Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:45 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
I was curious, plus we aren't really dating. We just hook up.

This response is the complete opposite of what you said in your OP. You've proven your credibilty so I doubt anyone will take you seriously now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
Why is it always the same people on dating sites?
Maybe they are the gigolos or Don Juans

Old 07-16-2013, 01:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
I noticed this as well. I quit online dating for a year then started it again and saw the same people and the same people were often in the forums complaining. I lurk at a paid site with a forum and all these people are complaining they can't find anyone but when I was a member many of the men bypassed me and the women. The reason is because to them we were too old (they wanted women in their 20's even the men in their 60's). Not sure about the women, but many (probably most)were on for years because they were delusional.

However it is a possibility they just haven't removed their profile. My profile is still on two sites, not because I am interested but because in one case I talk to a few people there (oddly mostly women)and the other I don't get that many responses so I keep forgetting to remove it. Sometimes I get responses from both and I will tell the men I'm not there looking.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Probably because some of the women had sex with certain guys they met and never heard from them again.

That's why you see some women in their ad saying........."if you are on here for sex then I'm not the one"

That statement confirms they already gave it up and was never contacted again which is why I skip those profiles
WRONG. My profile always stated that and I never had sex with any of the men I met online. In fact the most I ever did with any was give one a hug after we had gotten together a couple of times as friends.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I never realized wanting a guy to have a job, support himself (ya know, like an adult) and be single was asking way too much. When did the bare minimum become some lofty expectation?

As for online dating, I did it because I am flawed and weird. I don't get approached or asked out and I was hoping to find someone who was perhaps as 'niche' a prospect as myself. I did make a lot of friends, but after nearly 4 years of on-off online dating it never resulted in any type of relationship. I'm just not a very desirable person so I've put off dating for the foreseeable future.

Well maybe I shouldn't have listed employed because you should be working if you are planning to date

Old 07-16-2013, 02:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
WRONG. My profile always stated that and I never had sex with any of the men I met online. In fact the most I ever did with any was give one a hug after we had gotten together a couple of times as friends.

People who you have seen on dating sites for months have met people face to face. Now if they are online and haven't met anyone for months that means they are not that attractive

JMO

Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
People who you have seen on dating sites for months have met people face to face. Now if they are online and haven't met anyone for months that means they are not that attractive

JMO
What has that got to do with having had sex with people on the sites? my profile was on for months but I had the no sex mentioned (and yes I met a few).

Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Online dating statistics (very interesting!):

Online Dating Statistics | Statistic Brain
From that article: "A woman’s desirablility online peaks at 21". That's pretty depressing.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:24 PM

I was bored so I was looking at Craigslist ads. There's a guy there who has been on for at least a year, probably more. He is mid 40's but looking early 20's only. Sometimes for a joke I will email him and claim to be a young woman but then I get bored of him. I want to tell him give it up dude if it hasn't worked in a year or longer it won't.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
From that article: "A woman’s desirablility online peaks at 21". That's pretty depressing.
I don't know if I believe that particular stat but yes I did far better in my 20's than I did last bout. In my last 20's when I did online dating I had many responses. Now? not good at all. Outside of a few men I met (and a few who I talk to strictly as friends) not much came from the sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships