Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 08:40 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times

Advertisements

I have bought those for my girlfriend and I even asked a female who worked at the store if they were the right kind. I see no issue with it.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:52 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I recently had a vicious nose bleed that the doc had to pack my nose with tampon like material, complete with strings hanging off my face.

Material for conversation I'm sure. Lol

Yo, Kotex-face! Sorry, that was rude. Yo, tampon-like material-face! There, that's better.
I hope the nose-packing worked? Sounds traumatic! My sister was prone to nose bleeds and we used to have to shove cotton up her nose regularly. It wasn't the most fun hobby. Hope you're all better now.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:11 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norstromos View Post
As weird as it may sound, I find having sex with a woman on her period...interesting. So when my woman asked me to I said sure, but I get to have sex anyway, she agreed lol.
It is actually not that uncommon. It is a great excuse to have some fun in the shower too.

There are also techniques that some women use to control the amount of bleeding during intercourse. Much of the time the men don't know.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:27 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,725 times
I actually had this conversation with my 18 yr old son yesterday -- buying feminine hygiene products for a GF or SO in the future.

He said "When you think about it, buying toilet paper to wipe crap off your butt is grosser and people don't hide when they buy that."

Old 06-21-2016, 12:41 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Don't and never have had a problem buying feminine products for my lady. But...don't have to worry about tampons or pads anymore. Its that time of life. Now its just rolling with the punches on mood swings, hot flashes, and such. But there are other products to be picked up ....a d k have no issue with them either. Whatever I can do to help. Some of these things are more embarrassing for her than me. Its an...emotional enough time for her.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:07 PM

23 posts, read 15,401 times
I save a ton buying them used on eBay, just a quick squeeze and a rinse, good to go!

It reminds me of reloading ammunition.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:28 PM

36,550 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
It is actually not that uncommon. It is a great excuse to have some fun in the shower too.

There are also techniques that some women use to control the amount of bleeding during intercourse. Much of the time the men don't know.
Is that the same technique women use so they don't get pregnant when being "legitimately raped". The body just shuts the whole thing down?

Old 06-21-2016, 01:37 PM

52,293 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Yo, Kotex-face! Sorry, that was rude. Yo, tampon-like material-face! There, that's better.
I hope the nose-packing worked? Sounds traumatic! My sister was prone to nose bleeds and we used to have to shove cotton up her nose regularly. It wasn't the most fun hobby. Hope you're all better now.
LOL @ koteck face.

I never usually get nose bleeds, it started at a wedding reception of all places. I couldn't get it to stop, it finally did and we left the reception and when we go to Mrs. Chow's mother's house to drop her off, it started again.

We went to an urgent care center and they packed it and they told me if it started up again to go to an emergency room. Well by the time we got home from the urgent care center it was still going. By now I'm starting to get a little nervous so we head off to the emergency room, I walk in covered in blood, my shirt was a mess as was my face. LOL

Fun day, that trip cost me 800 bucks. Gotta love the current state of medical care. All the doc did was have me squeeze my nose and then they put a clamp on my nose and it finally stopped.

3 minutes with an ER doc and that's how much money I got soaked for.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:42 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
at the grocery store?
I know this is an old thread that popped up again, but I really do not understand why a person would have trouble buying any product for their significant other. We all know women have periods. Its just a simple product and buying it might help your partner save a trip to the store. Why would anyone not buy a product for their parter? I understand having to get some help if yo do not know the brand or type, but otherwsie, why would anyone care about this. Are periods so taboo?

Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM

36,550 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I usually stand in front of this wall of products thinking, what was it she said get? Whats worse than buying feminine products is having to go back and exchange it.
Exchange them? Really there are two basic kinds, one plugs and one catches, how hard is that. I think most women could make do with what ever you brought back. Anything beats a wad of paper towels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships