Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 03:22 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,703 times

Advertisements

It's never happened to me!

Old 08-15-2013, 03:24 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Forever Blue is right on. Wife and I love these crime stories on cable. There are lots of evil people out there just looking for another potential victim. Can't believe anyone would risk putting themselves into a position where they could easily be robbed, beaten, murdered or even blackmailed. No thanks. I've seen enough in my life to know you CANNOT tell a book by its cover.

If I were a woman, I don't think I'd even consider going out with someone without a background check.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:25 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Could've been either swingers or open relationship types, but beginners if the were. Or just really friendly people trying to expand their social circle.

Go read/listen to some Dan Savage, and then mention him the next time you see them. That might clarify their intentions.

I've never been approached, but the one and only time I was at a strip club, I remember asking my ex why those two older couples were smiling at me. He sighed: "Swingers. They think you're cute."

Old 08-15-2013, 04:01 PM

302 posts, read 303,463 times
if they're both very attractive, I would consider it.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
if they're both very attractive, I would consider it.
Lol

Old 08-15-2013, 04:08 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Forever Blue is right on. Wife and I love these crime stories on cable. There are lots of evil people out there just looking for another potential victim. Can't believe anyone would risk putting themselves into a position where they could easily be robbed, beaten, murdered or even blackmailed. No thanks. I've seen enough in my life to know you CANNOT tell a book by its cover.

If I were a woman, I don't think I'd even consider going out with someone without a background check.

I agreee with this and forever blue . I always watch those crime shows and Im always in awe how openly stupid some people are and how they allow themselves to be victims of crimes. Let me tell you , I was room mates with a girl who was openly friendly with everyone during my college years . One night she and I were in the apartment by ourselves and she was dating this guy she did not know very much about him other than he worked in the library at the college . Well he and she were in the kitchen and I went in to get a diet soda , I had no sooner got my head in the fridge when she screamed and I turned around and he was stabbing her and then he turned the knife on me I received 11 stab wounds and I remember like it was yesterday laying in that floor and my hand over my stomach and smelling an iron smell . Well she died and I lived and the dr told me the iron smell was my blood . I remember being semi conscious and hearing him riffling through our purses and our drawers looking for stuff . The next thing I remember was the dr calling me by my name and asking me what day it was ? I had been unconscious for three weeks .The detective came by the hospital and asked me who it was that stabbed us and I told him his name and where he worked . They caught him almost a yr later cause he did this to another set of girls ....so please , please be careful . Oh yeah he got 7 yrs for murdering my best friend and stabbing me 11 times ah the wonderful justice system...Please be careful and dont become friendly with those people .It pays to be stand offish .

Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, your thinking Swinger or open marriage couple?
no idea man...i wouldn't be touching it with a 1000 foot pole. god knows what they could be up to.
i have nothing against people who want to swing or keep things open, but a random encounter shoots off all sorts of danger signs to me.

in my former friends case, it wasn't her lifestyle that made me shy away. it was the fact i knew she wasn't being as careful with herself or the people she was involved with as she should be.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:30 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,983,025 times
phonelady61, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Only 7 yrs...yikes, only to be released again to do another rampage!

I'd never want to be roommates with anyone because they may not have my way of thinking & therefore may do many more careless things than I would, thus causing potential danger to BOTH of us.

If people are too friendly to me...haven't happened yet, I'd be wary. I'm not so desperate for friends that I'll go along with anyone just because they say so.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,568 times
Phonelady, how awful!!

This has happened to me. I turned them down. Not interested at all.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:16 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,436,759 times
Three options:
Does he want you to double team his wife? Good...
Does he want to play with you? Bad.
Does he want you to play with him? BAD!!!

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships