Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:19 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,572,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It's a small snapshot of their life and I question what their relationship is like to begin with. He's definitely no angel based on the fact that he set her up. He knows he's being filmed so he can behave differently for the camera. I have to question how manipulative and controlling he is. All he did was egg her on and escalate it for the camera, never once did he offer a compromise. We don't know what transpired prior to the camera being turned on.
True, but can you really rationalize her reaction? Is it not over the top? He wants to get his truck taken care of, but she wants to go to the lake and loses her ever loving mind because he won't give in.

Quote:
If he's so fed up with her behaviors, why wait so long to separate/file for divorce? And why broadcast it to the world?
People tend to get fed up after waiting a long time for things to change. Why not broadcast it? She has no problem slamming him on Facebook and Twitter - and she admits to this. It could be all part of him being fed up.

Quote:
And out of curiosity, he states she posted stuff on FB/Twitter, but has there been any proof of that? And what exactly has she been posting?
No need for proof. He saw her grab her phone and predicted she was going to make him out to be the bad guy on Facebook and Twitter. She readily admitted that's what she's done and was what she was about to do.....AND tried to justify it.

He can't "set her up" unless he KNOWS how she is going to react. Sure, this could be a case of an abused woman who has completely devolved and he orchestrated it. I have seen it happen. But, really, THAT kind of reaction because she can't go to the lake? I doubt this is the case.

I don't know that I would have found it as funny as he did, but I can see how he would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,423,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
I think the people saying he "set her up" are missing the point.
So if a woman behaved that way with you, you wouldn't insist on therapy/help or leave? You'd wait to film her behaviors and broadcast it publicly?

Quote:
Do you guys *not* hear her yelling, being irrational, and acting like a 3rd grader throwing a tantrum? What about her admitting to texting everybody to make him look like the bad guy ("Because you are!!! You won't take me on the lake!!") ? Or her admitting "That's why everybody makes comments at work about you!!" ?
And clearly you don't hear him antagonizing her. Yeah, that's healthy, rational behavior.

Quote:

Yep, the woman who films her husband yelling at her as she cowers is just as bad as the guy, and egging him on... ::rolls eyes::
Unrelated situations.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:26 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,551,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That's because people find the women losing it "entertaining." I doubt it would be entertaining if it was a video of a guy beating up his wife. For the record - yes, women abuse men as well - but men usually cause a lot more damage. Those videos aren't funny.
i didnt read many posts chuckling, but like someone said, it's definitely a pattern since he knew what was coming. and no one is talking about physical violence against women. i'm sure she is deserving of the sisterly pitty for being caught on film in a most unflattering occasion, but the experience will probably be therapeutic.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,846,644 times
It is simple - the woman is having a nicotine fit...the man is being an insensitive prick. Yes the woman is childlike and immature- He should stop and get her some smokes and maybe hold her in his arms....I feel sorry for her.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
True, but can you really rationalize her reaction? Is it not over the top? He wants to get his truck taken care of, but she wants to go to the lake and loses her ever loving mind because he won't give in.

People tend to get fed up after waiting a long time for things to change. Why not broadcast it? She has no problem slamming him on Facebook and Twitter - and she admits to this. It could be all part of him being fed up.

No need for proof. He saw her grab her phone and predicted she was going to make him out to be the bad guy on Facebook and Twitter. She readily admitted that's what she's done and was what she was about to do.....AND tried to justify it.

He can't "set her up" unless he KNOWS how she is going to react. Sure, this could be a case of an abused woman who has completely devolved and he orchestrated it. I have seen it happen. But, really, THAT kind of reaction because she can't go to the lake? I doubt this is the case.

I don't know that I would have found it as funny as he did, but I can see how he would.
She stated in an interview that they were fighting about an unrelated issue prior to the lake argument. He had promised to go with her to hang with friends at the lake, but at the last minute changed his mind. Apparently she can't drive (previous DUI), which is why she depends on him. Why couldn't he compromise and say "Hey, I really want to get the tires rotated then we'll head on over to the lake?" For all we know he keeps making the same promise to her every weekend and this was her breaking point.

I believe there are two sides to every story and then there's the truth and I think there's a lot more to this story than just a woman who throws tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,219,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
i didnt read many posts chuckling, but like someone said, it's definitely a pattern since he knew what was coming. and no one is talking about physical violence against women. i'm sure she is deserving of the sisterly pitty for being caught on film in a most unflattering occasion, but the experience will probably be therapeutic.
My point was that men lose it like this, too - it just usually takes a more violent form. And nobody wants to watch that.

I don't really feel that sorry for her. I don't really feel that sorry for either one of them, to tell you the truth. I'll say this - if someone video taped my husband and I having one of our huge blowouts - we might both look like 3 year olds having a temper tantrum! But my husband usually blows up first - so he wouldn't be able to video tape just me having a tantrum while he looks all calm. And our big fights don't happen very often.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,449,477 times
Quote:
So if a woman behaved that way with you, you wouldn't insist on therapy/help or leave? You'd wait to film her behaviors and broadcast it publicly?
Who are you to judge him?

You're not in his shoes.

Yeah - "I'm sorry dear, the first time he threatened you, you really should of insisted he get therapy..because you didn't, you're just as bad as he is.."

Quote:
And clearly you don't hear him antagonizing her. Yeah, that's healthy, rational behavior.
Antagonizing, seriously?

He's telling her he needs to get his tires rotated...

And then he's responding off of her reaction.

Antagonizing would be leading to and causing the reaction. He's not doing that - her reaction comes first...

And "sometimes you just can't do stuff Wit." would most likely not qualify as antagonistic to most adults..

Quote:
Unrelated situations.
They're both examples of abuse. One creates physical fear directed towards one person, the other creates a wall of people turning against you.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Who are you to judge him?
are you not judging her?

Quote:
Antagonizing, seriously?
I wouldn't expect you to recognize it.

Quote:
They're both examples of abuse. One creates physical fear directed towards one person, the other creates a wall of people turning against you.
We're not discussing the situation of fear. We discussing the behaviors of the people in the video. You think men don't throw "tantrums" or exhibit behaviors similar to the woman in the video????

Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,195,540 times
She's mentally unstable and he's an ass. Bad combination. Hopefully they did each other a favor and got the heck out of each others' lives.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:25 AM

69 posts, read 56,113 times
He didn't do anything wrong except marry a psycho. Good thing he left her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships