Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 AM

208 posts, read 218,634 times

Advertisements

Having several mistresses. At least that's what my father and grandfather (until my grandmother passed away) have always done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 10:22 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
In my experience, people who consistently get bored in relationships are people who consistently get bored with everything. They get bored of their jobs, bored of their friends, bored of their leisure time activities. They are people who cannot seem to find lasting pleasure in any of the good things life provides, and always need some new thrill or adventure to keep them sufficiently stimulated. They are often people who abuse drugs or alcohol or create needless drama in their lives. I don't know what the answer is, but I know the problem is usually with them, not with their relationships.
I think this is so, so, so true.

I can honestly say that I have never once gotten bored with anybody, but the truth is, I just don't get bored, in general, in life, and so I can't really identify with people who do. There's so much that's interesting, so much to love in life. I just don't identify with the easily bored, in any way, shape, or form.

I think people who are constantly getting bored with people and things in their lives are people who don't know what they want in life, don't know how to find happiness, and so they bumble around filling their lives with random crap, trying people on for size, and discarding when it's not the magic bullet. They don't seem to want to acknowledge that, as you say, the problem is them. I have known people who can't find lasting pleasure in ANYthing, and it was wholly unsurprising, in retrospect, when they couldn't seem to find lasting pleasure in a partner.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:09 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
I've been with the same man since we were both 16 years old. That's 31 years ago.

I have NEVER been bored with him. Ever. I chose wisely. I chose someone I liked, loved and could laugh with. And we have almost everything in common: music, art, movies, religion and politics.

Do I get pissed with him? YES. Do I get furiously angry with him? You bet!

Bored?

Never.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 575 times
Maintain separate households.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:35 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,436,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Go to strip joints or cheat on your wife with Craigslist whores. Never fails to bring excitement back to the relationship when she finds out.

Marry a Italian woman. You'll never be bored again

You can talk to her about your concerns. I bet she feels the same way.

Someone is finding any reason to complain because they are out looking.

I've been married with my wife for 18 years. Everybody gets that "bored" stage. Its normal. Do you come home plop on the couch with a beer? Do you help around the house? And no I threw the trash out every few days does not constitute in I do everything around here.
Sit down and really look at why you are bored? Is the sex there or not. Are either you or her getting wondering eyes? What starts the snippy comments?
We're never bored. My wife and I are in the trenches fighting hand to hand combat against our four kids every night. We want MORE boredom in our lives. Boredom would be a luxury.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
unavoidable and inevitable
most file for divorce
its the reverse price to frog syndrome

Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I've been married 37 years, mostly very happy. I don't know what you're talking about as far as boring goes. Our lives are NOT boring.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
We're never bored. My wife and I are in the trenches fighting hand to hand combat against our four kids every night. We want MORE boredom in our lives. Boredom would be a luxury.
Dude you dont count you got 4 kids. I call unfair advantage 10 yard penalty. I would think body armor and a SWAT team as back up is de rigueur in your household.

My buddy has 5 FIVE girls. 12-19. You should see him now. Some of the girls have bf. He looks 60.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,327 times
We don't get bored, but we don't have typical marriage/schedules I guess. We lived 4 years overseas for his job, so being able to travel to other countries was pretty cool. We like the same things, so it's not hard. We go to sporting events all the time, hiking and biking, we like almost the same stuff on TV, we enjoy evenings at home alone. We enjoy talking. We like to be together. We might feel bored at times, sitting around the house - but we aren't bored with the other person. We usually talk to the other person about what we can go out and do, or we find something to do with each other.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:28 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
In my experience, people who consistently get bored in relationships are people who consistently get bored with everything. They get bored of their jobs, bored of their friends, bored of their leisure time activities. They are people who cannot seem to find lasting pleasure in any of the good things life provides, and always need some new thrill or adventure to keep them sufficiently stimulated. They are often people who abuse drugs or alcohol or create needless drama in their lives. I don't know what the answer is, but I know the problem is usually with them, not with their relationships.
Well I get board of my job have to quit every 5 years and get a new one. I am on the go all the time seeing that if I stay at home for a few days in a row I get depressed. I need to be challenged and have something to work for . When I am bored with a task, completing it can seem like torture. My brain feels like it going 100 mph and I am 2 to 4 steps a head of every one. For the most part I can remember everything people tell me so it gets old when a person tells me the same stories for the 2nd time.

I constantly feel the need to be productive otherwise I feel as if I am wasting my life away.Seeing that I only get 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night I know it is not good but I am busy . If I try to go to bed early I just end up staring at the ceiling and I just get up and go do something like homework or read ahead.I am a major perfectionist. I do lot of activities and feel guilty. Yes guilty. About sleeping more then a few hours very other night.

It is hard to find a woman that can keep up with me . Seeing that i am on the go and need to feel busy or i can not function right.

That is why I have not had a long term relationship is the fact I lose interest in a girl to fast. It sucks but there is not much i can do about that I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships