Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 04:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,235,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Probably started a "Whoa is me - The short guy group" on facebook.
Are you sure that's not, "woe is me"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
OP, no one here will give you a straight answer...because most posters on CD aren't short men. The truth is it is a significant handicap in regards to dating to be a short guy. Many women are willing to look past most flaws except height and to a lesser extent ethnicity. Are there outliers? Of course. The question you have to ask yourself is how much are you willing to do to be the rare outlier that is successful in dating and relationships.
A lot of people have dating handicaps. They can range from actual handicaps, to being the wrong height, having physical deformities etc etc.

You get over it and move on, and if you can't find anyone who wants to be with you then you remain single.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,441,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Are you sure that's not, "woe is me"?

I'm sure you'll get over it. Give it time.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:43 PM

296 posts, read 571,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
A lot of people have dating handicaps. They can range from actual handicaps, to being the wrong height, having physical deformities etc etc.

You get over it and move on, and if you can't find anyone who wants to be with you then you remain single.
I agree. But the question I think most (not excluding myself) deal with is when to throw in the towel. Trying to socialize romantically takes a lot out of you and if you realize no one wants to be with you because of certain flaws, you start having to decide whether this will always be the case or whether it's best to call it quits. And somewhere in between we all probably will complain about it

Old 08-21-2013, 04:43 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,216,325 times
Quote:
I don't think that's a 12 year old...
I don't think he meant that literally.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I'm sure you'll get over it. Give it time.
My English teachers traumatized me.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,441,148 times
Quote:
My English teachers traumatized me.
Maybe you won't get over it.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
I agree. But the question I think most (not excluding myself) deal with is when to throw in the towel. Trying to socialize romantically takes a lot out of you and if you realize no one wants to be with you because of certain flaws, you start having to decide whether this will always be the case or whether it's best to call it quits. And somewhere in between we all probably will complain about it
I can definitely agree with that. I tried for many years to improve myself and become what I thought was a good partner...but was constantly rejected for physical things I had no control over. I became so disgusted with the whole process that I just threw in the towel altogether.

I am seeing someone now, but it's only a matter of time until I have to tell him about my medical disorders and until he sees my scars up close. Then, he'll suddenly become really busy and fade away, just like all the other ones. It's almost a cliche in my life at this point...but if this doesn't work out for my, my towel is officially thrown in and I plan on devoting all of my time to grad school and traveling.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I can definitely agree with that. I tried for many years to improve myself and become what I thought was a good partner...but was constantly rejected for physical things I had no control over. I became so disgusted with the whole process that I just threw in the towel altogether.

I am seeing someone now, but it's only a matter of time until I have to tell him about my medical disorders and until he sees my scars up close. Then, he'll suddenly become really busy and fade away, just like all the other ones. It's almost a cliche in my life at this point...but if this doesn't work out for my, my towel is officially thrown in and I plan on devoting all of my time to grad school and traveling.
You're still a good partner.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Has anyone ever seen ShortDoctor and AStalkingButler in the same room at the same time?
You may be on to something here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships