Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:01 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times

Advertisements

When it comes to children the truth is the best answer.

The "no" vote always wins.......... Kids need to be wanted and for the right reasons.

If that necessitates you breaking up with him, please do it... don't have kids for the wrong reasons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 07:12 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,512,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy40881 View Post
im sorry i should have been more clear i do want more just not NOW!! i wanna get financially stable first but he doesnt seem to think its a problem.
Then be honest with him and set up specific goals. Like, I want to have a child with you, but I want us to be in a better financial position first. I want us to have xyz amount saved first, and I want us to be married. (Or whatever would make you feel comfortable and ready.)

Both of you should be ready to take this step. On the flip side of that, since you guys have already been together for 4-5 years, he may feel you're just dragging it out indefinitely. Having specific steps in place so it doesn't feel like such a moving target may help.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:58 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,843,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy40881 View Post
im sorry i should have been more clear i do want more just not NOW!! i wanna get financially stable first but he doesnt seem to think its a problem.
Tell him since it's a problem for one of you, it's a problem for both of you. Now...what's your plan to make it happen? Don't have one? Good! Now you tell him to help you formulate a plan so you can make this happen. Work on it together! This way he knows you're not saying no, and you're trying to find a way to say yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships