Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:30 AM

65 posts, read 85,599 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I should have expected as much. I have interviews/traveling to do the next couple weeks, but I guess I could ask her out for drinks/something to eat when I'm free. Really stupid question, but assuming I get the balls to do it, it should be via phone call right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Have you gotten together in person before or is your friendship basically over the phone?
We have, but the bulk of interaction is over phone/internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 11:36 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,501,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan123 View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I should have expected as much. I have interviews/traveling to do the next couple weeks, but I guess I could ask her out for drinks/something to eat when I'm free. Really stupid question, but assuming I get the balls to do it, it should be via phone call right?
I would say however you usually speak to her is fine for asking her out. My biggest piece of advice would be to let go of the fear of rejection. I know it's easier said than done, but the truth is, she already either is open to the possibility or she isn't. If you show you have some balls and ask her out, and she says no, you can move on. If she says yes, great. Confidence is attractive.

You might try this. In a message tell her, "I'm thinking of going to xxx on Friday (restaurant or some thing to do). You want to come?"

This is a little gentler than, "Do you want to go out with me sometime?" but still gets you the same information. If she likes you, she'll say yes, or say she's busy, but suggest another time. If she doesn't want to go, she'll say she already has plans, but neither of you have to flat out say "I like you" or "I don't like you like that."

Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 AM

43 posts, read 56,138 times
I'll say it again.......

The friendzone doesn't exist. I repeat, the friendzone does not exist.

It is bullsh*t, plain and simple. It's a fake hell created by people that feel they deserve love and affection for acting nice instead of being nice, and feel they are exempt from putting forth the effort to actually be attractive to someone or show interest in them.

He/she either likes you, or they don't. Accept it, move on, try your luck with the other 3 billion women on this planet and quit acting like being friends with the girl is a bad thing.

Recent example: Met a girl a few months ago that I was really into, but the feeling was not mutual on her end and she just wanted to be friends. I accepted that, and instead of awkwardly sulking and dwelling...I kept right on with being her friend, and just focused on dating other women. We played video games, went shopping, smoked bud, talked/complained about our dates, discussed and often joked about our sex lives. We became really close as friends, and even fooled around one night after coming home from a party. The fact that we were just friends and understood that made it way more satisfying, as well.

Seriously, quit worrying about the "friendzone". Go on dates, have fun, and keep the friends you make in the process.

PROTIP: Just because she's not into you doesn't mean her friends won't be. Instead of acting lame if she refuses you, just be her friend (without forcing it) and if she feels comfy with you, I'm sure she'll have no problem praising you to her friends if you decide to try your luck.

Last edited by j3tpowered; 08-07-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 01:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tpowered View Post
I'll say it again.......

The friendzone doesn't exist. I repeat, the friendzone does not exist.

It is bullsh*t, plain and simple. It's a fake hell created by people that feel they deserve love and affection for acting nice instead of being nice, and feel they are exempt from putting forth the effort to actually be attractive to someone or show interest in them.

He/she either likes you, or they don't. Accept it, move on, try your luck with the other 3 billion women on this planet and quit acting like being friends with the girl is a bad thing.

Recent example: Met a girl a few months ago that I was really into, but the feeling was not mutual on her end and she just wanted to be friends. I accepted that, and instead of awkwardly sulking and dwelling...I kept right on with being her friend, and just focused on dating other women. We played video games, went shopping, smoked bud, talked/complained about our dates, discussed and often joked about our sex lives. We became really close as friends, and even fooled around one night after coming home from a party. The fact that we were just friends and understood that made it way more satisfying, as well.

Seriously, quit worrying about the "friendzone". Go on dates, have fun, and keep the friends you make in the process.

PROTIP: Just because she's not into you doesn't mean her friends won't be. Instead of acting lame if she refuses you, just be her friend (without forcing it) and if she feels comfy with you, I'm sure she'll have no problem praising you to her friends if you decide to try your luck.

THANK YOU.

If she likes you, she likes you period. It doesn't matter if you ask her out now, or next year, she'll STILL be into you.

And this BS from other posters about women only being into looks and money is just that...BS. Stop going after the top 1% of materialistic women and start dating average women and those worries would go away.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:54 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Stop talking to girls who reject you romantically. Grow a pair and move on. I've never been in the FZ not because I've never been rejected because I don't ALLOW myself to be there. If i want something more I'm not going to settle for being your friend. F that. What I've always found funny is people give women props for not settling for being just a Bootycall but when a man wont settle for being a friend he's a monster smh.

Oh and about the whole "set up with friends" thing. Generally speaking if a woman doesn't find you up to par from a romantic standpoint chances are her friends aint either. So they'll be no "setting you up with her friends". I can literally count on my hand(2) the number of males I've ever known who got their current partner through being introduced by a female friend

Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Stop talking to girls who reject you romantically. Grow a pair and move on. I've never been in the FZ not because I've never been rejected because I don't ALLOW myself to be there. If i want something more I'm not going to settle for being your friend. F that. What I've always found funny is people give women props for not settling for being just a Bootycall but when a man wont settle for being a friend he's a monster smh.
I was with you until the straw man at the end. Please to show us where anyone has called a guy a monster?

If a woman is not interested in a man romantically and he continues to hang around her just in case, that's not something that she's done to him. If the friend zone exists, it's because the dude has put himself there.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:27 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
As a man, it is your responsibility to make your intentions clear from the very get go. If you get to know a woman, because you want to date her, let her know that from the very first time you meet. In a rare instance, a man may truly want a friendship with a woman (dont know why but it happens), only to develop romantic interest later on during said friendhip. That is the only excusable reason for a man to be in a friendzone, and that doesnt really help him getting out of it. Wont atch me in the friendzone...haha

Old 08-07-2013, 02:32 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
In a rare instance, a man may truly want a friendship with a woman (dont know why but it happens)
Because they like each other as people.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:45 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I was with you until the straw man at the end. Please to show us where anyone has called a guy a monster?

If a woman is not interested in a man romantically and he continues to hang around her just in case, that's not something that she's done to him. If the friend zone exists, it's because the dude has put himself there.
Exactly.

And I agree with Brad that if was interested in someone and they didn't have the same interest in return, I didn't linger around like a dog, waiting for someone to throw me a bone. I never settled for being friends while secretly harbouring feelings for them, I simply moved on.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:48 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
THANK YOU.

If she likes you, she likes you period. It doesn't matter if you ask her out now, or next year, she'll STILL be into you.

And this BS from other posters about women only being into looks and money is just that...BS. Stop going after the top 1% of materialistic women and start dating average women and those worries would go away.
I disagree with this. A woman might like a guy initially but he can do something to make her lose interest. She may hang out with him or even talk to him but she might not date him. A woman wont like a guy forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships