Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:00 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Very tall women, if they're thin, are considered "statuesque", which is a good thing. Men generally find them attractive. Wasn't it Margaux Hemingway who was a successful model, and she was somewhere around 5'10? I know a woman who's tall and thin, and even though she's in her 60's and her face shows her age, she still has a lot of men hitting on her. But Jet has brains and personality to beat the band! It seems that there are a lot of men who don't care about that, though; elegant but airheaded is fine with them. I still think Jet will find her guy someday, though.
Not a good example. She committed suicide. Doubt the suicide had anything to do with her height, though--she suffered from depression, and suicide is a Hemingway family tradition.

I do remember at the height of her success she had married and was having a house built with custom counter tops, sinks, etc., all raised five or six inches higher than normal. I was envious of that. The world isn't built for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Well, I was just saying, that tall women are considered attractive. But they do have to be thin for that. Tall, thin and elegant makes guys go, "WOW! Who's THAT?!"

Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eh, I think she was 6'0 or 5'11, never really found out.

I still have trouble believing this, 120 lbs at 6'1 is SICKLY for a woman.
I knew a woman once who was that height and weight. She was SKINNY.

I think my skeleton weighs more than 120 lbs.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Well, I was just saying, that tall women are considered attractive. But they do have to be thin for that. Tall, thin and elegant makes guys go, "WOW! Who's THAT?!"
I don't know. I was tall and thin for most of my life until I had my daughter at 33. I don't think anyone ever said, "WOW, Who's THAT?"

Maybe I simply wasn't elegant enough.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 PM

753 posts, read 1,482,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
Haven't you heard "there are no ugly women"? I seriously think only 25-30% of women are unattractive. The rest (70-75%) can use heels, makeup, push-up bras, skirts, a good workout routine, and other techniques to make themselves look attractive. The number of products for women is just mind-boggling. Seriously!!

Have you seen some of the pics of hot women without makeup? A good deal of them are fairly hideous or look like men without makeup. Women have a lot to work with accentuate your cleavage, your legs, your butt... The difference between a lot of so-called hot women, is that they pay attention to alot of this stuff.

Men could also improve a lot, just by getting a good haircut, working out and maintain a style and mannerism that is attractive to women.
Does reading this post make anyone else incredibly tired? Just hearing of all the stuff I should apparently be doing is exhausting.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankywithakeyboard View Post
Does reading this post make anyone else incredibly tired? Just hearing of all the stuff I should apparently be doing is exhausting.
There's a bit in Tina Fey's book where she talks about how 20-30 years ago, if a woman wasn't sexy she just wore her one-piece bathing suit to the beach and got on with her life. Now women are expected to break their backs doing everything they can in order to be hot.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:56 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,229,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankywithakeyboard View Post
shrug. I love all that stuff (well except for the working out, but I need to do that for health reasons anyways). It's FUN! In fact, I think it's a shame people are so dressed down nowadays that there are very few places you can get all dressed up to with heels and dresses and makeup, especially not a SAHM, lol. I'd love to live in the fifties where women got dressed up every day, with the little suits and hats and gloves, yum

Old 07-22-2013, 06:59 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
I've been amazed at what a difference a good or bad haircut can make on a guy. A guy can go from hot to not to ugh! with different haircuts. Guys should pay more attention to that if they want women. It's about how it frames your face, guys.
My hairs unruly and kinky add in a receeding hairline and bald spot on the back of my head its impossible for me to style my hair well

Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM

837 posts, read 961,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
My hairs unruly and kinky add in a receeding hairline and bald spot on the back of my head its impossible for me to style my hair well
Have you considered shaving your dome? I'm a huge believer it's way more attractive for a man to take the plunge and solve the problem instead of just letting his hairline wilt away closer to whatever is going on towards the back of his head.

Even if your head's a funny shape!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
I've seen guys with great hair really botch their look, though, with a bad haircut.

Your hair could work, though, JBT, with the right personality. You could get kind of a Gene Wilder thing going. Check the film: Silver Streak http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Wilder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships