? The other benefit of getting better with women is that once you start routinely getting numbers and are hanging out with them, even if you never get beyond friends, they may have a single friend who are into these kinds of deep conversations you enjoy.

Regardless, therapy isn't a bad idea...You should seriously consider looking into it as the weight loss has affected your self esteem.
Well, the reason those conversations have never lead anywhere is because I didn't pursue them, so I can't really say with certainty that they were useless. Also, i've said that I don't want a fling, but rather something long-term. Not that i don't agree with you, I do, it's just that it seems like you are giving this advice because you are recommending a path that i don't want to follow.

I don't know where you deduced that weight loss lead to self-esteem issues. I would say they were there before the weight loss as well, but i find it a bit strange that you can make such a big statement based on so little information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 02:55 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,464 times
This thread is a living proof that prostitution needs to be legalized and there's no reason why prostitution shouldn't be a legalized profession either, given that it'd guarantee bigger sexual satisfaction of everyone, and it'd be a lot safer in regards to the fact that tests should be done regularly to reduce chances of sexual diseases.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:01 PM

18 posts, read 15,608 times
I'm not sure why this thread became more about sex, when it is the relationship process that i'm more concerned about. I mean, once i'm in a relationship, the sex will naturally follow, so for me the goal is getting into a relationship at the moment.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:04 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
hire a professional,,and leave a good tip

Old 07-06-2013, 03:13 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parklife2 View Post
I'm not sure why this thread became more about sex, when it is the relationship process that i'm more concerned about.
The problem is that you are a normal person who wants normal stuff, and most of the guys who will give you advice on this forum are not .

You are doing great -- you are doing all the right things to find a partner: getting yourself in shape physically and emotionally, having female friends, asking out women you like, messaging women on dating sites.

Be aware that, even for people who learned all this stuff in high school, it commonly takes 6 months to two years to find a partner who is compatible for an LTR. You have to consider a lot of candidates before you find one who really fits you, and you fit her. You are not failing if it doesn't happen instantly .

The only think I can think to add to what you are doing so far. is watching romcoms as if they are lessons on nonverbal body language. (And staying away from PUA sites, which are really just about how to date-rape women.)

In our culture, women initiate most dating. And they do it nonverbally. Your role as a man is to notice which women are sending you 'initiating' signals, and, if you like one or more of them, go up and talk to her.

If you try to chat up a woman who has not first sent you the signals, she will be confused and possibly rude. She will think you are weird. (Maybe even dangerous, depending on context.)

I have no idea if this is the case with you, but most young guys who have trouble with women, it turns out their problem is with the nonverbal stuff. So, study up .

Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 PM

Oh, and send me a pm if you want me to look at your online profile and offer suggestions.

You have words in it, right? And a pic that shows your face, and one that shows your body, and no stupid stuff like cars or blacked out women?

PS: I once made a rule for myself that I would consider 100 guys before picking one. Most of those guys, I asked them out (or just chatted them up and then decided we were not compatible enough.) I recommend this method if, like me, you find it takes the pressure off for instant results.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:24 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
The problem is that you are a normal person who wants normal stuff, and most of the guys who will give you advice on this forum are not .

You are doing great -- you are doing all the right things to find a partner: getting yourself in shape physically and emotionally, having female friends, asking out women you like, messaging women on dating sites.

Be aware that, even for people who learned all this stuff in high school, it commonly takes 6 months to two years to find a partner who is compatible for an LTR. You have to consider a lot of candidates before you find one who really fits you, and you fit her. You are not failing if it doesn't happen instantly .

The only think I can think to add to what you are doing so far. is watching romcoms as if they are lessons on nonverbal body language. (And staying away from PUA sites, which are really just about how to date-rape women.)

In our culture, women initiate most dating. And they do it nonverbally. Your role as a man is to notice which women are sending you 'initiating' signals, and, if you like one or more of them, go up and talk to her.

If you try to chat up a woman who has not first sent you the signals, she will be confused and possibly rude. She will think you are weird. (Maybe even dangerous, depending on context.)

I have no idea if this is the case with you, but most young guys who have trouble with women, it turns out their problem is with the nonverbal stuff. So, study up .

That's too long. Here's what 90% of guys did and how they go in U.S.: push for sex my friend, that removes woman to play around you and will get you her full attention, do it within 2-5 dates, dump her if she refuses. If sex occurs, make sure you wear protection and do all precautions to avoid pregnancy. Practice your skills to make women like you. Learn to figure out what they want and always try to make yourself interesting, learn from your mistakes.

That's pretty much all he needs to know and all that an average Joe does while dating in the United States. It's also the best and single most effective dating (and mating) strategy.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:43 PM

72 posts, read 206,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
That's too long. Here's what 90% of guys did and how they go in U.S.: push for sex my friend, that removes woman to play around you and will get you her full attention, do it within 2-5 dates, dump her if she refuses. If sex occurs, make sure you wear protection and do all precautions to avoid pregnancy. Practice your skills to make women like you. Learn to figure out what they want and always try to make yourself interesting, learn from your mistakes.

That's pretty much all he needs to know and all that an average Joe does while dating in the United States. It's also the best and single most effective dating (and mating) strategy.

This guy knows what he's talking about. If want to get different results, you need to start making some changes. Learn some pua, be more aggressive, and like the man above me said, if she's playing around and not putting by the third date (max), leave. Make your conversations with women more sexual, too. Trying to have an intellectual conversation with a woman is the quickest way to get friendzoned.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parklife2 View Post
sorry, I don't follow? can you please clarify.
You may only like to talk about deep, meanignful stuff, but it is nearly impossible to approach and get to know a stranger by starting off with the deep stuff.

Usually you START with the basics, small talk about trivial stuff, and build up to the deep stuff.

And ignore the bullsh*t about PUA and hiring a prostitute. That will only make you "better" at hiring a prostitute.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:00 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships