Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:02 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
I love how these people wanna give their anecdotal examples in an effort to disprove my statement. "I'm friends with the opposite sex. So it must mean that men and women can have a problem free, platonic relationship." Somehow you completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of men and women don't have friends of the opposite sex. They don't have it because they don't wanna b.s. about it.

Of course, those posters who are friends with the opposite sex are going to say it's impossible that one or both parties harbors lust for the other one. They won't blatantly admit it because it would just bring out the fact that their relationship is a sham and it isn't platonic. They have nothing to gain by admitting it.
Look, just like I said, I have mostly all men friends. If they harbor lust for me they haven't said anything about it!

Well, only one has, and another one told me about it 20 years later....lol.

But truthfully, I am in a happy relationship and these people are just that, friends.

I do not harbor any lustful feelings towards any of my male friends.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Do you realize how much easier it is for a woman to be friends with a man? Men complain about all the drama involved with women and how much they nag, etc, etc. Well don't you think they pile their endless drama on their female friends?!?!?

It is no fun and I don't like it. I don't like ******y women who think they know everything there is to know about everything and go on and on about it.

It gets old. Fast. I have one woman friend who does not do that and she is a lesbian. Come to think of it, I think she for sure harbors lustful feelings towards me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 06:03 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a large group of friends, both male and female, and we haven't all slept with each other.... so I have no idea what you're talking about.

In fact, if a guy doesn't have at least one female friend I consider that a red flag because that usually means he only views women as walking vaginas and not actual people.

Bu...bu...but..........he must want to sleep with his one female friend!

Be realistic, Jet. Deluded doesn't suit you.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Bu...bu...but..........he must want to sleep with his one female friend!

Be realistic, Jet. Deluded doesn't suit you.

My bad.

Dudes only keep women around because they might be able to sleep with them.

Actually, I do believe this is true for a large portion of men, but the ones who aren't like that are the ones you want to keep around

Old 08-21-2013, 06:26 PM

213 posts, read 504,186 times
I had a girl call me "bro" and I was in her friend zone. I'm guessing that the term is reserved for friendzoned dudes.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
I had a girl call me "bro" and I was in her friend zone. I'm guessing that the term is reserved for friendzoned dudes.
I had a girl call me "bro" and I was her brother.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Moderator cut: image removed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 12:52 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 06:41 PM

415 posts, read 599,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess I thought you were capable of mature conversation. My bad.
I started drinking some Moosehead during the last two posts in this thread. Mature convos are impossible for me at this point.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:16 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Negative bro

Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
I started drinking some Moosehead during the last two posts in this thread. Mature convos are impossible for me at this point.

TheBigGuy is a Canuck!

I hang my head in shame for all my fellow countrymen.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Negative bro
You slept with the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships