Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,478 times

Advertisements

His name was Rob and oh boy, was he a looker. Dark hair, blue eyes, killer smile (sorry this is reading like a cheesy Harlequin ), but he was very shy and I interpreted that as non-interest. A few friends of ours told me later that he liked me, but he thought that I wanted nothing to do with him.

Oh, the places Rob and I could have gone together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,545,876 times
In thinking back, I've had girls who would focus on me when talking to a group or come up to sit by me and talk. But being the dummy I was at the time, I didn't realize they were interested until days or months later. By the time I got it, they had moved on thinking I wasn't interested.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
This is the story of my life. I spent the first 24 years of my life oblivious to male interest in me.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:08 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
They probably read on some internet forum that women like to be "friends first" and then date.
I know a lot of women don't care for that approach (they feel it's misleading) but I would have gone out with either of these two guys if they ever asked. I just figured they only wanted to be friends. And who knows, maybe they did and had other reasons for cutting me out of their lives that had nothing to do with an interest in me (I never asked). It just seemed weird that they both left/turned cold as soon as I was seeing someone.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I don't think I've missed anything obvious. If I've missed something, then it was not obvious and I don't know about it to be able to call it out now.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
I don't ever see the signs. I am always wrong. Anytime I am sure a woman is insterested in me, she isn't, and when I think she isn't, I find out years later she was and of course by the time I find this out she is in a relationship or married

Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
When I was in my early 20s a fellow graduate student of mine who was studying design told me to come to her studio for lunch some time and she gave me the room key, but to make sure that I knock before barging in because she might be doing naked yoga(I found out later she made that up but was just trying to pique my interest). When I never met up with her invited me to play intramural softball with her, which I did, but I was oblivious again when I declined to go out for drinks afterwards. She asked me if I wanted to go running, and we went for a nice jog, but just chatted about research and stuff. Finally she called me up and said that she had been trying hard to get me to ask her out but that she was sick of it and that if I liked her she wanted to go out and if I didn't she wanted me to stay away. We dated for nine months and I still consider her a friend. I am not usually that dense, but I think I was thrown off due to the fact that she was French and spoke with a heavy accent.

OMG, naked yoga, science, and a french accent? Boy oh boy, I hope you have adjusted your sensors by now!

Also, is she currently available?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
OMG, naked yoga, science, and a french accent? Boy oh boy, I hope you have adjusted your sensors by now!

Also, is she currently available?
She was studying some sort of interior design, and she said she made up the yoga thing because she thought it would make me curious, so 0/2 on that. The french accent was sexy when she spoke french, but kinda nasally for English. She is married and has two kids and the guy she married runs the pet shelter where I adopted my dog. It is a small world.

If I found a woman that was a scientist with a sexy accent that actually practiced naked yoga that was interested in me like she was I probably would be married to her.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I usually figure it out.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I usually figure it out.
Do you figure it out in time? Or is it too late?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships