Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 12:18 AM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Large metro areas do not automatically equate to an equal population distribution, both in terms of gender and age. For example, last week, there was a speed dating event here for ages 22-35. It sold out for the men. Tomorrow, there is a speed dating event for 32-49. It is sold out for women. Saturday, another speed dating company has an event for ages 40-50. In the last hour, it has been posted to Facebook and two Meetup groups for men only-it's full for women. A third company has one next weekend 50-65. Sold out for women.

Meetup events, be it happy hours, game nights, lectures, sporting events, you name it around here typically have a ratio of 6:1 women over men once you hit mid-30's to about 50.
Interesting. I would posit that this data is fairly consistent with an even gender age distribution in a large enough dataset, as I think it gets to something I brought up on another thread regarding marrying young.

That is, women have in many ways, a more difficult economic - social construct in their lives, in that, their peak ages of attractiveness for marriage (and children, if desired) to potential partners generally corresponds to the time when they need to devote to education and early career years - if ,they want to have one and be economically independent, irrespective of having a husband.

So it seems logical that this type of inversion in gender ratio flips at around mid 30s for the sexes.

I think the growing prevalence of looking at relationships with an 'economic mindset' will over time make it worse for women (to find men) as I think the way mass media and technology is 'socially programming' the populace that many men may eschew women over time for an idealized high tech version of robotic 'real doll' type women to simply fulfill the selfish physical desires.

Men's overall general weighting of visual and physical higher than women in a relationship does not portend well for women who rather (in general) desire the time element to build a relationship (the slow unfolding) and growth in comfort level through shared time and companionship 'testing for nesting' vs the men's (in general) wanting to accelerate the physical activity likely makes for worsening conditions compounded by a media that delights in setting up most everything as an "us" versus "them" battle between sexes. Add to that the non correlating sexual drive patterns and not a good combination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Because "Men are like buses, there'll be another one in a few minutes."

This was the sort of thing my mom used to say.....

Yeah, how special is that for a young man to have to hear growing up........

My mom was a ****ing nutjob........ it's good to get some perspective as you get older.......

Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Because "Men are like buses, there'll be another one in a few minutes."

This was the sort of thing my mom used to say.....

Yeah, how special is that for a young man to have to hear growing up........

My mom was a ****ing nutjob........ it's good to get some perspective as you get older.......
Your mom should have joined C-D. That's just the sort of distorted reality that's C-D's stock-in-trade.
Well, maybe for your mom, men were like buses. But a lot of women end up walking, because there's no bus line serving their neighborhood....

Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your mom should have joined C-D. That's just the sort of distorted reality that's C-D's stock-in-trade.
Well, maybe for your mom, men were like buses. But a lot of women end up walking, because there's no bus line serving their neighborhood....
hahaha i like it

Old 07-19-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
My mom was a good looking woman, she looked like Wynonna Ryder when she was younger.......I think that is why she had a cold attitude about men... she knew they were always coming on to her.....

I only got a little perspective as I got older about how ****ed up my mother was in interaction with men... but that's Ok.... it has had little effect on me as I'm aware of it...... specially as I got older I gotta lot of perspective on human motivations as I got older.....

She was a nut job and really didn't have any business having kids...

That is best left for another thread.....

Old 07-19-2013, 01:08 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Hey, Chow, in the context of this thread topic I've been wanting to ask you. They keep saying here that women just bounce from one relationship to another. When you met Mrs. Chow, had she recently been in a relationship, or had she ever had one? How long since her previous boyfriend? You posted you'd met her in a grocery store, right?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Hey, Chow, in the context of this thread topic I've been wanting to ask you. They keep saying here that women just bounce from one relationship to another. When you met Mrs. Chow, had she recently been in a relationship, or had she ever had one? How long since her previous boyfriend? You posted you'd met her in a grocery store, right?
Mrs. Chow has basically had a boyfriend since 2nd grade, LOL. After her last one at age 28, she "swore off" relationships. Until she met the Chowdog.

We met at a neighborhood bar, not a grocery store.

As an aside, we're celebrating our 21st "anniversary" this month.

EDIT: We met when Mrs. Chow was 28. She swore off a few years before that...

Last edited by Chowhound; 07-19-2013 at 02:21 AM..

Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Men looking for sex will approach just about any woman. Even unattractive girls are getting attention now days. Lot of desperate "THIRSTY" dudes out here.

Some women are just in that stage where they crave attention.

So true bro. I have to admit that I had my fairshare of women who I was not attracted to physically, or even emotionally. Even though we clicked I was not physically attracted. This is something that Im going to have to stop doing and be just be honest and up front. At least I'm not shallow at the end of the day.

Quote:
Most of these women end up SHARING A MAN. Can't tell you how many ladies I know that are SIDE CHICKS and refuse to leave the relationship. Very sad.
You are reading my mind. This is very common in the NYC metro area. Plenty of women do not know that they are still side piece for many men, but most women assume that their man are not with anyone else and believe they are in an exclusive relationship. This iscthe only benefit of livingin an area where single women out number single men, if your good looking or have money, drive a nice ride, women will pill up on your feet right regardless if your single or not. Also these same type of women do bounce around from one dude to the next if option A, B and C fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I have a hard time believing that women have a tougher time finding men. I think most women can find a man if the put themselves out there. Sure it might not be exactly what they want but they can find a man. That is why people say that dating websites have way more men than women. Prostitution exists because obviously women are in way more demand, regardless of the reason. It is the demands that people impose on themselves and on the other gender that makes it difficult to find a partner.

From my observation most women do not have a hard time finding a man. I know a lady who wanted to set me up with her daughter. Hervdaughter is sexy, big butt, nice rack, Latina, but also a high school drop out, single mom of two kids and constantly in and out of relationships with different men. This lady liked my qualities like that I have a stable job, educated, set goals in life, never been to jail, and she wanted her daughter to be with a man like me, but I couls not do it. Any how another man comes along and gives her baby number 3 and they are happily ever after.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:49 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
31 year old man here. Get approached by lonely 40+ year old professional women ALL THE TIME. Nothing wrong with a woman approaching. If I were into older women I would have them lined up. Unfortunately I don't know too many 30 year old men that want to marry a women in her late 30's or 40's. Many will sleep with these ladies. Few will actually consider marrying them. Sorry ladies....truth is....the young women will always win out over the older ones.
And for the record...a woman definitely loses value to a man AS SHE AGES. Just the way it is.

THE BEST THING A WOMAN IN HER 30'S & 40'S CAN DO IF SHE WANTS TO FIND A HUSBAND IS....
(1) Get rid of the emotional baggage.
(2) Develop a fun outgoing personality
(3) STAY IN THE BEST PHYSICAL SHAPE POSSIBLE.

Otherwise you will just be one of many lost in the bunch.
Totally agree. Sometimes they dont need all 3 but a mix of two. Outgoing personality is by far the important. I see too many single mom bbws you still think they are hot stuff and they do get men. Overall rep.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:04 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
I've always heard about women who have constantly been in a relationship since they were 16. They seem to find men really quickly. Aren't they picky at all? It always takes time to find someone that you are really attracted to, good chemistry, great personality.

Yet these women are never single. How do they find guys so quickly?
They can find men to spend time with, but both men and women have to seek to find someone they can believe and love. This goal is more difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships