Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he a Player?
Player 7 63.64%
Give Him a Chance 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 12:31 PM

27 posts, read 24,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I am a piece of work so thank you for that compliment

You would know if I was trying to pick a fight lol sorry to disappoint you but being 25 I'm a little more mature than that. You posted a stupid thread and I gave my opinion. If you didn't want honest opinions you should not have posted in a PUBLIC FORUM where people give their opinions

Hard to believe but I am a good girl, I don't really drink and I haven't been drunk for roughly 4 years however when I was younger of course I got drunk but I've never kissed anyone gave my number out or went home with a guy after a night out, It's not my character.

I have no frustration I'm just honest, if you can't take that then don't post on public forums
Giving an opinion and making assertions are two different things. Now, perhaps it is that you are a little older than me but I obviously made a mistake about drinking, but am I to regret it? Certainly not, I just entered my 20s and see every experience good or bad as a learning one and nothing more. Just like you, I have never gone out and went home with a stranger. I may have got drunk, but like you said you've been drunk too, so I don't see how that can hardly qualify me as less than a saint than you--if we are going to continue with the who's a saint who isn't a saint game.

I simply posted on, yes a very public forum, because after I made my decision to write this guy off a few of my friends chewed me out for it. I wanted to make sure that my view of the situation was aligned properly, I don't want to go around misjudging people unfairly because I'm too critical in my judgment, but I also don't want to take bad advice from friends who don't have a sound perspective on the whole dating scene.

I still think you like to take a **** at people from the comfort of your computer screen, but hey that's alright like I said, I don't know you, you don't know me so your assertions aren't really valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Why not go out on a real date with this guy and find out for yourself. None of us know either of you, but if you are attracted to him, go out to dinner and a movie. Don't drink. Don't go to a club. Spend a Saturday afternoon just having fun. Do the things that would tell you exactly what kind of person he is. It might be that your male friend is starting to get jealous and is afraid of this new guy taking up all of your time.

What are you really looking for? A good time? LTR? Marriage? If you want a long-term relationship that could end in marriage, then skip the club scene with him. Find a common interest and go from there. And have fun!
Originally, I hadn't really gave much thought to seeing him again because I knew me making out with him while I had been drinking, only left room for the assumption to be made that, if given a date there was a possibility for round 2. But after a few months of him trying and my friends telling me I wasn't being fair, not giving him a chance, judging him too harshly, my male friend telling me he was a gentleman to then saying he's a player, got me confused and made me second guess my original perspective on things.

I just got out of a 2 year relationship in the earlier part of the year and so I'm not too concerned with jumping into another relationship but I also don't want to be with someone that is only interested in playing me for a fool--regardless of an impression made from one night.

So, you know, I don't think I am. I feel that if I have to asks this many questions about a person out of uncertainty then it's probably best to leave the situation and the person alone.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:43 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryOr View Post
Giving an opinion and making assertions are two different things. Now, perhaps it is that you are a little older than me but I obviously made a mistake about drinking, but am I to regret it? Certainly not, I just entered my 20s and see every experience good or bad as a learning one and nothing more. Just like you, I have never gone out and went home with a stranger. I may have got drunk, but like you said you've been drunk too, so I don't see how that can hardly qualify me as less than a saint than you--if we are going to continue with the who's a saint who isn't a saint game.

I simply posted on, yes a very public forum, because after I made my decision to write this guy off a few of my friends chewed me out for it. I wanted to make sure that my view of the situation was aligned properly, I don't want to go around misjudging people unfairly because I'm too critical in my judgment, but I also don't want to take bad advice from friends who don't have a sound perspective on the whole dating scene.

I still think you like to take a **** at people from the comfort of your computer screen, but hey that's alright like I said, I don't know you, you don't know me so your assertions aren't really valid.

Come on really? I think it's been established that I'm nothing like you

Now I don't wish to continue this little farce as I'm enjoying a very nice day however make no mistake about me sitting in the comfort of home behind a computer screen, 1) I'm using my phone and 2) I'm extremely opinionated and honest IRL I speak my mind as that's that.

It was most enjoyable speaking with you

Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Come on really? I think it's been established that I'm nothing like you

Now I don't wish to continue this little farce as I'm enjoying a very nice day however make no mistake about me sitting in the comfort of home behind a computer screen, 1) I'm using my phone and 2) I'm extremely opinionated and honest IRL I speak my mind as that's that.

It was most enjoyable speaking with you
Continue on

Old 07-14-2013, 12:46 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryOr View Post
Originally, I hadn't really gave much thought to seeing him again because I knew me making out with him while I was drunk left a big chance for him to only assume getting me on a date can leave room for round 2. But after a few months of him trying and my friends telling me I wasn't being fair, not giving him a chance, judging him too harshly, my male friend telling me he was a gentleman to then saying he's a player, got me confused and made me second guess my original perspective on things.

I just got out of a 2 year relationship in the earlier part of the year and so I'm not too concerned with jumping into another relationship but I also don't want to be with someone that is only interested in playing me for a fool--regardless of what one night may have left him with an impression of. So, you know, I don't think I am. I feel that if I have to asks this many questions about a person out of uncertainty then it's probably best to leave the situation and the person alone.
OP - you're the only one capable of making yourself into a fool.

If going out with him and making out is fun for you - then stop over thinking and do it. Make sure you're using protection if it gets that far, and keep your drinks to a minimum.

It's really that simple. It almost sounds as if you're expecting commitment - when you just met him.

Just have fun and enjoy it.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:46 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Lol you are certainly not innocent if he was "trying" to have sex with you then you were obviously leading him to believe that's where things were goingDid the guy force you to kiss him? Force you to do anything? If not then you were a willing participant in your antics so stop acting like the good little virgin

However if he tried to rape you as you're so sweetly trying to suggest then call the police.
I'm more on your side than the OP, but I don't 100% agree with your post.

She's with some friends, she wants to drink, OK. BUT she's introduced to a guy, and proceeds to drink heavily and get drunk anyway, while talking to the new guy, and proceeds to make out with him. At his point, the guy thinks she's easy and will probably get laid, and makes a move. She declines, but now the guy thinks it's a challenge and proceeds to ask her out a few more times, and even invites her over to his house cuz he has this sweet guest bed room.

I think she made the huge mistake in getting drunk with a guy whom she'd only met once, that's HER fault, which sent signals to the guy that she is probably willing to have sex and then proceeds to make out with him.

OP, this is coming from a guy who is genuinely nice, who does not seek to take advantage of people whether they are drunk or not. My opinion is: if this guy was a "genuinely nice guy" he would not have tried to take advantage of you while your were drunk. In fact, I'd have lost interest in you when you decided to put more effort in finding the bottom of a beer bottle than having more interest in getting to know me better.

BTW, where were your friends at when this guy was making out with you and probably doing more to you than just kissing? They probably knew you were drunk and not aware of the situation, or were they all drunk as well?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm more on your side than the OP, but I don't 100% agree with your post.

She's with some friends, she wants to drink, OK. BUT she's introduced to a guy, and proceeds to drink heavily and get drunk anyway, while talking to the new guy, and proceeds to make out with him. At his point, the guy thinks she's easy and will probably get laid, and makes a move. She declines, but now the guy thinks it's a challenge and proceeds to ask her out a few more times, and even invites her over to his house cuz he has this sweet guest bed room.

I think she made the huge mistake in getting drunk with a guy whom she'd only met once, that's HER fault, which sent signals to the guy that she is probably willing to have sex and then proceeds to make out with him.

OP, this is coming from a guy who is genuinely nice, who does not seek to take advantage of people whether they are drunk or not. My opinion is: if this guy was a "genuinely nice guy" he would not have tried to take advantage of you while your were drunk. In fact, I'd have lost interest in you when you decided to put more effort in finding the bottom of a beer bottle than having more interest in getting to know me better.

BTW, where were your friends at when this guy was making out with you and probably doing more to you than just kissing? They probably knew you were drunk and not aware of the situation, or were they all drunk as well?
I agree drinking with guys that you don't know isn't something you should do. But perhaps, to give a little more insight into the situation, the night was originally planned to be just a harmless girls night out in the city. A male friend of ours hears that we are planning to head into the city and he asks if he could come along as he has some guy friends in the city and how they can get us into this exclusive lounge (one of my friends was under 21). I'm not really into clubs and such but I LOVE going into the city and it beat staying on our boring campus on a weekend. We end up meeting up with these guys at one of their houses and they suggest pregaming beforehand because of the friend who wouldn't be able to go to the bar at the lounge. Originally, I was going to just wait until we got to the lounge but my friend really wanted to pregame because she didn't want to be the only sober one at the lounge--I thought it would be a bit odd letting her be the only one pregaming, so I, our male friend, and another friend of ours joined in. The drinks were really fruity, so to be honest I could hardly taste the alcohol and lost track of how much I had.

Basically we (my female friends) let our guards down because we felt comfortable around each other and our male friend had made his guy friends seem like his guy friends were complete gentleman, so none of us were thinking about the potential outcome of the night. Rookie mistake--uh yeah, I definitely know that now. And one of my friends was out making out with the other guy, and our male friend kinda just stood around and let things escalate to where they did. When I finally started putting things together, we all decided to leave.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:21 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
I am a piece of work so thank you for that compliment

You would know if I was trying to pick a fight lol sorry to disappoint you but being 25 I'm a little more mature than that. You posted a stupid thread and I gave my opinion. If you didn't want honest opinions you should not have posted in a PUBLIC FORUM where people give their opinions

Hard to believe but I am a good girl, I don't really drink and I haven't been drunk for roughly 4 years however when I was younger of course I got drunk but I've never kissed anyone gave my number out or went home with a guy after a night out, It's not my character.

I have no frustration I'm just honest, if you can't take that then don't post on public forums

You made me chuckle with these two things.........

I haven't been drunk for more years than you have been born.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:40 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Hes not a player, he just crush a lot.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You made me chuckle with these two things.........

I haven't been drunk for more years than you have been born.
Lol it's a horrible experience I hate feeling out of control and feeling like **** the next day isn't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships