Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times

Advertisements

Ladies, ladies, ladies. I have a question for you, this is just curiosity and please let's not be too serious here and have a little sense of humor but please answer with honestly. How do you show or express displeasure to your husband, boyfriend or significant other? I know that different situations would trigger different displeasure but let me just pick one. When you are upset with your man about something what do you do? Do you roll your eyes at them? do you raise your hand and give them the "Whatever Attitude"? do you scream at them? do you give them the cold shoulder or the silent treatment? do you throw a temper or do you just pull your claws out and start scratching away like a feisty cat? Now I know that some of the lovely ladies here will beat me up for what I'm going to say but I think an angry woman is sexy as long as she doesn't go too psycho on me So ladies tell us how is for you, feel free to give examples and remember let's not bee too serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 02:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
I tell him that what he's doing is annoying/upsetting me.

Crazy, I know.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Crazy, I know.
Dammit, Lilac! I keep trying to rep you but I can't. So, for the love of Pete and his shoes, stop posting such wisdom!

--Dim

Old 09-05-2013, 02:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
If I am ticked, I usually wait to mull things over and then speak, but while I do that I tend to avoid eye contact. A little line from INXS is "words are weapons, sharper than knives," and I try to choose mine carefully. I'm not always ready to talk about it right away. Rolling eyes, "whatever" ... we don't do that, it's just rude. I also don't like raising my voice.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Put a slash in his pretty 4 by drive.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If I am ticked, I usually wait to mull things over and then speak, but while I do that I tend to avoid eye contact. A little line from INXS is "words are weapons, sharper than knives," and I try to choose mine carefully. I'm not always ready to talk about it right away. Rolling eyes, "whatever" ... we don't do that, it's just rude. I also don't like raising my voice.
Me, too. I guess some would perceive that as the silent treatment - but I'm a very sensitive person so a lot of the time, I'm arguing with myself over whether or not this is something that should upset me. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. Then, when I'm ready - I'll let him know what's going on in my mind. I'm also a wear my heart on my sleeve kind of person - so it's pretty obvious when I'm upset. If it's something simple - like he's in a bad mood and keeps snapping at me, I'l grin and bear it until I've had enough and then I'll tell him to snap out of it!

Old 09-05-2013, 02:35 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
Quote:

Crazy, I know.
Pretty much me too. Nothing gets right to the point as saying, "When you do ____, it annoys me." Or sometimes it helps to give a solution too, "I don't like when you ___, but I really appreciate ____."

If he's not around, I might stew a little bit though. Grumble to myself and all.

The only time I go silent is when I know I am going to say something hurtful and that I will regret. But it's more of a long pause while I calm myself down and get reasonable. But I honestly can't remember the last time I had to do that.

Flip side of this (and a bit of unasked for advice), I am also sure to point out when things make me happy or when I like when he does stuff. Just to keep the scales in favor of me showing I really do appreciate him.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:38 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If I am ticked, I usually wait to mull things over and then speak, but while I do that I tend to avoid eye contact.
I've never believed in the concept of "don't go to bed angry." Most of the time going to bed angry means I get to think about what I want to say, and in the morning I can be calmer and more rational about what I'm upset about.

Also, there are few things more frustrating than a guy not taking you seriously because "you're so cute/sexy when you're mad." We were talking about resisting urges in that other thread--if that sentence is uttered I really do have to resist the urge to stab someone with a fork.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:

Crazy, I know.
You are so weird.

I do the same. I tell him why I'm annoyed and we discuss it like adults who care about one another. Although my husband tells me just one evil look from me lets him know I'm not a happy camper.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Ladies, ladies, ladies. I have a question for you, this is just curiosity and please let's not be too serious here and have a little sense of humor but please answer with honestly. How do you show or express displeasure to your husband, boyfriend or significant other? I know that different situations would trigger different displeasure but let me just pick one. When you are upset with your man about something what do you do? Do you roll your eyes at them? do you raise your hand and give them the "Whatever Attitude"? do you scream at them? do you give them the cold shoulder or the silent treatment? do you throw a temper or do you just pull your claws out and start scratching away like a feisty cat? Now I know that some of the lovely ladies here will beat me up for what I'm going to say but I think an angry woman is sexy as long as she doesn't go too psycho on me So ladies tell us how is for you, feel free to give examples and remember let's not bee too serious.

All of the above except putting my hands on him. I'm not violent. I wear my heart on my sleeve though. It may come out now or later but it's going to come out if I care about him.

I once dated a guy who wanted me to hit him when I was angry. He expressed that he wished I would. I dont get that! He was cray cray.

Last edited by srjth; 09-05-2013 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships