Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:03 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
She can get a decent guy with the tattoos and if the guy does not accept her with tattoos and all he is not worth wasting the time on.

Those tattoos have been around much longer than any guy and I see no reason to even suggest such a drastic change for Jet to start having them removed. What a load of bullhockeychickenpoo.

Cripes, already, if you want to see changes in someone change yourself. There is no reason for anyone else to change just because you or some other shallow, superficial judgemental human "thinks they should work on looking better". Who are you? The good looks fairy godmother?

What makes you such an expert or should I ask what makes you "so full of GREATNESS"? Maybe if you bottle it and sell it from a medicine wagon you could visit the old west towns and make some sort of profit.
I was waiting for someone to say this to the "get rid of the tattoos" post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 08:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,877,478 times
I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't know what I was talking about. The tattoo removal I mentioned because I've heard her say on this forum that she thinks tattoos hurt her chances. But the track marks disclosure makes me back off my suggestion. Still, I won't endorse the love-me-for-who-I-am idea, if I'm reading correctly between the lines that that's a reason to not change appearance. In the real world, most people cannot love blindly.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't know what I was talking about. The tattoo removal I mentioned because I've heard her say on this forum that she thinks tattoos hurt her chances. But the track marks disclosure makes me back off my suggestion. Still, I won't endorse the love-me-for-who-I-am idea, if I'm reading correctly between the lines that that's a reason to not change appearance. In the real world, most people cannot love blindly.
There's a fine line to tread with the self-improvement thing, though. Some people have done the best they can, and it's not enough, even if they have a great personality to go with whatever improvements they've made. Life throws people challenges, and it's not fair to imply that they can fix everything if they'd only try. They can improve up to a point, but after that point, they have to take the other advice so often given, about being happy with themselves and their lives, and just living a fulfilling life.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:29 PM

769 posts, read 976,703 times
If I wasn't strange about having my picture on web I would do it. However I am not the type to put a dressed up photo of me up. There are plenty with me showing horses and coincide but no formal Pics.

I am attractive but know my faults

Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,877,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's a fine line to tread with the self-improvement thing, though. Some people have done the best they can, and it's not enough, even if they have a great personality to go with whatever improvements they've made. Life throws people challenges, and it's not fair to imply that they can fix everything if they'd only try. They can improve up to a point, but after that point, they have to take the other advice so often given, about being happy with themselves and their lives, and just living a fulfilling life.
That's true. I myself might have maxed out and wish I could do more. I was directing the thread at people who act hopeless when they probably could "improve up to a point."

Old 07-21-2013, 10:05 PM

88,544 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well said. I worked all my life to look as good as possible, but there's still just so much raw material to work with. When I was a teenager, I saved the money to get contacts so I wouldn't be called "four-eyes" anymore, and I kept going to a dermatologist for the acne until I outgrew it in my mid-twenties. I learned to be careful with hair and makeup and be the best I could be, but none of that was going to ever make me pretty or even "attractive". I just don't have a face that can be described that way, and I'm too tall, which did not help matters. I did learn, however, to become PRESENTABLE, and now that I'm in my fifties and the dating chances are all gone, I still work to be presentable, if only for myself (and because I am in the business world).

Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That's true. I myself might have maxed out and wish I could do more. I was directing the thread at people who act hopeless when they probably could "improve up to a point."
LOL, I like your term "maxed out".

Old 07-21-2013, 10:28 PM

355 posts, read 388,965 times
I don't know why people think tall is an unattractive trait

a girl who was ugly tall would be ugly short, and a girl who was hot tall would be hot short

the difference is with guys, skinny at any height is bad, and it's harder to not look like a stick figure when you're taller

Old 07-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post

a girl who was ugly tall would be ugly short, and a girl who was hot tall would be hot short

the difference is with guys, skinny at any height is bad, and it's harder to not look like a stick figure when you're taller
Good point. Obviously, I fell into the former category.

But I can get things off of high shelves. You'd think that would have counted for SOMETHING.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
She can get a decent guy with the tattoos and if the guy does not accept her with tattoos and all he is not worth wasting the time on.

Those tattoos have been around much longer than any guy and I see no reason to even suggest such a drastic change for Jet to start having them removed. What a load of bullhockeychickenpoo.

Cripes, already, if you want to see changes in someone change yourself. There is no reason for anyone else to change just because you or some other shallow, superficial judgemental human "thinks they should work on looking better". Who are you? The good looks fairy godmother?

What makes you such an expert or should I ask what makes you "so full of GREATNESS"? Maybe if you bottle it and sell it from a medicine wagon you could visit the old west towns and make some sort of profit.

I completely agree. I have no doubts whatsoever that I've probably 'missed out' on a lot of great guys because of my tattoos...but would I rather go through life basing my decisions on other peoples comfort levels? Or choosing to do things (or not to do things) based solely on what other people may think instead of my own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post

Yes and no...I've been told on a few occasions that guys would 'love to date me' but since I was taller than them they weren't interested anymore. I think the tall factor could be the bit that pushes many women out of the 'could date' category into the 'not interested' category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships