Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:59 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Of course it's true, though you can't convince people of certain concepts until they themselves are ready to grow and stretch their consciousness.

Sadly, most of the world lives a very unconscious existence - never taking personal responsibility for their own lives and happiness, choosing instead to be slaves to their ego's or blame all external factors for their misery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Of course it's true, though you can't convince people of certain concepts until they themselves are ready to grow and stretch their consciousness.

Sadly, most of the world lives a very unconscious existence - never taking personal responsibility for their own lives and happiness, choosing instead to be slaves to their ego's or blame all external factors for their misery.
Perfectly said!

Old 07-30-2013, 04:42 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Again - that is just a throw away phrase that says nothing.
Repeating a thing doesn't make it so.

It's not a throwaway phrase. It's a cliche. It's become a cliche because it has been overused to the point that its original meaning and effect are lost ... to the point that now, as you have shown, it elicits eye-rolls rather than "Ah-has!"

It has become overused for one reason - because it's true.

Davie can ask 1 million people if he has anything to offer, and he could get half a million different answers. But the only "correct" answer will be the one that mirrors what he already believes about himself. If he thinks he has nothing to offer, then he'll side with those who say "no."

But if he truly believes that he DOES have SOMETHING to offer, then he will side with those who say yes. And then he will REALLY have something to offer.

He will be a person who can ADD to another person's life because he will not constantly rely on that other person to "MAKE ME HAPPY!!!!" because he already will have a source for that: within himself.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Davie, there is no shame in being bisexual. But there is in being dishonest with potential relationship partners.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:31 PM

911 posts, read 2,599,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I'm 23, 24 in December, and I've been single for 2 years now (last and only relationship I've ever had ended in October 2011) and while I have had a hookup here and there, I find myself wanting to be in a meaningful relationship with a young woman my age

So here's a little about me, I'll try and highlight all my "good qualities"

-I am building a career for a major and stable company here in Florida, and plan on being a store manager in the future, though I only have an HS education, I can still get into mgmt through hard work and on the job training
-I live at home, BUT I am seeking a 2nd job so I can get my own apartment and move out
-I don't do any drugs, not even weed
-I don't use tobacco products
-I am a social drinker though
-Other than living at home, I buy my own groceries, pay my car payment, gas, cell phone, car insurance, etc
-I'm very outgoing, and easy to talk to
-I have a great sense of humor and am always trying to make people laugh
-I have a sense of adventure and exploration. I'm always going out around town checking out new restaurants, stores, bars, etc
-I treat everybody as I wish to be treated
-My idea of a romantic date would be a walk through a downtown park as the sun sets behind the skyline, where we could just chat about whatever, and hold hands
-I'm very old fashioned (ie I open doors for women, pull out chairs, etc) I guess chivalrous is the right word

And here is what I look for in a woman (people tell me my standards are too high btw)

-She has to be physically attractive to me, she doesn't have to look like Kate Upton, but at the same time, she cant look like Precious either. Sorry if that sounds douchy, but thats how I feel. I dont mind if a girl is even moderately overweight because I have met some overweight girls who ARE attractive. But there is a limit. A cute face is nice too
-She has to have a job! I don't care what kind of job it is, just have one, while I dont mind spoiling my girl and payingh for dates, I'm not made of money, This is a deal breaker
-She has to have a car. Why? I'm no chauffeur, and my car requires premium gas that's why. This is a deal breaker
-She doesn't do any drugs, DEFINITELY a deal breaker
-She has to have a sense of humor, most girls I meet have the sense of humor of a tree stump
-She has to be interested in more than material things and money.

So ladies in your 20s here is my question, do I have ANYTHING to offer Millenial women or am I just a dud and should quit right now? And are my standards too high

I do need to add this about myself. I was diagnosed with HIV last year, and I take medication now and the medicine has made it IMPOSSIBLE to spread even without protection according to my DR. However if I were in a relationship, I would be open and honest about my health as well as use condoms 100% of the time
Top Stories : Undetectable Viral Load Essentially Eliminates Transmission Risk in Straight Couples

thats the thing,man. you have a job and all that...so they're afraid

Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
basically OP you sound fine but boring, the HIV thing however means you have 2 options

2. since you cannot spread your HIV anyway omit this information(ABSOLUTELY NOT reccommended mainly because it will wreck any relationship if it gets out and may lead to criminal charges, but if you just have a bunch of one night stands/FWBs/short term relationships or live a whole fake life so you cannot be caught then I guess it could work)

Are you absolutely crazy? To tell this guy to OMIT the information that he is HIV+? That is just one of the many things wrong with this world and why so many women have such a LOW opinion of men.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Are you absolutely crazy? To tell this guy to OMIT the information that he is HIV+? That is just one of the many things wrong with this world

Old 07-30-2013, 06:36 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am going to be brutally honest with you OP. I work in the HIV world (communicator, policymaking, activist, etc.) but taking myself out of that and into the realm of potential partner, the big question in my mind would be HOW did you contract the virus. It is very rare for a man to get it from a woman. Men are almost always infected through MSM activity or injection drug use. Those would be the red flags for me. Not the infection itself since I know with ARV meds and circumcision you can reduce your chance of transmission to almost zero.
I seem to recall the OP revealing that a woman infected him.

I'd have to be extremely into someone (i.e. obsessed) to date them knowing that they were HIV+ and still probably wouldn't have sex with them (but that's just because I don't have a need for sex).

Old 07-30-2013, 06:42 PM

105 posts, read 283,919 times
The HIV+ would be extremely hard for me to get past as I would find it too risky, no matter what the doctors say of its passing probability Sorry, OP. I know that probably seems ignorant in your eyes, but I imagine many HIV- women would feel this way.

I agree though that perhaps you'd have much better luck searching for a partner who is also +? Definitely don't omit that info as suggested. Isn't that illegal?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I seem to recall the OP revealing that a woman infected him.

I'd have to be extremely into someone (i.e. obsessed) to date them knowing that they were HIV+ and still probably wouldn't have sex with them (but that's just because I don't have a need for sex).
No, apparently it was a MtF transsexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships