Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:58 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
From what I can gather, older women have an even worse opinion of short guys than do teenage women. At least a short, handsome guy can pull off the "pretty boy" look and appeal to a number of high school and college women. When women get older and start thinking more about "husband material" men, I think they definitely wouldn't want a short guy because he won't look good walking with them down the aisle at their wedding.
Bull****, I know an old couple that married in their 50s, and the man was shorter. There are always exceptions, so why don't you be one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
And you guys wonder why short guys like me have no confidence

OK, what is your go forward plan?
Become a dictator or an arms dealer. People that buy bombs and guns to kill tall people dont really care if their dealer is short.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:04 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
I can only go by my life experiences, but I see short men with beautiful women all the time, especially my friends and family. I have two uncles who are 5'6 and 5'4, yep 5'4, and they never had a problem getting women(one of my uncles is 55 dating a 34 year old taller than him). Have I heard women say they wouldn't short men? Of course I have, but it isn't this big wave of females that won't date short men that people on this board try to make it out to seem. You can be 6'4 and there will still be women who don't want to date you. You need to realize that every single woman is not going to be attracted to you, or anyone else for that matter. Harping on women you never met talking about short men, is keeping you blinded to the women who may be attracted and interested in you.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:07 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
OP, your problem is you keep honing in on the women (well, teenaged girls really) who aren't attracted to you. And in the process of being so focused on them, you are most likely ignoring the ones that would be attracted to you.

Everybody isn't everybody's type and not everyone is attracted to the same things... heck, there are men and women out there who call some of the hottest looking celebrities "ugly" or (if they are nicer) say they don't see what's so great about them because they are too skinny, too muscular, too old, too young... whatever. And you know what, it doesn't matter because you can't please everyone and be everyone's type.

Stop focusing on the negative and start going for the women out there who do (or will like you). But I can tell you one thing, you need to get rid of that raincloud of despair because no one (male or female) likes to be around someone full of misplaced self pity.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:10 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Oh, well its my opinion of her appearance. Middle of the road.
Then I must be waaaaaaaaaaay worse looking than I ever imagined.
I thought for years I was average looking from neck up. But I take pretty good care of myself.

The point: if The average girl in the OP showed interest in me, I would be floored. Especially if she had her stuff together.

Woman like in the OP that you consider average are usually totally NOT interested in me.

I would consider her above average looking. Especialky if she is fit, or at least height weight porpotionate.

I would guess around here that 33% of women are in the realm of height weight proportionate, and because of that, they are automaticalky above average looking. Unless they have a huuuuuuuuuge nose or something, but IMO, I have probably never seen a woman that was height weight porportionate not be consiered at least average around here. It is a default. I know in Cali and Miami it's a lil different with all the models and actresses around. But in the good ol plump midwest, the gal in the OP would have constant attention from men, regardless of her personality and income. Espciallly in high school, college, or her place of employment.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I thought for years I was average looking from neck up. But I take pretty good care of myself.

The point: if The average girl in the OP showed interest in me, I would be floored. Especially if she had her stuff together.

Woman like in the OP that you consider average are usually totally NOT interested in me.

I would consider her above average looking. Especialky if she is fit, or at least height weight porpotionate.

I would guess around here that 33% of women are in the realm of height weight proportionate, and because of that, they are automaticalky above average looking. Unless they have a huuuuuuuuuge nose or something, but IMO, I have probably never seen a woman that was height weight porportionate not be consiered at least average around here. It is a default. I know in Cali and Miami it's a lil different with all the models and actresses around. But in the good ol plump midwest, the gal in the OP would have constant attention from men, regardless of her personality and income. Espciallly in high school, college, or her place of employment.
In Miami she would be average. But down here, she'd be a beauty, were it not for her nasty attitude towards short people.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I can only go by my life experiences, but I see short men with beautiful women all the time, especially my friends and family. I have two uncles who are 5'6 and 5'4, yep 5'4, and they never had a problem getting women(one of my uncles is 55 dating a 34 year old taller than him). Have I heard women say they wouldn't short men? Of course I have, but it isn't this big wave of females that won't date short men that people on this board try to make it out to seem. You can be 6'4 and there will still be women who don't want to date you. You need to realize that every single woman is not going to be attracted to you, or anyone else for that matter. Harping on women you never met talking about short men, is keeping you blinded to the women who may be attracted and interested in you.
Same here....I honestly never realized that being a short guy was even an issue until I started posting on this forum. I have plenty of male friends who are under 5'5 who are constantly out with beautiful women and I've been rejected enough times by men FAR shorter than me.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

Midwest will do that to a person. I would say she's about a 5/6 (average) in comparison to most of the women I encounter day-to-day. Most women in my area are proportionately built so it's harder to be considered super attractive, unless you have some feature which sets you apart.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:20 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
I'm sure one fake lady represents the thoughts of most women.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:20 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
It's no question why people like you have no confidence.

It's because you pay attention and live your lives based on what Shallow Sally wants instead of actually going outside and looking at society in the real world. You'll see all types of men with all types of women.

A good friend of mine is under 5' tall, and he is with a woman who is around 5'7". You think he gives a s--- about height.

Not one time did I hear him complain about his height.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships